Ok Lurkers... step into the light...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tanti09
CC Veteran

Re: Ok Lurkers... step into the light...

Post by Tanti09 »

I, too, am more of a lurker than contributor. I was much more active on the other CC before it shut down. But with the preseason hope and optimism I am drawn back in to the Corner boards to peek at a few debates from time to time and occasionally throw in my 2 cents. My hope and optimism may be smashed by the end of October, but we are allowed at least 4-6 weeks of good hockey vibes. A leaves friend of mine (as much a friend can be given he's a leaves fan) is always giddy about his team in early November and I tell him the leaves win the Cup every November, yet we have a similar conversation in early February and his mood is predictably more sour. Being a Canucks fan, I hold a much more even keel as we've been led down the garden path too many times with the result being disappointment, so I've learned to not get too high, or low. After all it's just a game (yeah right - the Canucks winning the Cup would be right up there with the birth of my kids haha).

As for the team, I am more interested in the development of the prospects in the next 2-3 years. I think it's safe to say we are a few good assets away from competing with the top teams so don't anticipate any type of serious run in Lord Stanley's tournament until 2020ish. I am optimistic about the likes of Hutton, Bo, Demko, Boeser, Juolevi and to a lesser degree Jake and a few other B-grade prospects. But I think we need another 2-3 drafts of decent players in order to compete in the early 2020s.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nice to see you again Tanti.

Would be nice to also see some of the former guys who used to post here.
Leves ?
Herb?
Vpete?
Potatoe Punches?
Ohdee?
Rummy ?

I'm missing others of course but wtf fellas ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Lurkers. AWOL legends. Who gives a sh*t.
There's only one MIA poster that should be of concern - that is if you like reading posts of quality insider info and rumours:
missing.jpg
missing.jpg (127.08 KiB) Viewed 9700 times
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Take it to pm stalker
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Some how, this thread seems to have had a reverse effect and I,for one, can't figure out why!

Why would a "true" hockey fan or debater want to be anywhere other than here.

I guess it must be a matter of courage.

Yes, people will argue with your points, but they will agree with many of them too!

Does it get heated from time to time? Sure, but that's called passion and isn't that what this game is all about?

At the same time though there also seems to be a great feeling of togetherness too.

Isn't that what a "worthwhile" forum is all about?

For the life of me, I can't see the entertainment in posting your thoughts on other forums that are so generic and almost at a grade school level with an "ah-ah-ah" for one little swear word.

This is my first forum and it will be my last. Before I finally joined last winter, I did enough reading everywhere to know that, hands down, this was the only place I wanted to be.

This is "The Real Deal" and the only place in town where a person and their thoughts can truly make an impact.

Let's crank it up a notch and help these guys get on track to bring home a DAMN freakin CUP!
"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

micky107 wrote:Some how, this thread seems to have had a reverse effect and I,for one, can't figure out why!

Yes, people will argue with your points, but they will agree with many of them too!

Does it get heated from time to time? Sure, but that's called passion and isn't that what this game is all about?

At the same time though there also seems to be a great feeling of togetherness too.

For the life of me, I can't see the entertainment in posting your thoughts on other forums that are so generic and almost at a grade school level with an "ah-ah-ah" for one little swear word.

This is my first forum and it will be my last. Before I finally joined last winter, I did enough reading everywhere to know that, hands down, this was the only place I wanted to be.

This is "The Real Deal" and the only place in town where a person and their thoughts can truly make an impact.

Let's crank it up a notch and help these guys get on track to bring home a DAMN freakin CUP!
Brown noser
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Raile wrote:alright Corn..
I'm from Van originally but been living in London,UK for more than a decade. With games starting at 3am and until the past couple of years with NHL.TV, it's not easy to watch them (they aren't on tv here), it's been a struggle to keep up with the team.. when your left with shit media, I prefer to go on forums and hear from people who (usually) have no agenda..

that said, I'm not really up for the pissing matches of who does the most blow.. so havn't really contributed. I'm here almost every day, but only reading the good shit.
You realize the irony of a guy named rail bitching about who does the most blow. ?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BladesofSteel wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:39 pm Hey Doc, what ever happened to The Thinker?

CFP and Coco are missed, along with the sparsely seen Lever
Coco Canuck was lurking here a while back.

Not sure why he won’t post
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

He can't post without Potatoe, those two are a team!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I see you Qubikal, don't be shy, post something! :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:08 pm
micky107 wrote:Some how, this thread seems to have had a reverse effect and I,for one, can't figure out why!

Brown noser
Gotta love rats wit 😎
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:53 am Nice to see you again Tanti.

Would be nice to also see some of the former guys who used to post here.
Leves ?
Herb?
Vpete?
Potatoe Punches?
Ohdee?
Rummy ?

I'm missing others of course but wtf fellas ?
It’s a shame really, cyberdeath while not actually dying is death to the cyber world non the less..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Juggernaught
AHL Prospect

Post by Juggernaught »

I've been lurking since the inception of Canucks Central and our hockey pool days. I promise to check in every 10 years or so.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

That's all we ask....

(and don't forget to call your mom more often)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."