Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:08 pm :sly:
Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:54 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:46 pm Hoglander isn’t good enough to play in the NHL the coming season, based on a guys opinion who actually watches him play.
Craig Button says The Hog ready for the NHL.

Jim Benning is living high on the Hog.

https://canucksarmy.com/2020/10/05/vanc ... od-reason/

Who knows, it's possible he makes the team out of camp...
Certainly possible. He’s a good prospect. Per, who is watching these games thinks he needs more seasoning. I don’t mind Button but I’m curious how much he watches these prospects after they are drafted. He comments on hundreds of these guys in all the Canadian cities and likely in some US markets too.

Either way good to see him break his goose egg. What’s he up to? 6 points in 10 games now? Not too shabby.

As an asside one of the many kids the Chef hates for no reason, Philip Broberg is off to a good start. :)
Apparently Broberg and Virtanen were born with the same brain
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:49 am Apparently Broberg and Virtanen were born with the same brain
According to whom?
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Broberg is likely making the jump to coilerville next opportunity but Evan Bouchard has stalled a bit. This is according to Bob Stauffer and his coilers lunch segment in coilertown
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:19 am Broberg is likely making the jump to coilerville next opportunity but Evan Bouchard has stalled a bit. This is according to Bob Stauffer and his coilers lunch segment in coilertown
I’ve been listening/reading a lot on Broberg and Bouchard. They have some pretty big obstacles to overcome - Bouchard’s skating is going to be a big problem for him in the NHL and Broberg who can skate just doesn’t have the brains to go with it.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:24 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:19 am Broberg is likely making the jump to coilerville next opportunity but Evan Bouchard has stalled a bit. This is according to Bob Stauffer and his coilers lunch segment in coilertown
I’ve been listening/reading a lot on Broberg and Bouchard. They have some pretty big obstacles to overcome - Bouchard’s skating is going to be a big problem for him in the NHL and Broberg who can skate just doesn’t have the brains to go with it.
I haven't anything about PB being a dummy. Bouchard has mobility issues which likely spell a longer AHL career than one in the bigs.

It'll be interesting to see how these 2 develop though.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:01 am
I haven't anything about PB being a dummy. Bouchard has mobility issues which likely spell a longer AHL career than one in the bigs.

It'll be interesting to see how these 2 develop though.
Most points d-men Hockeyallsvenskan 2020/21 to date:

Rk PLAYER______________ # _ TEAM______ POS GP G A TP PIM GWG PPG SOG HIT +/- TOI/GP
_1 Rasmus Bengtsson..... 13 Tingsryd.... RD 10 5 8 13 _ 2 _ 2 _ 0 _ 33 _ 1 + 3 22:19
_2 Zach Palmquist......... 74 Björklöven. LD _9 2 5 _7 _10 _ 0 _ 0 _ 23 _ 3 + 4 18:13
_3 Marcus Hardegård...... _7 Timrå....... RD _7 1 6 _7 _ 4 _ 0 _ 0 _ 22 _ 4 +10 22:20
_4 Michael Kapla........... _3 Västervik... LD _9 1 6 _7 _ 4 _ 1 _ 0 _ 14 _ 1 + 1 20:55
_5 William Lagesson....... 14 Vita Hästen LD _8 3 3 _6 _ 6 _ 0 _ 1 _ 19 _ 0 + 8 22:46
_6 Evan Bouchard........ 17 Södertälje. RD 11 3 3 _6 _48 _ 2 _ 1 _ 37 _ 0 - 3 21:44
_7 Alexander Deilert...... _8 Björklöven.. RD _9 1 5 _6 _ 8 _ 0 _ 0 _ 24 _ 0 +13 17:41
_8 Marcus Karlström...... 15 Almtuna..... RD _9 0 6 _6 _10 _ 0 _ 0 _ 16 _ 0 + 1 18:21
_9 Jimmie Jansson-Lorek 10 Västerås..... LD _8 2 3 _5 _ 4 _ 1 _ 1 _ 26 _ 3 - 2 20:36
10 Albin Carlson........... 14 Timrå........ LD _8 2 3 _5 _ 4 _ 0 _ 0 _ 11 _ 1 +10 17:21

Broberg is playing in Skellefteå. Not touching that with a ten foot pole. :evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

What's with all the penalty minutes for Bouchard ?
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Micky wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:18 am What's with all the penalty minutes for Bouchard ?
I don’t know. Shrug. Just a dirty Canadian hockey player, I guess. :wink:
Megaterio Llamas
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Per wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:24 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:18 am What's with all the penalty minutes for Bouchard ?
Must be playing to reputation, because that sure isn't the way he plays back home. Someone who has played over here needs to call him on that.
el rey del mambo
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:15 pm
Must be playing to reputation, because that sure isn't the way he plays back home. Someone who has played over here needs to call him on that.
Maybe he sees Broberg passing him and figures he better pick up the pace
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I’m thinking they must be pencilling Bouchard into the starting lineup as the bottom pair rhd seeing as they didn’t match the million a year contract for Matt benning.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:15 pm
OK, skimmed the box scores, I re just twelve games in, so it's doable...

2 cross checking x 2 PIM
2 hookings x 2 PIM
1 slashing x 2 PIM
1 roughing x2 PIM
5 interference x 2 PIM
... so that's a total of 22 PIM

And then, what makes the toll rise:
1 game misconduct 20 PIM
1 abuse of official 2+10 PIM

Which gives us a total of 54 PIM (in the game played last night he added 6 PIM; 1 crosschecking, 1 slashing, 1 interference)

So 32 of the 54 minutes is for yapping at the refs (I assume; the highlights from the game where he got the game misconduct don't show what happened, but it was given at 60:00, so after the game ended, and there was no one from the other team getting one. Given that he was booked for an interference with one minute left on the clock, after his team had pulled their goalie to try to get back from trailing the other team 3-2, I assume he was highly frustrated at that point, and expressed his opinion to one or more of the zebras when let out of the penalty box... :lol: ) .

Now, in Bouchard's defence, if you think the NHL refs are bad, you should check out the ones in Sweden's second tier league... :roll:

Yet the other North Americans in the league seem to be able to shut up, so he maybe he'll learn to do that as well eventually.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Or the ref actually spoke English when he spouted off. :oops:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Per wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:04 am
1 game misconduct 20 PIM
1 abuse of official 2+10 PIM

Now, in Bouchard's defence, if you think the NHL refs are bad, you should check out the ones in Sweden's second tier league... :roll:

Yet the other North Americans in the league seem to be able to shut up, so he maybe he'll learn to do that as well eventually.
LOL. We have Hughes and the Oilers have a trouble maker. Excellent.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:32 am
Meds wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:31 pm Especially with the Ontario health authorities saying that the OHL will have to find a way to take physical contact out of the game as much as possible.

So stupid.
I suspect a brain-eating amoeba in the Ontario drinking water.
WOW, it's actually happening!

Zero bodychecking!!

https://twitter.com/MacLeodLisa/status/ ... 7988956167

https://twitter.com/rwesthead/status/13 ... 3288345600

Ontario Sport Minister Lisa MacLeod is a raving Nazi moron.

"Cramming into locker-rooms and busses together is fine, but we can't go around throwing hits!"

Just cancel the season then, or better yet, cancel Lisa MacLeod. :scowl:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!