Ok Lurkers... step into the light...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Ok Lurkers... step into the light...

Post by sagebrush »

Strangelove wrote:
Tell me about your mother. :mex:
She's not your type ...

In the words of Betamax/TBK/GM ....

U mad bro? :eh:
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

sagebrush wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
She's not your type ...

It's a test designed to provoke an emotional response.

Okay.

You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise.

It's crawling toward you... you reach down and flip the tortoise over on its back.

The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over.

But it can't.

Not with out your help.

But you're not helping.

Why is that, Sage?
____
Try to focus on someday.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Strangelove wrote:
sagebrush wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
She's not your type ...

Okay.

You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise.

It's crawling toward you... you reach down and flip the tortoise over on its back.

The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over.

But it can't.

Not with out your help.

But you're not helping.

Why is that, Sage?
You'll have to tell me how I did on the first test before I consider another one.

Anybody else out there feel like taking a test?
Hmmm... :look:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Shall we continue?

Describe in single words.

Only the good things that come to your mind.

About your mother.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
sagebrush wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
She's not your type ...

Okay.

But it can't.

Not with out your help.

But you're not helping.

Why is that, Sage?
The real question are.....

How did a tortoise get into the desert?

Why did he reach down and flip the tortoise over in the first place?

Is his mother with him in the desert?
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Strangelove wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:Hey Doc, what ever happened to The Thinker?
No one knows for sure but...

I'm guessing his mind was blown by the number of schmucks who couldn't wrap their heads around his schtick!

Either that or he is presently housed in a facility for the criminally insane...
Arty/Thinker. Now there's someone who never wavered from his schtick... ever. :lol:

How about CJB?

Two classics from the Central. Now that was some old time hockey! Virtual bench-clearing brawls in almost every single thread. Ha! Miss that place. You needed to have some pretty thick skin.

Some of the peep sters here wouldn't last one post. They'd be burned alive.

Think About It. More on.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

Uhh hi.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Strangelove wrote:Shall we continue?

Describe in single words.

Only the good things that come to your mind.

About your mother.
You seem hung up on this test thing. OCD takes many forms. Perhaps a compulsion you picked up from watching too many movies.

Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Madcombinepilot wrote:10 years younger... nothing like a little pressure to perform!
Pressure for you or Mitten II ? :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

rockalt wrote:Lol that turned out to be quite a night? Has there been a meet and great since? I left Vancouver the next year. Does anyone else who attended that meet and greet still post here? I remember the likes of Mattola, Mooger and Meerschaum (who paid more than his fair share that night at Brandis) attending but don't think any of them have posted since last decade! Any other long term corner posters still around?
I think there was another one but not as powerful as the first one. Also can't recall the year because i hadn't the chance to take part.
Matty retired from CC, he told me when i met him a few times afterwards, Meers must be on his secret mission in Southeast Asia trading weapons, umbrellas or whatever. Puck is still posting and of course MCP, he's most active because he has to catch up 10 year younger Mittens. Oh and Robert must be lurking. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Toasty_B
AHL Prospect

Post by Toasty_B »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
nuckster wrote:Well DR. that's quite a story re: Rumsfeld. It's evident that you hold him in high regard. It's interesting to see how much people invest into a notion about who they think they are, or who we think others are. Truth is, you as a 'Dr S' handle are no more or less than anyone else in this poster world, as is your revered Rumsfeld.... no greater or lesser than a 'mere' Ster or anyone else.

When the conversation on this board moves away from hockey or the topic at hand, and personality boasting or ego 'pumping' or hard core slagging takes over, I find that I'm inclined to fade away into the background, and or find another topic to read. I'm 54, I have a family and a really busy professional career to contend with; I just couldn't be bothered to stick around. It's amazing how artificial the puter/blog world actually is. I recall a few years ago putting it out there for people to meet as real people at the Penticton young all-stars tournament - not a single taker... not one. Don't know about you, but I found that to be bizarre. My perception of canucks corner and the personalities that exist here, shifted.

So what am I saying? I'm supposing that there's legitimate reasons for why people prefer to be 'lurkers'. It' s great to be able to have fun and embrace some banter and ribbing, but i gave up hard-core pissing contests during my adolescence. I have nothing to prove to anyone here, and the inverse is true. Tell ya what though, I sure do appreciate being able to read the wide range of perspectives concerning all things canucks - am thankful for the posters here for that.
Cheers, Stu
On that note, I will happily come out for another meet n greet :)

Hell, I'll even try and find another 'lost Mitten' on my way through Calgary and see if she gets us thrown out of Brandi's (is that place still open?!??) for jumping at the shiney chrome pole and peeling like a single mom paying the rent...
Ah, yes, meetups. Went to a few on the Island with a few Canucks Central folks. Remember one circa 2005 when we downed hot wings and Guinness at a pub watching the Nucks-Red Wings game. That was a blast.

Don't know if you had many meetups here at Canucks Corner, but I would be open to the idea.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Strangelove wrote:
rockalt wrote: Been on canuckscorner since about 2000. Started posting quite a bit less when it essentially became canuckscentral.... Still some good hockey talk for sure but preferred when there were 2 sites.
Here's another guy who Just. Doesn't. Get. It.

Next time whilst reading here you find yourself asking yourself "Are they serious??!!"

HERE'S A HINT: They're not. :drink:
Lol. Figured that would stike a chord with someone. :lol:

Just not a fan of everyone's shtick, old central debates, etc. I'm sure I'm not alone. Otherwise some good hockey talk on here.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Per wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Hello from Cairo

Cunts :)
Wait! You're British... and in Cairo?!

You're the night manager! :shock:
I'm pretty sure there is no one in charge here ...

There ;)
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
I think Arthur disappeared over at central before the migration didn't he ?

Years ago he came over here for a while when he got censored over there but then he went back over there when some posters had a beef with him here. Funny motherfucker he was though. The rug rider who tried to be him two summers ago was a cheap imitation at best.
He was a regular poster here probably about 15 years ago, back when Royaldude used to be bikerdude. Guess he was on hiatus from central at the time. Quite entertaining for sure - a smug SOB who knew his shit. I remember getting into one spat with him. Certainly not the first nor the last! Shame he stopped posting.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

nuckster wrote:Well DR. that's quite a story re: Rumsfeld. It's evident that you hold him in high regard. It's interesting to see how much people invest into a notion about who they think they are, or who we think others are. Truth is, you as a 'Dr S' handle are no more or less than anyone else in this poster world, as is your revered Rumsfeld.... no greater or lesser than a 'mere' Ster or anyone else.

When the conversation on this board moves away from hockey or the topic at hand, and personality boasting or ego 'pumping' or hard core slagging takes over, I find that I'm inclined to fade away into the background, and or find another topic to read. I'm 54, I have a family and a really busy professional career to contend with; I just couldn't be bothered to stick around. It's amazing how artificial the puter/blog world actually is. I recall a few years ago putting it out there for people to meet as real people at the Penticton young all-stars tournament - not a single taker... not one. Don't know about you, but I found that to be bizarre. My perception of canucks corner and the personalities that exist here, shifted.

So what am I saying? I'm supposing that there's legitimate reasons for why people prefer to be 'lurkers'. It' s great to be able to have fun and embrace some banter and ribbing, but i gave up hard-core pissing contests during my adolescence. I have nothing to prove to anyone here, and the inverse is true. Tell ya what though, I sure do appreciate being able to read the wide range of perspectives concerning all things canucks - am thankful for the posters here for that.
Cheers, Stu

My apologies for getting all serious on your ass, but I felt compelled. By the way, good Dr., I meant to offer you a compliment: You sir are blessed with an amazing ability to find facts and research your arguments - there's little doubt about the validity of the points you make , you've corrected me more than once over the years - well done! Now if you could just work your way past your Benning bias.
This is a long blow Job

I just spent nearly the entire month of August jamming facts and figures in doc's face ...

He ignored every one and call it a mad cut and paste...or at least I think he did ? Can't recall now

I love me my doctor too

but let's not get carried away :)