Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Locked
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7914
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Island Nucklehead » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:24 pm

ESQ wrote: I must have missed this but Lebrun reported/confirmed that Dallas and Van have been discussing #3.

If Benning can pull off 2 top-5 picks, I will be amazed.
I imagine it's more likely he'd add to the 5th to move up, which IMO would be silly, given the difference is probably a coin toss in this draft.

But if Tanev+33 would get it done, bring it on.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9106
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:58 am

I hate the narrative of moving from #5 to #3 is absolutely trash because everyone after #1 and #2 is meh.

I'm glad imo that Vilardi is slipping through the big main two cracks of Hischier/Patrick as Vilardi can be just as good as Patrick if injuries step in the way....the memorial cup at 17yrd old should cement that Vilardi has a bright future.

Mittelstadt & Petterrsson would be ok for long term projects.

BUT if you people want some success in 2019/20 Vilardi would go a long way to accomplish that, more than Mittel, Glass, Nicas and Pettersson.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4113
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by micky107 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:00 am

This might be just a pipe dream, but, I was reading some random stuff from Dallas fans, (not just lately, but within the last few years), and some of them actually have fond memories of Eriksson, so, how about this.

Tanev, our 55th and Eriksson. (we pick-up 1.5 million of his salary)
For.
Dallas 3rd OA pick and Niemi.
Miller is obviously not going to be here.

I know. Never happen, but that would make me happy !
"evolution"

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11355
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:09 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:
ESQ wrote: I must have missed this but Lebrun reported/confirmed that Dallas and Van have been discussing #3.

If Benning can pull off 2 top-5 picks, I will be amazed.
I imagine it's more likely he'd add to the 5th to move up, which IMO would be silly, given the difference is probably a coin toss in this draft.

But if Tanev+33 would get it done, bring it on.
I'd do that - Tanev and the 33rd. I was won over by Vilardi at the Memorial Cup. He plays like Ron Francis. The kid is made for the NHL. But I doubt Dallas bites and trades the pick, Vilardi seems like the perfect replacement for old man Spezza.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4646
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:34 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
ESQ wrote: I must have missed this but Lebrun reported/confirmed that Dallas and Van have been discussing #3.

If Benning can pull off 2 top-5 picks, I will be amazed.
I imagine it's more likely he'd add to the 5th to move up, which IMO would be silly, given the difference is probably a coin toss in this draft.

But if Tanev+33 would get it done, bring it on.
I'd do that - Tanev and the 33rd. I was won over by Vilardi at the Memorial Cup. He plays like Ron Francis. The kid is made for the NHL. But I doubt Dallas bites and trades the pick, Vilardi seems like the perfect replacement for old man Spezza.
Agree on Vilardi. The best scenario for the franchise is doing what it takes is to score that 3rd without having to use the 5th to get it
nobody forks...with the jesus

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1662
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by ESQ » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:44 pm

TSN's list of the top trade-bait players heading into the expansion draft.

Neither Tanev or Edler made the list, but what's more interesting is the dmen that are potentially available in a trade:

Vatanen
Brodin
Dumba
Hamonic
Barrie
Sustr
Dillon
Beaulieu

I'd say half those players are comparables to Tanev (Vatanen, Brodin, Dumba, Hamonic, Barrie), the others are cheaper but not as highly-regarded. All of them are younger than Tanev.

Groovypippin
CC Veteran
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Groovypippin » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:59 pm

ESQ wrote:TSN's list of the top trade-bait players heading into the expansion draft.

Neither Tanev or Edler made the list, but what's more interesting is the dmen that are potentially available in a trade:

Vatanen
Brodin
Dumba
Hamonic
Barrie
Sustr
Dillon
Beaulieu

I'd say half those players are comparables to Tanev (Vatanen, Brodin, Dumba, Hamonic, Barrie), the others are cheaper but not as highly-regarded. All of them are younger than Tanev.
Expansion is going to put some good D-men in play and water down the market significantly. With all these names flying around I don't think we'll get good value for Tanev trading him this summer (although hell yeah take a deal if you do!). I see both he and Edler playing this season and being asked to waive at the next trade deadline.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9106
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:55 am

Uncle dans leg wrote: Agree on Vilardi. The best scenario for the franchise is doing what it takes is to score that 3rd without having to use the 5th to get it
Yup do whatever it takes to take #3, only untouchables is Bo, Boeser, Demko, Juolevi everything else on the table, there more than enough to get this deal done, it's going to take some big cajones to getr done.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4113
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by micky107 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:21 am

More "stuff" coming out of the Buffalo camp about how they want to move E. Kane this summer.

Oh No...Here we go again. :bang:
"evolution"

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9106
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:15 pm

micky107 wrote:More "stuff" coming out of the Buffalo camp about how they want to move E. Kane this summer.

Oh No...Here we go again. :bang:
Guessing the big teams like the Ducks or Kings will payup for Kaner, he's got a big contract more than he's worth imo and there's only one year left.

Lots of teams want to dump a contract for a pick.

Canucks should have room to acquire one player like that, Brown or maybe Seabrook.

Brown and the 11th overall pick for a cheap forward?
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Mondi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Mondi » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:08 pm

I didn't realize Seabrook is signed through 23-24, and an NMC until 21-22. But for that, he'd be a decent Willie Mitchell-type signing. At this point...Seabrook just has too many years left on his deal.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9106
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:30 pm

Yeah Seabrook's contract is way too long, I'd be ok with Brown though if we got the Kings 1st this draft.

Speaking of the Kings lots of rumours on the interwebs for a Muzzin for E. Kane swap.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by TDA Rum » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:33 pm

Now however according to Russian/Latvian website Delfi the Capitals have received a very serious offer from a rival National Hockey League team, and now suddenly it seems very real.

According to the Delfi report, the Calgary Flames have offered the Capitals 20-year-old defenseman Oliver Kylington, 20-year-old center Sam Bennett, and not one, but two first round draft choices for Ovechkin.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17012
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Strangelove » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:44 pm

^ That's wild!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4113
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by micky107 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:49 pm

TDA Rum wrote:Now however according to Russian/Latvian website Delfi the Capitals have received a very serious offer from a rival National Hockey League team, and now suddenly it seems very real.

According to the Delfi report, the Calgary Flames have offered the Capitals 20-year-old defenseman Oliver Kylington, 20-year-old center Sam Bennett, and not one, but two first round draft choices for Ovechkin.
Yup. Saw that this morning. Personally, I think the Flames are nuts but go for it, boys, and find out the hard way
how that big old body is going to hold up year after year at 9.5 mil. per. :lol:
"evolution"

Locked