Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1633
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:56 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cherry Picker »

Who’s your new coach?
Jake ain’t playin’ the left side as long as Green’s behind the bench.
We are all Jim Benning.
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20594
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:40 am
Doyle got his lunch handed to him at a slowpitch tourney scrap in Washington State
Fake news. Doyle has never played Slow Pitch in Washington State and has played very little Slow Pitch in his life.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13129
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Doyle considers straw sipping his way through a pitcher down at the Arms slow-pitch
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20594
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:03 am Doyle considers straw sipping his way through a pitcher down at the Arms slow-pitch
I played Mixed Slow Pitch with some friends for a few years in Poco. Went down to the Dominican and Mexico for a few tournies, but Slow Pitch is such a yawn. Good excuse to get hammered I guess and laugh at all the posers. I’ve never ever played the game in the US. As usual the Chef likes to cook the truth.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19494
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:24 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:03 am Doyle considers straw sipping his way through a pitcher down at the Arms slow-pitch
I played Mixed Slow Pitch with some friends for a few years in Poco. Went down to the Dominican and Mexico for a few tournies, but Slow Pitch is such a yawn. Good excuse to get hammered I guess and laugh at all the posers. I’ve never ever played the game in the US. As usual the Chef likes to cook the truth.
Doyle didn’t somebody Dana Murzyn you in a parking lot outside a pub at fastball tourney?
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20594
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:14 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:24 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:03 am Doyle considers straw sipping his way through a pitcher down at the Arms slow-pitch
I played Mixed Slow Pitch with some friends for a few years in Poco. Went down to the Dominican and Mexico for a few tournies, but Slow Pitch is such a yawn. Good excuse to get hammered I guess and laugh at all the posers. I’ve never ever played the game in the US. As usual the Chef likes to cook the truth.
Doyle didn’t somebody Dana Murzyn you in a parking lot outside a pub at fastball tourney?
There is some truth to this.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by theman »

Good term with the Gaudette signing, although I wish it was for 2 years not 1.
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 14325
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Micky »

theman wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:02 am Good term with the Gaudette signing, although I wish it was for 2 years not 1.
Hard to know. It's good for him if he absolutely kills it this year which would set him nicely for a longer more lucrative deal here, or elsewhere.
Bad if Travis doesn't play him enough or so far down the lineup he can't finally progress to what he seemed to be heading towards when he started
here. He's an offensive forward and I don't know if he' can succeed as grinder or a PK guy.
Definitely be loads of pressure on him. He has great team mates around him. He just might break through finally.
"evolution"
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4273
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Madcombinepilot »

theman wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:02 am Good term with the Gaudette signing, although I wish it was for 2 years not 1.
At that price, I wish it was 5 years.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19494
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:57 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:14 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:24 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:03 am Doyle considers straw sipping his way through a pitcher down at the Arms slow-pitch
I played Mixed Slow Pitch with some friends for a few years in Poco. Went down to the Dominican and Mexico for a few tournies, but Slow Pitch is such a yawn. Good excuse to get hammered I guess and laugh at all the posers. I’ve never ever played the game in the US. As usual the Chef likes to cook the truth.
Doyle didn’t somebody Dana Murzyn you in a parking lot outside a pub at fastball tourney?
There is some truth to this.
You should go lock down in a boot camp style workout program up north in your cabin like Rocky did in preparation for fighting Drago. Then go hunt down the dude for a rematch.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
CC Legend
Posts: 3041
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:04 pm
theman wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:02 am Good term with the Gaudette signing, although I wish it was for 2 years not 1.
At that price, I wish it was 5 years.
A year is plenty for me. It is a decent contract for the team though, absolutely.
el rey del mambo
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:23 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Curmudgeon »

theman wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:02 am Good term with the Gaudette signing, although I wish it was for 2 years not 1.
Yes really good terms for the Canucks, Gaudette was scoring at a good rate and he's put up similar numbers to Mangiapane. I'm good with 1 year, he gets hammered defensively and has to vastly improve in his own zone and his overall two way game, change to the wing, or get moved.
User avatar
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5103
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: On wide shoulders...

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Carl Yagro »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:40 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:57 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:14 am Doyle didn’t somebody Dana Murzyn you in a parking lot outside a pub at fastball tourney?
There is some truth to this.
You should go lock down in a boot camp style workout program up north in your cabin like Rocky did in preparation for fighting Drago. Then go hunt down the dude for a rematch.
Rematch would probably look like this :lol:

Try to focus on THIS year... again
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20594
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:40 pm You should go lock down in a boot camp style workout program up north in your cabin like Rocky did in preparation for fighting Drago. Then go hunt down the dude for a rematch.
That guy was a gorilla. It was in Mount Vernon, WA. No thanks. My 3-1 record as an adult will stay that way. Mind you that includes me going over the top rope at Diego’s in the early 90s and absolutely dummying some Goomba who never saw it coming. :lol:
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 28178
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:40 pm You should go lock down in a boot camp style workout program up north in your cabin like Rocky did in preparation for fighting Drago. Then go hunt down the dude for a rematch.
Nah, stay the way you are Doyle and sneak attack him like this:

Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Post Reply