Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cornuck »

Hank wrote: TBH Corny, I don't think I can be sent down any lower than I already am :cry:
There's always somewhere lower..... [cough... calpuck... cough] :D

I'm glad we could have this talk, now get back out there and earn your ice time!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Hank wrote:Lancer, let's just say she didn't need to worry about my gap when Moses could lead his people through hers.
Soooooo.... she's a well-seasoned vet with a lot of games under her belt???
Hank wrote:Are you calling out my 200 ft game publicly on this here GD Hockey Message Board?!? I'm thin-skinned, ya know?
Hank, I think he's just questioning your will and skill as a two-way player. They all say that's how you get into the bigs.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cornuck wrote: There's always somewhere lower..... [cough... calpuck... cough] :D
Oh, snap!
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

being sent down went over his head
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:being sent down went over his head
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cornuck wrote:
Hank wrote: TBH Corny, I don't think I can be sent down any lower than I already am :cry:
There's always somewhere lower..... [cough... calpuck... cough] :D

I'm glad we could have this talk, now get back out there and earn your ice time!
In through the out door
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Junior prospects update.

Olli Juolevi and his Knights knocked out in a thrilling series that went the distance. Knights lose 5-4 in OT of game 7.

Olli's numbers:
Reg:58 games, 10 goals, 42 points +26
Playoffs: 14 games, 3 goals, 8 points 0 +/-

Dmitry Zhukenov of Chicoutimi sets up the winner in OT to advance to the 3rd round!
Reg: 64 games, 18 goals, 65 points, -17
Playoffs: 11 games, 5 goals, 16 points, +6
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

BladesofSteel wrote:Junior prospects update.

Olli Juolevi and his Knights knocked out in a thrilling series that went the distance. Knights lose 5-4 in OT of game 7.

Olli's numbers:
Reg:58 games, 10 goals, 42 points +26
Playoffs: 14 games, 3 goals, 8 points 0 +/-

Dmitry Zhukenov of Chicoutimi sets up the winner in OT to advance to the 3rd round!
Reg: 64 games, 18 goals, 65 points, -17
Playoffs: 11 games, 5 goals, 16 points, +6
Good info. :!:
Zhukenov is making things interesting. huge improvement in the playoffs.
He's already 20 years old so pretty sure that's going to be: The NHL Canucks or the KHL. Wagers ?
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I think Juolevi played 45 minutes that last game lol.
Now to add some muscle Olli. Image will have over 4 months this year to prepare for camp, same with Virtanen.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Zhukenov late bloomer, did pretty good in playoffs.
Today last Canucks prospect in QMJHL playoffs saw season end.

In 17GP with Chicoutimi, Dmitry Zhukenov had 6G,15A, tied-3rd in league PTS.
Last I heard he'll be going to Russia to play and will return once he's ready, likely in a couple years.

Probably we get both Russians back Zhuke, Tryamkin in the year 2019 aha, could add A. Svechnikov too? aye.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Adam Gaudette has that goal scorers goal shot...ever lethal, & has some Datsyukian dangles a bit as well.

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote:Adam Gaudette has that goal scorers goal shot...ever lethal, & has some Datsyukian dangles a bit as well.
One thing I noticed after watching some Gaudette and Goldolbin highlights, they both seem to really luv to score. They do the fist pumping thing a lot. Hopefully it'll be something that carries over to the NHL lvl. :P Chances are Goldolbin will stick with us next season, I'd like to see him get some looks in the shootouts.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
SKYO wrote:Adam Gaudette has that goal scorers goal shot...ever lethal, & has some Datsyukian dangles a bit as well.
One thing I noticed after watching some Gaudette and Goldolbin highlights, they both seem to really luv to score. They do the fist pumping thing a lot. Hopefully it'll be something that carries over to the NHL lvl. :P Chances are Goldolbin will stick with us next season, I'd like to see him get some looks in the shootouts.
Yup they love to score just like that guy in my avi.

Gaudette I can't wait till he signs hopefully next year!

I'm hoping we acquire someone to play with Goldy like another Russian, how about we sign Yakupov for cheap? A one year $800k performance laden contract should suffice if the Blues let him walk.

Yakupov - Sutter - Goldy.

What do the Canucks have to lose? Team can afford to experiment at this point. & Yak would probably love to stick it to edmonton, so there's some motivation ha.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote: I'm hoping we acquire someone to play with Goldy like another Russian, how about we sign Yakupov for cheap? A one year $800k performance laden contract should suffice if the Blues let him walk.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind giving Yakupov a shot. JB should just stay away from high priced free agents that have high salary + term (ie: Erikkson). Just go for guys who had a bad year, are cheap, low term and are young enough to have a bounce back year, so we can potentially flip them for a pick at the deadline. A guy like Yakupov would fit the bill if he's available for cheap.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
SKYO wrote: I'm hoping we acquire someone to play with Goldy like another Russian, how about we sign Yakupov for cheap? A one year $800k performance laden contract should suffice if the Blues let him walk.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind giving Yakupov a shot. JB should just stay away from high priced free agents that have high salary + term (ie: Erikkson). Just go for guys who had a bad year, are cheap, low term and are young enough to have a bounce back year, so we can potentially flip them for a pick at the deadline. A guy like Yakupov would fit the bill if he's available for cheap.
You wanna talk about a brainless player. Would love to see Yakupov and Booth play chess against each other, the comedy would be top notch
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau