Time for a prediction thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

How will the season end for the Canucks

A parade down Robson
8%
A playoff series win
13%
A playoff appearance
29%
We have an early golf season (just miss playoffs)
17%
We're not in the hunt for a wild card
13%
A bottom 5 finish
15%
Bottom of the standings
6%

Total votes: 48

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Time for a prediction thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It's a draft that's very deep in centres in the top 15 of the first round. We may not get Patrick but there are some decent consolation prizes

Vilardi
Comtois
Phoeling
Mittlestat
Rasmussen

Are all good centre prospects. Rassmussen has shot out of the gates this year, he's on fire. Kind this Phoeling kid as well, Vilardi and Comtois look to to be top 5 at the moment, not sure we will be bad enough to get top 5, but would be pretty stoked to get one of Rassmussen, Phoeling or Mittlestat. We need to come out of this draft with a centre. There a few other centres expected to go top 20 - Pettersen and Hischier to name a couple
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Here's whats going to happen.

Rough beginning for the canucks playing .500 hockey, but things start to click in a couple weeks when players create chemistry.

Horvat steps up his game thanks to Willie Desjardin's tough love and the alll bedwetters will just say nah it was just Horvat being good - WD didn't have anything to do with that, but then Bo speaks out about the 4th line play and how that got him to step up his game, citing WD and Jarvis gave him motivation to become a consistent top tier player.

Larsen does mediocre while Stecher thrives, Stech gets called up sometime in November after most of the grueling schedule is done with.

We got a shitload of back-to-backs this season.
Nine back-to-backs. Nine. That includes five in the first five weeks.

The schedule-makers are not showing Vancouver any mercy while playing two games in two nights, either. Here are a few of their back-to-back matchups:

October 22-23: Los Angeles Kings / Anaheim Ducks
October 28-29: Edmonton Oilers / Washington Capitals
November 25-26: Dallas Stars / Colorado Avalanche
December 10-11: Florida Panthers / Capitals (again)

As if playing two games in 48 hours was not difficult enough, the Canucks will play some of their toughest opponents in the second game of back-to-backs. Twice, they will face the Capitals after playing the night before. If not last season’s President’s Trophy winners, it might well be the Ducks, the Oilers, or the Flames.

The Canucks will have to play premier competition or divisional rivals with no rest on multiple occasions to start this season. These first three months will clearly show what this team is made of.
Team is going to be in a dog fight this fall/winter for 3 months, Sedins/Miller have to well timed in their ice-time, while giving Sutter, Horvat and Granlund more ice-time in the 2nd back to back games.

Chemisty/health/development of the young guys, Jarvis helping Willie in all aspects of coaching hopefully the team can show-up all the haters across the nation.

To reiterate I think the team will be in rough in the beginning, giving ammo to all the JB/WD haters for a minute, but the team will turn it around to make for an exciting season, seems everyone on the team is jumping on board with a laser like focus to get that magical 95-96 points for the season.

or all could go to hell and willie is replaced by green lol, but idk Jarvis seems to be the most underrated low-key best move of the offseason for oldman Willie and the Canucks, as Jarvis should be able to get Horvat, Sutter and Granlund going. :mex: ps: forgot about malhotra as well with his tricks of the game to teach the centers.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Gonna be good. Lowest expectations ever. Can't remember such a low opinion of the team to start a season, and considering how pathetic the team has been in its history, that is saying something. This team is much better than the pundits are aware. I totally think this team shocks the NHL. Of course, no one will admit how dumb they were, and attribute the Canucks success to luck, but we will know. I fully expect this team to feed off the us against the world notion and have an outstanding season. My biggest question for the team is should the parade route start at the Terry Fox statues or end there?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Fifty Fifty
CC Rookie

Post by Fifty Fifty »

Cherry Picker wrote:Gonna be good. Lowest expectations ever. Can't remember such a low opinion of the team to start a season, and considering how pathetic the team has been in its history, that is saying something. This team is much better than the pundits are aware. I totally think this team shocks the NHL. Of course, no one will admit how dumb they were, and attribute the Canucks success to luck, but we will know. I fully expect this team to feed off the us against the world notion and have an outstanding season. My biggest question for the team is should the parade route start at the Terry Fox statues or end there?
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (15.91 KiB) Viewed 4334 times
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Here's a thought... if say the Canucks get 92 points and miss the playoffs by a tiebreaker os something, Ron even perhaps squeak into the playoffs.. doesn't that mean that with a '65 point team' WD wins coach of the year??!?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Madcombinepilot wrote:Here's a thought... if say the Canucks get 92 points and miss the playoffs by a tiebreaker os something, Ron even perhaps squeak into the playoffs.. doesn't that mean that with a '65 point team' WD wins coach of the year??!?
I think the Adams is going to Matthews, somehow he'll find a way to with the Norris and Vezina too.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

RoyalDude wrote:It's a draft that's very deep in centres in the top 15 of the first round. We may not get Patrick but there are some decent consolation prizes

Vilardi
Comtois
Phoeling
Mittlestat
Rasmussen

Are all good centre prospects. Rassmussen has shot out of the gates this year, he's on fire. Kind this Phoeling kid as well, Vilardi and Comtois look to to be top 5 at the moment, not sure we will be bad enough to get top 5, but would be pretty stoked to get one of Rassmussen, Phoeling or Mittlestat. We need to come out of this draft with a centre. There a few other centres expected to go top 20 - Pettersen and Hischier to name a couple
This team can very well be bad enough lets hope that walking clipboard sticks around long enough to steer the titanic straight into the iceberg
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

2 pts, 93 more to go!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.