Willie's Clipboard

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Willies Clipboard

Post by Topper »

Maybe he's the hockey equivalent of Bill Belichick.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Virtanen poking the bee's nest with not liking the line juggling, seems he's too young to be complaining though lol.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/desj ... linemates/

Crow giving WD some props? https://soundcloud.com/tsn-radio-vancou ... t-attitude
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

WTF Jake! He hung out with Vrbata too much last year.

But I guess it seems more than one player is voicing the same concern. Like most coaches, WD has a short leash with some players and a longer one with others. But this won't endear him to management who already pegged him last year as one of the young guys who need to learn how to be a pro. I'd really send his ass to Utica and tell him to earn his recall.

And Crow, he's itching to get the head coaching job in Vancouver. He'd love to come back, from what I know anyway.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote:WTF Jake! He hung out with Vrbata too much last year.

But I guess it seems more than one player is voicing the same concern. Like most coaches, WD has a short leash with some players and a longer one with others. But this won't endear him to management who already pegged him last year as one of the young guys who need to learn how to be a pro. I'd really send his ass to Utica and tell him to earn his recall.

And Crow, he's itching to get the head coaching job in Vancouver. He'd love to come back, from what I know anyway.
From what limited views I could see of the Ottawa bench, Crow was doing the Crowing!
Looked damn good doing it too. ;)
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Where there is smoke there is fire. It was well documented that Jake wasn't too well liked by his teammates, coaches and mgmt with the Calgary Hitman in that season after he was drafted. The draft went to his head which forced the Canucks to pull him out of their earlier than he should have thinking having him under there watchful eye would be best for him

Last season near the end of the year it was no secret that some of the vets did not like Jake and Jared as both had developed "my shit don't stink" attitudes as the season went on. Pedan voiced his dislike for McCann, Vrbata did not Ike the two and it was quite obvious who Sedin was voicing his anger towards in that well documented interview regarding some of the young players in the room.

This has more to do with Jake on the whole not just on the ice, this is nothing new. He's always had a high self opinion of himself and is a bit of a smiling clown around the room. The staff and teamates basically want him to take himself a little more seriously, bare down instead of playing around thinking that he's earned it because he's a 6th overall pick.'he needs to shut up and put up, keep his head down and be coachable/likeable and take the game a little more seriously

IMO his attitude is his biggest problem not too mention he doesn't process the game well and I really don't think he wants it bad enough he's more about "hey look at me! I'm a 6th overall draft pick! I'm great! Let's go to Disneyland! Let's have fun!"
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Willie D on 1040am right about now.....9:13 am
"evolution"
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Hockey Widow wrote: And Crow, he's itching to get the head coaching job in Vancouver. He'd love to come back, from what I know anyway.
In all seriousness, does he have an out clause during the season?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Haven't said a lot... but I have never like mcclipboard....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

While a rookie should never air things like that in an interview, I fully endorse absolute honesty, and I'm leaning more and more towards transparency between the locker room and the fans.....after all, it's the fans that ultimately foot the bill for these franchises, without fans they would not exist.

Jake was actually pretty careful with his words, he stated a well known and observable fact when he said that Bo, Baertschi, and himself, have chemistry together. He also said that no matter what he has to play his game and is responsible for that.

Does Jake need to work on his 200 foot game? Absolutely, but in the interview with WD, even the clipboard himself was asked why a guy like Jake is stapled to the bench when they are trailing, and only utilized with players that are not known to contribute offensively.....his answer was political and uninspiring.

If Lindenning decides to exchange one clipboard for another, I would say that Crow would be a very good choice for this group as the team tries to move forward with youth and speed.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mëds wrote:While a rookie should never air things like that in an interview, I fully endorse absolute honesty, and I'm leaning more and more towards transparency between the locker room and the fans.....after all, it's the fans that ultimately foot the bill for these franchises, without fans they would not exist.

Jake was actually pretty careful with his words, he stated a well known and observable fact when he said that Bo, Baertschi, and himself, have chemistry together. He also said that no matter what he has to play his game and is responsible for that.

Does Jake need to work on his 200 foot game? Absolutely, but in the interview with WD, even the clipboard himself was asked why a guy like Jake is stapled to the bench when they are trailing, and only utilized with players that are not known to contribute offensively.....his answer was political and uninspiring.

If Lindenning decides to exchange one clipboard for another, I would say that Crow would be a very good choice for this group as the team tries to move forward with youth and speed.
Good ear!
I did not take Jake's words as an insult to the team or anybody for that matter.
What he said about minutes is right for any league or level.
I even noted his willingness to take blame.
To be honest; After hearing Willie, I know nothing more than before.

Just to see the raw emotion and enthusiasm of MC would be huge for some of our guys; well I think so.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jake the flake. David Booths long lost cousin
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Did anyone notice the writing pad Carlyle was packing the other night?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

"Not the pad! I don't want to see the fucking pad!" - Alan Arkin Little Miss Sunshine
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Willie D loves Derek Dorsett! Hates Jake Virtanen!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote:Willie D loves Derek Dorsett! Hates Jake Virtanen!
Why do you say that?

Just wondering...
"evolution"