Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Postby Strangelove » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Rocky Dennis wrote:
I wouldn't think Jim was trapped in a corner but as usual we will never know what actually goes on behind the scenes.


Strange love trapped him in a corner and put his head between Elmers legs


Bubbly Blob in a ditch happily taking it up the ass from MS & Co. 8-)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Postby micky107 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:17 am

Hey, I've been trying to see value in Sutter but no matter how I try to convince myself that I'm going to see it,
I can't. Maybe this game, maybe this month, maybe this year. Nope, can't.
In every aspect of team value, I see more neg than pos. :(
User avatar
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:06 am

micky107 wrote:Hey, I've been trying to see value in Sutter but no matter how I try to convince myself that I'm going to see it,
I can't. Maybe this game, maybe this month, maybe this year. Nope, can't.
In every aspect of team value, I see more neg than pos. :(


Will Lockwood

Nick "Fakes Injuries/Ices Pucks" Bonino now playing for the Predators. Sutter and Lockwood are co-currently Canucks assets. Great asset mgmt and drafting by the Genius
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 9284
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:21 am

micky107 wrote:Hey, I've been trying to see value in Sutter but no matter how I try to convince myself that I'm going to see it,
I can't. Maybe this game, maybe this month, maybe this year. Nope, can't.
In every aspect of team value, I see more neg than pos. :(


Sutter gets 18-20 min a game pp time, prime time ice and still produces like a 3rd liner while being paid like a good second liner. He's butter soft,he gets manhandled in one one battles, doesn't fit , is afraid to fight, he can't protect or pass the puck to save his life. He makes his linemates worse ...... not better.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:47 am

Sutter 28 - 4 years left on a $4.35 million per contract. Season 2019-20 when he is 30, his modified trade clause (15 teams named) will kick in. A 30 year old Sutter with only 2 years left on a MTC contract is perfect trade deadline material in season 2019-20

Bonino 29 Just signed a 4 year $4.1 million per year contract with the Predators (not the Penguins)

Will Lockwood
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 9284
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Postby Iceman2014 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Strangelove wrote:Most that can be retained on a contract is 50% right Rocky?

Here's a trade fantasy.

Henrik + Daniel (50% retained) + Edler... for... McCarron + Juulsen + Plekanec (cap dump).

McCarron is a giant asshole who might develop into a power forward.

Juulsen is a BC boy, a RHD who has a Top 4 ceiling (to Utica for a coupla years?).

These are two top prospects...

Montreal has the cap-space to pull this off.

Montreal is trying to win while their window is open.

Montreal is looking for more scoring and a Top 4 LHD.

If Jimmy could pull off a trade like this I'd be happy.

But could the 3 kamrats be talked into waiving for the sake of the team?

(hey, they might win a Cup!)


Hard pass on this one. I wouldn't mind any of those guys from Mtl. but I don't think they're worth much. McCarron has skating issues. Juulsen might be something but his head injuries are already a concern and Plekanec is older.

I'd prefer young assets/picks from some other organization. Montreal doesn't have a very enticing prospect pool but a lot of other Cup contenders have some decent stuff.

I wonder if Hank and Danny agree to go at the deadline in order to bring back some added talent for the organization. I can totally seeing them do that much in the same way Alex Burrows did. Then Benning could get them back on July 1. You lose a few months of the Sedins for some solid talent and/or picks. Why not?!
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Postby ESQ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:11 am

Maybe you guys will see Sutter in a different light now that we have a coach who might actually match lines.

He was billed as (and paid as) a very good 3rd-line center who can shut down top lines, kill penalties, and chip in 20 goals.

Since day one in Vancouver, he's spent an awful lot of time as a 1st-line winger. He was the best PKer (which on last year's team was like being the smartest kid on the short bus).

I'd have no problem with Sutter, at his price, playing 16-17 min/game, continuing to take the bulk of the defensive zone faceoffs, and continuing to lead the PK. I want to see what he can do when he stays in his lane, rather than being asked to be a a PP scorer and offensive leader.
ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Postby SKYO » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:51 am

Yeah IF Green can utilize Sutter as a shutdown guy instead of Willie trying to use him as a scoring forward, I'd be happier with that, so Horvat, Hank, Gagner can just concentrate on scoring while Sutter gets the hard minutes to shutdown lines.

Green has to re-focus Sutter to be that shutdown center.

Helps that we have Gagner now to alleviate Sutter to try to score, as scoring was the Canucks #1 weakness the past couple years.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7606
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Postby SKYO » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:33 pm

By January or February if the Leafs are in contender mode, I think we could see Chris Tanev being dealt there for Timothy Liljegren + a 2018 2nd round pick and either a second round pick in 2019 or 2020. Along with Tanev, the Canucks will send a fourth round selection in 2019 or 2020.

Basically identical to the Hamonic -> Flames swap.

A Reilly - Tanev pairing would murk all in their path and help them go deep in the playoffs.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7606
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:53 pm

SKYO wrote:Yeah IF Green can utilize Sutter as a shutdown guy instead of Willie trying to use him as a scoring forward, I'd be happier with that, so Horvat, Hank, Gagner can just concentrate on scoring while Sutter gets the hard minutes to shutdown lines.

Green has to re-focus Sutter to be that shutdown center.

Helps that we have Gagner now to alleviate Sutter to try to score, as scoring was the Canucks #1 weakness the past couple years.

Sutter should be getting 11-12 even strength minutes and prime pk minutes. He should be skating on 3rd or 4th line getting a maximum of 14- 15 min total a night and hardly any pp time.It was asinine how much ice time and pp time he got under Desjardins. He will still be grossly overpaid but at least he won't be grossly overplayed too.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Postby ESQ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sutter should be getting 11-12 even strength minutes and prime pk minutes. He should be skating on 3rd or 4th line getting a maximum of 14- 15 min total a night and hardly any pp time.It was asinine how much ice time and pp time he got under Desjardins. He will still be grossly overpaid but at least he won't be grossly overplayed too.

I won't disagree with any of that.

I think the center depth has been shored up with Gagner and to a lesser extent Burmistrov, which will hopefully translate to less icetime for Henrik and for Sutter.
ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Postby Madcombinepilot » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:35 pm

ESQ wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sutter should be getting 11-12 even strength minutes and prime pk minutes. He should be skating on 3rd or 4th line getting a maximum of 14- 15 min total a night and hardly any pp time.It was asinine how much ice time and pp time he got under Desjardins. He will still be grossly overpaid but at least he won't be grossly overplayed too.

I won't disagree with any of that.

I think the center depth has been shored up with Gagner and to a lesser extent Burmistrov, which will hopefully translate to less icetime for Henrik and for Sutter.



Not defending willie, just making an observation, but I think in the last couple years, Willie was forced to play Sutter more as injuries decimated the lineup.. It only takes a couple more shifts a game for the minutes to creep up.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with untill you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 2330
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Postby Mondi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:39 pm

I hate to brake it to you, but the Canucks will not trade the Sedins.
User avatar
Mondi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1320
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Postby Tciso » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:42 am

SKYO wrote:By January or February if the Leafs are in contender mode, I think we could see Chris Tanev being dealt there for Timothy Liljegren + a 2018 2nd round pick and either a second round pick in 2019 or 2020. Along with Tanev, the Canucks will send a fourth round selection in 2019 or 2020.

Basically identical to the Hamonic -> Flames swap.

A Reilly - Tanev pairing would murk all in their path and help them go deep in the playoffs.


I say NO, as the hockey gods would punish us for helping the Leafs. It's in the Canucks Fan's handbook
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1512
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests