Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Looks like a hopeful Dec 4 start date for the Comets. Let's hope they can pull it off.

https://theahl.com/ahl-moves-2020-21-start-date
el rey del mambo

UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:53 am
He had six minutes of ice time. Might want to pump the brakes a bit.
The brakes have been pumped for awhile.... For six minutes, Juolevi showed pretty good awareness and appears to have NHL mobility -- which has been one of the biggest question marks, no? The game also pressed his under pressure descisionmaking skills and the results were mixed. All players will succumb to pressure from time to time--even Tanev, who is the coolest of cucumbers--and so any 6 minute snapshot is going to look different. Point is, it was 6 minutes that allowed Canucks fans the ability to visualize him as a #6 next year and have it not be a disaster. That's something.

At a minimum, it showed why he shouldn't be written off entirely, as any have done. It isn't uncommon at all for defensmen to break in a 23, 24, even 25 years old and become solid top 4 defensemen. You want it to happen more quickly especially for a high draft pick, but you know, it also is isn't all that uncommon for D drafted in the top 15 to not pan out. The draft's not a crap shoot. But it involves at best informed speculation for any player who isn't already ready for the NHL. Only a few players per draft fit that description. Defensemen almost never are, and few believed Juolevi was.
Hono_rary Canadian

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
It’s almost like you don’t want Six three two Hundred to succeed. You’re so down on Olli but apparently six three one eighty Dobson is the next Larry Robinson??? Go figure
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

UWSaint wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:43 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
The brakes have been pumped for awhile.... For six minutes, Juolevi showed pretty good awareness and appears to have NHL mobility -- which has been one of the biggest question marks, no? The game also pressed his under pressure descisionmaking skills and the results were mixed. All players will succumb to pressure from time to time--even Tanev, who is the coolest of cucumbers--and so any 6 minute snapshot is going to look different. Point is, it was 6 minutes that allowed Canucks fans the ability to visualize him as a #6 next year and have it not be a disaster. That's something.

At a minimum, it showed why he shouldn't be written off entirely, as any have done. It isn't uncommon at all for defensmen to break in a 23, 24, even 25 years old and become solid top 4 defensemen. You want it to happen more quickly especially for a high draft pick, but you know, it also is isn't all that uncommon for D drafted in the top 15 to not pan out. The draft's not a crap shoot. But it involves at best informed speculation for any player who isn't already ready for the NHL. Only a few players per draft fit that description. Defensemen almost never are, and few believed Juolevi was.
I haven’t written him off. I have no illusions he’s going to be a top pairing guy but he may round into a decent middle pairing guy. He apparently has struggled defensively in the AHL and wasn’t the most competitive kid when I have watched him in the past. He showed well in his six minutes. There may be a player there yet.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:57 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
It’s almost like you don’t want Six three two Hundred to succeed. You’re so down on Olli but apparently six three one eighty Dobson is the next Larry Robinson??? Go figure
This adds nothing to the discussion

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:19 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Yes it does, you want him to fail because you’ve labelled him a bust from the moment we drafted him
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:19 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:19 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Yes it does, my bowels will fail because you’ve labelled me a chicken legged clown who frequented the Astoria from the moment you met me

Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

𝗖𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀 Faber 🤙🔥🎙@ChrisFaber39
Vasili Podkolzin with an incredible through the legs pass off one knee to set up a powerplay goal.
This was his first time on the powerplay today and I think they should keep him there!
https://twitter.com/ChrisFaber39/status ... 0609540098
8:19 AM · Aug 6, 2020
too bad you can't make it bigger. Looks pretty good.
"evolution"

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Podkolzin is going to push this team to another level when he arrives with Tryamkin next summer

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:21 pm
Podkolzin is going to push this team to another level when he arrives with Tryamkin next summer
I heard they are coming with Chubarov as well

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:45 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Naw, there’s some confusion with that recent rumour. Chubarov isn’t coming. They are only bringing his car keys.
We are all Jim Benning.

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Cherry Picker wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:57 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:45 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Naw, there’s some confusion with that recent rumour. Chubarov isn’t coming. They are only bringing his car keys.
Once Kirill Koltsov signs, we'll be the new mid-90s Wings.

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Antoine Roussel on the #Canucks young stars:

“They’re not afraid of anything. I’ll go to battle with them any day
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

New article on Podkolzin...he's doing very well.

https://canucksarmy.com/2020/08/11/canu ... -included/

Plenty of information, though a smidge bias, still he's playing pretty high tempo games right now and there's plenty to like

see >>>> https://twitter.com/ChrisFaber39/status ... 2384826368
"evolution"

Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Micky wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:06 am
New article on Podkolzin...he's doing very well.

https://canucksarmy.com/2020/08/11/canu ... -included/

Plenty of information, though a smidge bias, still he's playing pretty high tempo games right now and there's plenty to like

see >>>> https://twitter.com/ChrisFaber39/status ... 2384826368
Looks like they had their homer glasses on when they wrote that. The clips didn't show me much at all but I do believe he'll be a very good player for them. Perhaps a Tkachuk light?