Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11423
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:39 am

BladesofSteel wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:18 am
Yup.

Along with Cassels and Molino, while Labate and Megna are UFA’s.
Cut all six loose
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 948
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: around the bend

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by sagebrush » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:17 am

Elias Pettersson named best young player in all of Europe.

Ho hum .... another month, another award.

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7586
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cornuck » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:52 am

sagebrush wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:17 am
Elias Pettersson named best young player in all of Europe.

Ho hum .... another month, another award.
The list of nominees included Rasmus Dahlin (Sweden)
That's some good news! :D
2018-19 - The Road to 82

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13368
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Hockey Widow » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:11 pm

Trymankin’s agent confirms he approached the Canucks at the recent combine to discuss Tryamkin’s return to Vancouver. He wanted to get a sense of the value the Canuck’s placed on him and where they saw him fitting in the depth chart. He describes it as a positive meeting and indicated Trymankin will be back in the NHL when his current contract is up. Trymankin will be 26 when he returns.

Trymankin himself seems disappointed with his season, well the second half anyway, saying he didn’t play well and didn’t develop the way he wanted. He was also disappointed with how his time on the National Team went, finishing the tournament as a healthy scratch. All indications are they he feels stagnant in the KHL and perhaps has reached a new understanding and appreciation for the NHL and the development opportunity it presents.

No indication yet of and early return but it sure is looking like he wants to come back. If the Canucks don’t want him I think he will become a trade chip but with low value at this point. Benning has always maintained that they want him back but no recent comments from the Canucks.

No comments about he would buy out his final year, in fact his agent seems to suggest he will play the contract out. But never say never.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 948
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: around the bend

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by sagebrush » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:00 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:11 pm
No comments about he would buy out his final year, in fact his agent seems to suggest he will play the contract out. But never say never.
It would be good to see the Russian bear back.

Recall Martin Hanzel's reaction (6'-6, 226lb, noted Canuck injurer) after he bounced off the bear. Even one of the game's colour announcer's commented on Hanzal's look of astonishement as if ... "where did this come from".

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9501
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by SKYO » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:18 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:11 pm

No comments about he would buy out his final year, in fact his agent seems to suggest he will play the contract out. But never say never.
He'll give the KHL one more year and if it's another so so season he'll buy his contract out with his last dollar in 2019 and sign a nice bonus/contract with the Canucks for a couple years, then workout a longer deal after that if it looks good.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
5thhorseman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1090
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by 5thhorseman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:28 pm

SKYO wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:18 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:11 pm

No comments about he would buy out his final year, in fact his agent seems to suggest he will play the contract out. But never say never.
He'll give the KHL one more year and if it's another so so season he'll buy his contract out with his last dollar in 2019 and sign a nice bonus/contract with the Canucks for a couple years, then workout a longer deal after that if it looks good.
Yeah, but will he show up to camp in shape? In one more year we may have Juolevi and Hanafin/7th in the lineup so may not be able to gift him a spot and he'll need to work his way up from the Comets. Is the big guy ready for that and another round of Pronger videos?

User avatar
UWSaint
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by UWSaint » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:30 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:11 pm
Trymankin’s agent confirms he approached the Canucks at the recent combine to discuss Tryamkin’s return to Vancouver. He wanted to get a sense of the value the Canuck’s placed on him and where they saw him fitting in the depth chart. He describes it as a positive meeting and indicated Trymankin will be back in the NHL when his current contract is up. Trymankin will be 26 when he returns.

Trymankin himself seems disappointed with his season, well the second half anyway, saying he didn’t play well and didn’t develop the way he wanted. He was also disappointed with how his time on the National Team went, finishing the tournament as a healthy scratch. All indications are they he feels stagnant in the KHL and perhaps has reached a new understanding and appreciation for the NHL and the development opportunity it presents.

No indication yet of and early return but it sure is looking like he wants to come back. If the Canucks don’t want him I think he will become a trade chip but with low value at this point. Benning has always maintained that they want him back but no recent comments from the Canucks.

No comments about he would buy out his final year, in fact his agent seems to suggest he will play the contract out. But never say never.
It would be great to have him back after next season. Currently, Edler and Del Zotto are FA after this season -- and if the Canucks fade early (not unlikely), they will either be re-signed in February or an attempt will be made to move them. Hutton is an RFA who might not get an offer or will be lowballed, and if he goes to arbitration, the club could walk away. Pouliot and Stetcher -- if they are still here, I think are also RFA's with arbitration rights, but that may very well change based on this summer's negotiations. The NHL players under contract are Gudbrandson, Tanev, and Biega (a #7). (You can add Juolevi, I suppose, and there is some hope for Brisebois to break into a 5-6 role, but no one else in the system is likely to be anything more than an injury parts spare in two years time (yes, including Sauntner). Tryamkin > Stetcher as a RD -- and if Tryamkin really wants to play that side, you'd have to think the agent's talk with the Canucks about depth was very much about how 88 compares with Stetcher in terms of future outlook. I would hope that the Canucks said, "stay healthy, stay motivated, stay in shape, and you are Top 6. Continue to get better, and you are top 4. And yes, we'll even try you on the power play. So should we talk extension when you return or do you want to first prove to us you are top 4."

I worry that Tryamkin is never happy, though, and is a grass is always greener on the other side kind of guy.
Hono_rary Canadian

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9501
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by SKYO » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:47 pm

5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:28 pm
SKYO wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:18 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:11 pm

No comments about he would buy out his final year, in fact his agent seems to suggest he will play the contract out. But never say never.
He'll give the KHL one more year and if it's another so so season he'll buy his contract out with his last dollar in 2019 and sign a nice bonus/contract with the Canucks for a couple years, then workout a longer deal after that if it looks good.
Yeah, but will he show up to camp in shape? In one more year we may have Juolevi and Hanafin/7th in the lineup so may not be able to gift him a spot and he'll need to work his way up from the Comets. Is the big guy ready for that and another round of Pronger videos?
Who really cares about what if!? scenarios, we all know what he can provide, he should know what to expect next time around, he should be more mature and knowledgable of the game in a year or two.

All the team and tryamkin can do is put their best foot forward to give him another NHL shot - works out, great, JB will make room, if not, no big deal.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11423
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:06 pm

5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:28 pm
SKYO wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:18 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:11 pm

No comments about he would buy out his final year, in fact his agent seems to suggest he will play the contract out. But never say never.
He'll give the KHL one more year and if it's another so so season he'll buy his contract out with his last dollar in 2019 and sign a nice bonus/contract with the Canucks for a couple years, then workout a longer deal after that if it looks good.
Yeah, but will he show up to camp in shape? In one more year we may have Juolevi and Hanafin/7th in the lineup so may not be able to gift him a spot and he'll need to work his way up from the Comets. Is the big guy ready for that and another round of Pronger videos?
So Juolevi and the 7th. That’s two guys who have never played an NHL game, one of whom will be 19 and the other one a disappointment who is a year removed from back surgery. The other slugs Gudbranson, Pouliott, Hutton and Stecher offer little competition. Tanev will be traded or injured and Edler and Del Zotto likely sign elsewhere.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Uncle dans leg » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:27 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:06 pm
5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:28 pm
SKYO wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:18 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:11 pm

No comments about he would buy out his final year, in fact his agent seems to suggest he will play the contract out. But never say never.
He'll give the KHL one more year and if it's another so so season he'll buy his contract out with his last dollar in 2019 and sign a nice bonus/contract with the Canucks for a couple years, then workout a longer deal after that if it looks good.
Yeah, but will he show up to camp in shape? In one more year we may have Juolevi and Hanafin/7th in the lineup so may not be able to gift him a spot and he'll need to work his way up from the Comets. Is the big guy ready for that and another round of Pronger videos?
So Juolevi and the 7th. That’s two guys who have never played an NHL game, one of whom will be 19 and the other one a disappointment who is a year removed from back surgery. The other slugs Gudbranson, Pouliott, Hutton and Stecher offer little competition. Tanev will be traded or injured and Edler and Del Zotto likely sign elsewhere.
Holy fuck thats bleak. We need something positive to happen back there fast
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11423
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:35 pm

This is why I argued against trading all the 2nds and 3rds away chasing an age gap. Another age gap has been created
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7942
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Island Nucklehead » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:22 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:35 pm
This is why I argued against trading all the 2nds and 3rds away chasing an age gap. Another age gap has been created
Not to mention a talent gap.

Benning is a decent drafter, chances are he could turn those extra picks into a bonafide NHLer.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17603
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:06 pm
So Juolevi and the 7th. That’s two guys who have never played an NHL game, one of whom will be 19 and the other one a disappointment who is a year removed from back surgery. The other slugs Gudbranson, Pouliott, Hutton and Stecher offer little competition. Tanev will be traded or injured and Edler and Del Zotto likely sign elsewhere.
Are you out on a ledge somewhere? :drink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11423
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:43 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:53 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:06 pm
So Juolevi and the 7th. That’s two guys who have never played an NHL game, one of whom will be 19 and the other one a disappointment who is a year removed from back surgery. The other slugs Gudbranson, Pouliott, Hutton and Stecher offer little competition. Tanev will be traded or injured and Edler and Del Zotto likely sign elsewhere.
Are you out on a ledge somewhere? :drink:
Was I wrong? You think there will be stiff competition for Tryamkin if he returns?
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

Post Reply