Ok Lurkers... step into the light...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
CC Legend

Re: Ok Lurkers... step into the light...

Post by Per » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:39 pm

UWSaint wrote:I lurk from time to time. Once or twice a week in the summer; most days during the season. After all, there is always a chance that Hockey Widow will post (and therefore post something interesting), Topper will provide grilling advice, a one liner, or actually damn good hockey analysis that no one pays much attention too, or that Strangelove will disclose the secrets of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and you all will think it is merely misdirection. If you think it is, you haven't been paying attention.

And Per! My favorite European!

UWS
Thanks, U-Dub! :blush:

Please start posting more!
You're sorely missed.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Per
CC Legend

Post by Per » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:44 pm

ukcanuck wrote:Hello from Cairo

Cunts :)
Wait! You're British... and in Cairo?!

You're the night manager! :shock:

Per
CC Legend

Post by Per » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:48 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's hard to soar like an eagle when you have a bunch of vultures and penguins yarding on your wings
Effing Pittsburgh! :evil:

Vultures... Are they the new Vegas team? :eh:

:wink:

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:30 pm

Per wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's hard to soar like an eagle when you have a bunch of vultures and penguins yarding on your wings
Effing Pittsburgh! :evil:

Vultures... Are they the new Vegas team? :eh:

:wink:
Probably, when they get to it, the new southern Ontario team who will no doubt be picking off the once talented 24 year olds a little north and a little south of them.... :devil:
"evolution"

Toasty_B
AHL Prospect

Post by Toasty_B » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:19 am

UWSaint wrote:I lurk from time to time. Once or twice a week in the summer; most days during the season. After all, there is always a chance that Hockey Widow will post (and therefore post something interesting), Topper will provide grilling advice, a one liner, or actually damn good hockey analysis that no one pays much attention too, or that Strangelove will disclose the secrets of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and you all will think it is merely misdirection. If you think it is, you haven't been paying attention.

And Per! My favorite European!

UWS
Nice to hear from you. You were one of my favorite posters from the Canucks Central era, a poster with a unique outlook on things. I was wondering if I would ever see you post on this forum.

Hank
CC Legend

Post by Hank » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:24 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I'm curious to hear from some more posters who agree with Blob.
Where's IN? Is he lurking?
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

Raile
AHL Prospect

Post by Raile » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:52 am

alright Corn..
I'm from Van originally but been living in London,UK for more than a decade. With games starting at 3am and until the past couple of years with NHL.TV, it's not easy to watch them (they aren't on tv here), it's been a struggle to keep up with the team.. when your left with shit media, I prefer to go on forums and hear from people who (usually) have no agenda..

that said, I'm not really up for the pissing matches of who does the most blow.. so havn't really contributed. I'm here almost every day, but only reading the good shit.

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:49 am

HockeyGeek wrote:
Cornuck wrote:All valid points - if nothing else, chime in on the GDTs if you get any live hockey out there.
How about I give updates on my NHL 15 CHL player? There's no way anyone has talked about that subject yet!
We should compare notes.....although mine is NHL 14 and still languishing in the AHL.

It's not cuz I don't play.....I'm all over that shit like RD and Doc tag-teaming a hooker with Jim Benning's face for a tramp stamp (Oh it's true.....Blob has the footage, he's a killer cameraman). But anyways, I ended up scratched a bunch in my first year, something about comments, righted the ship and tore shit up. Drafted top-10, but then ended up being legit in my interviews and wound up in the AHL pretty quick out of training camp. That was 3 seasons ago. Now I play on the 4th line like 1 in every 4 games, I hit everything that moves, coach hates me though, teammates think I'm a dick.....I'll probably never make the bigs.....

But hey, I got the Kane award!

dangler
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dangler » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:29 am

Good story bro :roll:
Retool Rebuild

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:41 am

Hank wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I'm curious to hear from some more posters who agree with Blob.
Where's IN? Is he lurking?
Yes.

daddyohsix
AHL Prospect

Post by daddyohsix » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:49 am

Been lurking for a while.

I like Guinness and Kilkenny.

I don't know any of the current Canucks very well, but the last year have spent a fair amount of time on the ice with a couple of former Canucks who coach our kids.

nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:23 am

Haven't seen Rumsfeld around... not that I'm missing his presence (could never understand why a person chooses a handle like Rumsfeld?)

By the way, I tend to agree with some of Blob's views re: challenging and taking exception to some of GMJB's moves. It appears as though this board can suffer a little bit of a 'group think' where some of the more prominent posters tend to support Benning w\o being objective (i.e. Sbisa's poor play and over-priced contract), then other posters tend to follow along blindly.

I've learned to be more sparing in providing my superior viewpoint on things :lol:
cc oldtimer

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:57 pm

A little group think?

Not only a group think but many lack the ability to have an objective view on things, it is either black or white.

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Reefer2 wrote:A little group think?

Not only a group think but many lack the ability to have an objective view on things, it is either black or white.
Why bring Doc and his herd of finger puppets into this ?
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:51 pm

nuckster wrote:Haven't seen Rumsfeld around... not that I'm missing his presence (could never understand why a person chooses a handle like Rumsfeld?)

True story.

For his first few years he posted as Jovatuzzi at old Central.

Jovatuzzi talked straight hockey, never venturing into the wild Open Forum... until

... until the US Presidential Election of 2004. Image

See, at old Central, at the time, there was a...

R I D I C U L O U S L Y

... heated and rather humourous debate raging in the OF.

Jovatuzzi just couldn't resist wading in... albeit with the sock "Rumsfeld".

And voilà.... a legend was born! :mex:

The fact a mere ster such as yourself is still talking about him is a testament to his magnificence.

If you were a woman The Magnificent Rumsfeld would have had his way with you many years ago

... and you would be burning a candle for him to this day. Image

Unfortunately Rummy is in the witness protection program and as such can no longer post on Canuck boards.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!