Page 50 of 315

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:31 pm
by Island Nucklehead
Great start to the season for Demko. 4GP, 2-1-1 with a 1.34 and .953.

Benning is a genius.

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:36 am
by Chef Boi RD
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Benning is a genius.
No shit

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:27 pm
by Aaronp18
Island Nucklehead wrote:Great start to the season for Demko. 4GP, 2-1-1 with a 1.34 and .953.

Benning is a genius.
3-1-0-1, 1.26, .960

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:45 pm
by Hockey Widow
Aaronp18 wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Great start to the season for Demko. 4GP, 2-1-1 with a 1.34 and .953.

Benning is a genius.
3-1-0-1, 1.26, .960
And now he gets recalled??

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:49 pm
by Topper
Utica doesn't play until Saturday. Quite possibly this is to give him a taste of the good life and see what is expected at this level. hangout with the team and work with the coaches.

We've seen this before....and maybe he can teach Markstrom something about being ready for the game's first shot.

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:01 pm
by micky107
Topper wrote:Utica doesn't play until Saturday. Quite possibly this is to give him a taste of the good life and see what is expected at this level. hangout with the team and work with the coaches.

We've seen this before....and maybe he can teach Markstrom something about being ready for the game's first shot.
Thought that was all Stecher's fault. :lol:

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:21 pm
by Tciso
Topper wrote:Utica doesn't play until Saturday. Quite possibly this is to give him a taste of the good life and see what is expected at this level. hangout with the team and work with the coaches.

We've seen this before....and maybe he can teach Markstrom something about being ready for the game's first shot.
Plus, he should earn a bit of pocket $$, as he gets a day of pay at the NHL level. Nice bonus for the kid.

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:05 pm
by Per
Pettersson has had a good start of the season. He is Växjö's leading point scorer with 9 points (2G 7A) in 11 games, and the team is currently in second place in the SHLtwo points behind Färjestad, but with a game in hand. They played Färjestad and beat them 3-1 last night, and Elias had a great game with one goal and one assist.

He has also made the roster of the J20 team that will play a four nations tournament in Russia in november to prepare for the WJC.

Things are looking good! 8-)


Jonathan Dahlén arrived late to Timrå in the second tier league, but has four points (2G 2A) in four games.
But then, this league is not quite as competitive as the SHL, so if he has what it takes to play in the NHL, he really should dominate at this level.

Either way, both prospects are looking good so far this season.

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:20 am
by Lancer
Thanks for the update, Per!

As for Dahlen, given that he has some catching up to do from his bout of mononucleosis four points in four games in the Swedish tier 2 league is nothing to sniff at. No doubt when his SHL team figures he's physically back up to speed he'll be up in the SHL doing what he does. I'm optimistic.

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:41 am
by SKYO
Yeah good hear about Pettersson doing well at that level at his age.

Juolevi is starting gain confidence as well, getting some love from his TPS GM.
Olli Juolevi has played 5 games for TPS in Finland, TPS gm Antero Niittymaki tells me he likes the progress Juolevi is making. Niittymaki on Juolevi:

says Juolevi future is bright, "Yes I believe he is going to play in the NHL.

Olli just needs to get stronger in battles and physically better over-all.

His hockey sense and ability to move the puck under pressure is good.

Olli is getting better every game, he has been a good player for us.

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:04 pm
by DonCherry4PM
Thanks for the update, Per. Good to keep apprised on what is going on with the youth over there.

Hopefully Dahlen gets up-to-speed quickly and can move up to first tier.

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:54 pm
by Per
DonCherry4PM wrote:Thanks for the update, Per. Good to keep apprised on what is going on with the youth over there.

Hopefully Dahlen gets up-to-speed quickly and can move up to first tier.
The bastard had one goal and two assists tonight as Timrå beat Björklöven 3-0. :evil:

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:04 pm
by Per
Lancer wrote:Thanks for the update, Per!

As for Dahlen, given that he has some catching up to do from his bout of mononucleosis four points in four games in the Swedish tier 2 league is nothing to sniff at. No doubt when his SHL team figures he's physically back up to speed he'll be up in the SHL doing what he does. I'm optimistic.
Doesn't really work that way.

We don't have a farm league system. Dahlén has a contract with Timrå, not with any SHL team.
He needs to be traded to end up in the SHL. Not saying it won't happen, just pointing out that there is no SHL team that holds any rights to him at this point.

Most people thought he was headed to Växjö, to play with Pettersson, but instead he signed with his old team Timrå, in the second tier league. I heard some rumour that it has to do with his girlfriend living there, and I guess he may also like to hang out with his old team mates. Also, Timrå are leading the league and might get a shot at being promoted to the SHL at the end of the season. The two worst teams of the SHL must face challengers from the second tier league in a best out of seven series over their SHL slots. A practice the NHL also ought to adopt, as it keeps teams from tanking. Timrå is a former SHL team that of course dreams of rising again from the ashes. Zetterberg more or less single handedly helped them get promoted the last time they were up there. Maybe Dahlén dreams of repeating that feat?

Oh, but there are also rumours that he may be headed for Switzerland. There's apparently some team there that's willing to pay a handsome amount to take over his contract.

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:28 pm
by BingoTough
Per wrote:Oh, but there are also rumours that he may be headed for Switzerland. There's apparently some team there that's willing to pay a handsome amount to take over his contract.
Jim Benning's Swiss cousin perhaps?

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:35 pm
by Zemtac
Petterson with 3 goals and 2 assists today. He is now 5th in scoring in the SHL and the only player on his squad on the leaderboard!!!

14 points in 12 games!