Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
CC Legend

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO »

Reefer2 wrote:With Stamkos out in Tampa maybe they need someone like Loui?

Come on Skyo dream up a trade.

https://www.nhl.com/news/lightning-capt ... -283818040
To continue on what SL said, they'd want a temporary one year contract due to cap constraints if they are gunning for a cup while the embarrassment of riches are still there, cause when the offseason hits and they gotta re-sign a boatload of players they are going to lose someone good.

Last year Johnson and Filppula filled in admirably, then they got Namestnikov and now B Point, they'll be fine.

Benning seems dead set on not trading any picks or our top prospects (thank god), seems he's just now patiently waiting for a opportunity to come around.

Just thinking if Tryamkin keeps playing better, maybe one of our dmen could get dealt.... in time of course, NT is just starting to show his promise. (could be a steal of a 3rd rounder by JB).
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

It would be a very hard decision to make and there is a lot to think about but the most valuable piece we have right now is Tanev.
IMO, he has now been very noticed around the league and a very good fit for a few teams who feel their window for cup contender is from now to three years.
Chris will be 27 by Christmas and his value is peaking.
It's not something I really ever wanted to see but if done correctly, could speed things up.
This would really have to be a no bullshit trade though or you don't do it.
No E. Kanes or any crap like that.
No giving up picks.
A bona fide 20 goal forward, under 25 with the talent level to be even better. No injury issues. No other issues.
No big rush, but before year's end, I would think.
Again though, no shaky trigger fingers, has to be bang on the mark..
"evolution"
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

micky107 wrote:It would be a very hard decision to make and there is a lot to think about but the most valuable piece we have right now is Tanev.
IMO, he has now been very noticed around the league and a very good fit for a few teams who feel their window for cup contender is from now to three years.
Chris will be 27 by Christmas and his value is peaking.
It's not something I really ever wanted to see but if done correctly, could speed things up.
This would really have to be a no bullshit trade though or you don't do it.
No E. Kanes or any crap like that.
No giving up picks.
A bona fide 20 goal forward, under 25 with the talent level to be even better. No injury issues. No other issues.
No big rush, but before year's end, I would think.
Again though, no shaky trigger fingers, has to be bang on the mark..
Yes. I have also been advocating dealing Tanev. He's the best D man we have, excellent contract and is still only 26. He should fetch a few very good prospects and that's exactly what this organization needs. Also, his NTC kicks in during summer. So, I am praying Benning gets a haul for him at some point this season. They sure screwed up last year's deadline and dealing vets in general (Vrbata off his 1st year, Hamhuis). Not dealing the vets wasn't a huge failure but when you're a bottom feeder, every little bit counts.

Hansen is another guy that should be shopped around. If you get a big haul for him then deal. If not then keep him. He's quite valuable and seems to have a lot left in the tank at 30.

I have no idea what Benning is looking at. I am praying it's not E. Kane unless the cost is minimal. That guy isn't worth much IMO.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Iceman2014 wrote:
I have no idea
Pretty much bang on right here. Then you added a bunch of fluff but this was the most accurate thing in any of your posts.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Is the Larsen experiment over?

Stecher is looking good, and he has top-4 written all over him. I don't see top pairing there, but a solid top-4, especially once he learns to balance the risk/reward plays. He's 5'10" 190lbs, Tanev is 6'2" 195lbs.....Tanev is on our top pairing, but on many teams he's the 3/4 guy who eats a ton of defensive minutes, so Tanev might be a trade candidate at the deadline or draft.

As much as I want to see Benndingover make a move, I would prefer to see it be something that works for the state of the team. Clearly this beast just doesn't wanna go out easy, so let it bleed out a little and eventually it will be safe to approach. Making a move now to bring in a young top-6 scorer does nothing more than get us closer to a 20th overall finish. Make moves once we're out of it, and chances are those aren't available until the draft.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

To Van:
E.Kane
2nd 2017

To Buff:
Virtanen
Sbisa
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

Aaronp18 wrote:To Van:
E.Kane
2nd 2017

To Buff:
Virtanen
Sbisa

God, I hope Benning never does anything like that. Sbisa alone would be as far as I would want to give up for that guy and his baggage. :shock:
Puck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Puck »

Benning did suggest on TSN1040 this morning that the Canucks' only area of strength that they could tap into for trades was the D. It's possible he's looking into something, but Buffalo aren't hemmoraghing goals against, so I wouldn't conclude it's Kane.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Puck wrote:Benning did suggest on TSN1040 this morning that the Canucks' only area of strength that they could tap into for trades was the D. It's possible he's looking into something, but Buffalo aren't hemmoraghing goals against, so I wouldn't conclude it's Kane.
I saw that, but then I remembered HW's intel that they had offers on the table for Sbisa apparently over the summer and thought they were undervalue...
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

As much as I like Jake, or liked Jake, he's developing his own baggage. There is very clearly a reason the Canucks are treating him they way they are!

They aren't happy with him. He hasn't earned anything but wants ice time and opportunity!

I'm not hearing the things I'd like to from him. Taking responsibility for they way he's been playing. Earning his spot. It was gifted to him last year because the Canucks didn't want him back in Calgary and he hasn't taken advantage of the opportunity.

Am I writing him off, no. Maybe he learns after being sent down, but I'm not hearing many positive things, nor am I seeing any.

Maybe we can squeeze a 1st outta Buffalo cause it's a weak draft. :mrgreen:
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

After feeling good about the re-stock the cupboards plan with 4 first-rounders in 2 years, if Jake is traded that would leave only Horvat.

So four first rounders turned into Horvat, Granlund, Gudbranson, and whatever you'd get selling Jake at his all-time low value. :bang:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

ESQ wrote: So four first rounders turned into Horvat, Granlund, Gudbranson, and whatever you'd get selling Jake at his all-time low value. :bang:
Well, then hopefully Jake smartens up and takes the AHL assignment to heart and start working his ass off.

And if he doesn't, this won't be his all time low.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

E.Kane
2nd 2017

To Buff:
Virtanen
Sbisa
Then the Canucks flip the 2nd and Burrows for a 4th, Benning claims the Canucks are getting younger because it allows them to keep Skille in the lineup. Also expresses confidence (off the record) that he can recover picks by dangling Zalewski, Larsen and Megna at the draft.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

E.Kane
2nd 2017

To Buff:
Virtanen
Sbisa
:lol:
No way does benning do it unless we are the ones sending the second
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

I'm praying it won't be a key dman going the other way for Kane.

So I was creeping thru the Sabres message boards on hf & they keep harping on acquiring a depth dman that's expansion exempt.
Just looking through rosters for RHD, preferably younger guys, or guys on last year of contract, and guesstimates on cost to acquire...We need the depth on the back end.
---
What about a trade for a 20-year old d man we don't have to protect like Julius Honka from Stars. We could utilize him for depth, then he's in our pipeline and can't be lost at expansion time?
[that got shot down real fast] but key point is a 20 year old dman for their depth pipeline.]
---
It's really amazing how we have next to nothing in ROC on the blueline. We need to go all Flyers or Hurricanes and stock up on defence in the draft.
To me this points to someone like Jordan Subban, he can play immediately for ROC and be called up in a pinch, and they've probably scouted Subban's progress this season.

He's a right shot and has 11 points in 12 games for the Comets, seems like a solid depth piece for their roster and farm team.

And to help ease their loss of Kane on LW we'll probably need to add Baertschi :( , with them taking on a cap dump or them having 50% retention on Kane.

....*scrap that****
@TSNBobMcKenzie

Quick update, FWIW, my understanding is whatever dialogue VAN/BUF had on Evander Kane, and there was talk, it's no longer being pursued.
The talk ended on them wanting Baertschi, JB's plan is having Bart on the 3rd line, with the new top 6 LW ahead of him. 8-)
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."