Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17017
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:52 am

Your nose or your neck?
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 990
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:56 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cherry Picker » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:11 am

What a season for Pettersson. He’s so damn good!
I’m scared because I don’t know what is going to go wrong.
That Canuck don’t usually get good things.
This is making me nervous, very nervous.
We are all Jim Benning.

Zemtac
CC Veteran
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:29 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Zemtac » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:19 am

He just got the Playoff MVP!!!

User avatar
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2922
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Aaronp18 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:50 am

Damn! So when does he get invited to the World Championships? It'll be nice to see him play with and against some of the best.

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16483
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:01 am

Um, yeah, some guy named Pettersson

Pretty sweet Sedin out, Pettersson/Boeser in changing of the guard
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 5032
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Per » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:10 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:52 am
Your nose or your neck?
Probably neck. The Swedish equivalent to this saying actually has chin in it, so I don't really know what I got the nose from. :?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 5032
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Per » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:12 am

Aaronp18 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:50 am
Damn! So when does he get invited to the World Championships? It'll be nice to see him play with and against some of the best.
I really can't see how they could turn him down after this performance.
Sure, we have some 19 and counting NHLers reporting for duty, but there has to be room on the roster for this guy!
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 5032
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Per » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:29 am

Footage from the game: https://www.shl.se/play/video/27285592

Not surprisingly, Pettersson was named playoff MVP. :drink:

Another record: since the playoffs were introduced in 1975, no losing finalist has scored less than three goals. And originally the final was best out of five!

Växjö completely crushed Skellefteå, which gladdens my Björklöven heart, with the scores 7-0, 4-0, 4-1, 5-0, for a combined 20-1! :lol:

Also of note: Daniel Rahimi scored four goals in the regular season, two of those against Skellefteå. He also scored two goals in the playoffs. Both against Skellefteå. Obvious that this Umeå-born Björklöven-raised player still bleeds green and yellow! :wave: :wave: :wave:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5040
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Reefer2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:02 pm

Cherry Picker wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:11 am
What a season for Pettersson. He’s so damn good!
I’m scared because I don’t know what is going to go wrong.
That Canuck don’t usually get good things.
This is making me nervous, very nervous.
Same here. I’m waiting for Buttman to come the radio and say pick is invalid. Somehow Toronto gets him.

User avatar
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1083
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by vic » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:15 pm

Cherry Picker wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:11 am
I’m scared because I don’t know what is going to go wrong.
He doesn't score a hat trick in his first game and is immediately labeled a bust by the media.

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 5032
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Per » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:22 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:02 pm
Cherry Picker wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:11 am
What a season for Pettersson. He’s so damn good!
I’m scared because I don’t know what is going to go wrong.
That Canuck don’t usually get good things.
This is making me nervous, very nervous.
Same here. I’m waiting for Buttman to come the radio and say pick is invalid. Somehow Toronto gets him.
Seriously, I also get a feeling this is too good to be true.
Everything the guy touches turns to gold. Guess I'm about to wake up and realize it's just a dream...
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP
Posts: 978
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Ronning's Ghost » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Cherry Picker wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:11 am
I’m scared because I don’t know what is going to go wrong.
He will have a great rookie season, leading the Canucks into the post-season. Then some thug will cripple him on a dirty hit, but the league will be OK with with it because playoffs.

I hope knowing makes you feel better, because it makes me feel worse.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22806
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Strangelove » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:24 pm

^^^^So gentlemen, GMJB could be a genius but Canucks would fail anyway due to some curse?

Ipso facto, we'll never be able to prove his genius one way or the other under your (or any) parameters eh Cliffy? :sly:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP
Posts: 978
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Ronning's Ghost » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:42 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:24 pm
^^^^So gentlemen, GMJB could be a genius but Canucks would fail anyway due to some curse?

Ipso facto, we'll never be able to prove his genius one way or the other under your (or any) parameters eh Cliffy? :sly:
Could a genius figure out a way to outsmart a curse ? Depends on the genius and the curse, I guess.

I was always charmed by this episode:


I was actually thinking about what the rational response would be, if you (or rather, GMJB) gave credit to my prediction. I think the best strategy would be to trade young Pettersson to a Favoured Franchise (where he might enjoy League protection and thereby a long career) in exchange for 3-4 more durable players the next tier of talent down, and try to win with depth (looking OK for VGK so far). GMJB would have to time it (with Genius timing) so that Pettersson had already demonstrated his ability to create offence in the NHL, but had not yet been injured out of the sport.

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10349
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Micky » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:42 pm

Never, never forget to give old Tom his dues. Major gold. :)
http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bu ... 1.20764646
"evolution"

Post Reply