Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: This isn't the "I am an Island onto myself situation" like we so with the megalomaniac - Mike Gillis
Contracting Guru Laurence Gilman says hi.
The mastermind behind Higgins NTC contract, Edlers NTC contract, Garrison's NTC contract blah, blah, blah. Yeah, what a guru he was.
Higgins was a great tade/contract. Edler's deal isn't bad. And you were all-in on Garrison.
RoyalDude wrote:I'd be making a push for Garrison and Schultz if I was Gillis, say bye to Salo and Rome.
RoyalDude wrote: I'd love to sign the two BC kids Garrisson and Schultz. Saying bye to Salo and Rome. Love Sami, but he is getting long in the tooth. I know Garrison is a possible dangerous overpay, in which he will get, last season could have been a one-off but he's a big kid with a big shot, young and local that I am willing to take a chance on.
RoyalDude wrote:I like the Garrison acquisition but that one was as about as hard as signing fellow B.C.'er Dan Hamhius.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Dude taking a beating like the pauser

Again :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: This isn't the "I am an Island onto myself situation" like we so with the megalomaniac - Mike Gillis
Contracting Guru Laurence Gilman says hi.
The mastermind behind Higgins NTC contract, Edlers NTC contract, Garrison's NTC contract blah, blah, blah. Yeah, what a guru he was.
Higgins was a great tade/contract. Edler's deal isn't bad. And you were all-in on Garrison.
RoyalDude wrote:I'd be making a push for Garrison and Schultz if I was Gillis, say bye to Salo and Rome.
RoyalDude wrote: I'd love to sign the two BC kids Garrisson and Schultz. Saying bye to Salo and Rome. Love Sami, but he is getting long in the tooth. I know Garrison is a possible dangerous overpay, in which he will get, last season could have been a one-off but he's a big kid with a big shot, young and local that I am willing to take a chance on.
RoyalDude wrote:I like the Garrison acquisition but that one was as about as hard as signing fellow B.C.'er Dan Hamhius.
Yeah so
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So it's about as relevant as my ALLEGED love for Keith Ballard and Tom Sestito??
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:So it's about as relevant as my ALLEGED love for Keith Ballard and Tom Sestito??
But you did love Ballard, right up until the buyout. You always blamed Giggles for wrecking his and Kassians careers. It didn't take me long to hate Garrison. You still won't admit that Garrison is overrated and handed s ridiculous contract by Gillis and the Contract Guru
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Gibson out in Duckyland. Not sure how long. Enroth recalled.

If Gibson is down for a while does Miller suddenly have some real value for Anaheim? Do they have confidence in Bernier?

If it's a major timeline for Gibson then Benning has just been handed a gift. He better not stare at it like a retard.

Lots of hypotheticals here though.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mëds wrote:Gibson out in Duckyland. Not sure how long. Enroth recalled.

If Gibson is down for a while does Miller suddenly have some real value for Anaheim? Do they have confidence in Bernier?

If it's a major timeline for Gibson then Benning has just been handed a gift. He better not stare at it like a retard.

Lots of hypotheticals here though.
It certainly is an opening. If we could get a second, take Bernier back I'd go for it. Ducks have little cap and need/want scoring depth though.
The only HW the Canucks need
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Obviously lots of talk around Canuckville about trading Hansen as he has value as a player for next year, great cap hit, will fetch a lot at the deadline, will potentially get taken in expansion draft etc. BUT is Hansen a guy the Canucks want to keep through 2020+ and sign him to a ~$4m longer term deal at end of next season? If the Canucks are looking at 2020 and beyond, they will need a guy like Hansen to play with the younger players and be that veteran presence in the room. I can see him keeping his speed til he's 35/36. And you would like to think he will be good for 15+ goals a season in the next few seasons assuming he keeps healthy.

So should the Canucks look at moving Granlund or Baertschi at deadline instead? Do Granlund and/or Baertschi have decent value at the deadline (ie can we get more than just a 2nd - what we gave up for them)? That way we solve our expansion draft issues by moving one of the younger guys. Question is - are either Bear or Granlund close to their ceiling or are we looking at two players that will be putting up consistent 25+ goals a year for the next 5 yrs?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Tanti09 wrote:Obviously lots of talk around Canuckville about trading Hansen as he has value as a player for next year, great cap hit, will fetch a lot at the deadline, will potentially get taken in expansion draft etc. BUT is Hansen a guy the Canucks want to keep through 2020+ and sign him to a ~$4m longer term deal at end of next season? If the Canucks are looking at 2020 and beyond, they will need a guy like Hansen to play with the younger players and be that veteran presence in the room. I can see him keeping his speed til he's 35/36. And you would like to think he will be good for 15+ goals a season in the next few seasons assuming he keeps healthy.

So should the Canucks look at moving Granlund or Baertschi at deadline instead? Do Granlund and/or Baertschi have decent value at the deadline (ie can we get more than just a 2nd - what we gave up for them)? That way we solve our expansion draft issues by moving one of the younger guys. Question is - are either Bear or Granlund close to their ceiling or are we looking at two players that will be putting up consistent 25+ goals a year for the next 5 yrs?
Hansen being good is why hes going to bring back something substantial. Its whats needed to do the rebuild right. He could possibly bring in a low 1st if someone has a hard enough boner for him.
If you need air...call it in
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Hansen being good is why hes going to bring back something substantial. Its whats needed to do the rebuild right. He could possibly bring in a low 1st if someone has a hard enough boner for him.
While I don't know that he'd fetch a first, the something we get back is probably worth not having him for next year.

If we really want him back as a mentor we can sign him as a UFA.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: Hansen being good is why hes going to bring back something substantial. Its whats needed to do the rebuild right. He could possibly bring in a low 1st if someone has a hard enough boner for him.
While I don't know that he'd fetch a first, the something we get back is probably worth not having him for next year.

If we really want him back as a mentor we can sign him as a UFA.
He's still under contract for one more year so no to the UFA idea.

The point being made I believe is if Hansen still has value would trading Granlund of Baertschi bring at least as good as a return, thus keeping Hansen around as a mentor. It would also allow us the potential to trade him next year when he is under an expiring contract.

Of course Hansen has a say in all this. And Granlund and Baertschi pose the same problem for an acquiring team, they need to be protected.

A lot of good ideas and scenarios out there. I guess the main point is the fans don't want to lose an otherwise tradeable asset for nothing in the expansion draft.

Somehow I think this may be Benning's last best hope to get something for vets though. If we can land a few 2nds it's the way to go.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I'd put Hansens value a fair way above a bartshi or granlund personally. I think hes in his prime and would contribute the most to a team loading up for a deep run. The other 2 would be more appealing to teams looking 2 to 3 years down the road
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

This year more than any other year I think will be a very quiet TDD, 5 days left and we can count on 1 hand how many trades have happened.

With parity and the expansion draft most GM are doing nothing.

Poor Toronto Sports Net and SNET, another day of nothing to show.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:This year more than any other year I think will be a very quiet TDD, 5 days left and we can count on 1 hand how many trades have happened.

With parity and the expansion draft most GM are doing nothing.

Poor Toronto Sports Net and SNET, another day of nothing to show.
Finally someone here is seeing the light. Teams will deal with their expansion draft issues before the expansion draft. Too much parity in the league, too many teams in a fight still for the playoffs. Very little sellers. It's a contract term sensitive trade deadline because of the expansion draft. Price is too high on rentals and picks and prospects are too valuable to teams now.

Maybe we trade Burrows, that's about it. Hansen will stay here as all as Miller. The trade deadline is overrated. Trades leading to the draft and on on draft day is more action packed.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Montreal seems a tad vulnerable right now.
Maybe seeking a "quick fix".
"evolution"