Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Postby Cornuck » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:23 pm

Hank wrote:TBH Corny, I don't think I can be sent down any lower than I already am :cry:


There's always somewhere lower..... [cough... calpuck... cough] :D

I'm glad we could have this talk, now get back out there and earn your ice time!
2016 - The Road to 65™
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 6699
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Postby Lancer » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:17 pm

Hank wrote:Lancer, let's just say she didn't need to worry about my gap when Moses could lead his people through hers.


Soooooo.... she's a well-seasoned vet with a lot of games under her belt???

Hank wrote:Are you calling out my 200 ft game publicly on this here GD Hockey Message Board?!? I'm thin-skinned, ya know?


Hank, I think he's just questioning your will and skill as a two-way player. They all say that's how you get into the bigs.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Postby Hank » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:29 pm

Cornuck wrote:There's always somewhere lower..... [cough... calpuck... cough] :D


Oh, snap!
Try to focus on 2 years from now...
Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Postby Topper » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:08 pm

being sent down went over his head
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8542
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Postby Strangelove » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:21 pm

Topper wrote:being sent down went over his head


____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 13762
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Postby Topper » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:29 am

Cornuck wrote:
Hank wrote:TBH Corny, I don't think I can be sent down any lower than I already am :cry:


There's always somewhere lower..... [cough... calpuck... cough] :D

I'm glad we could have this talk, now get back out there and earn your ice time!

In through the out door
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8542
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Postby BladesofSteel » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:18 am

Junior prospects update.

Olli Juolevi and his Knights knocked out in a thrilling series that went the distance. Knights lose 5-4 in OT of game 7.

Olli's numbers:
Reg:58 games, 10 goals, 42 points +26
Playoffs: 14 games, 3 goals, 8 points 0 +/-

Dmitry Zhukenov of Chicoutimi sets up the winner in OT to advance to the 3rd round!
Reg: 64 games, 18 goals, 65 points, -17
Playoffs: 11 games, 5 goals, 16 points, +6
"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come." -Det. Lester Freamon
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1296
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Postby micky107 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:51 am

BladesofSteel wrote:Junior prospects update.

Olli Juolevi and his Knights knocked out in a thrilling series that went the distance. Knights lose 5-4 in OT of game 7.

Olli's numbers:
Reg:58 games, 10 goals, 42 points +26
Playoffs: 14 games, 3 goals, 8 points 0 +/-

Dmitry Zhukenov of Chicoutimi sets up the winner in OT to advance to the 3rd round!
Reg: 64 games, 18 goals, 65 points, -17
Playoffs: 11 games, 5 goals, 16 points, +6


Good info. :!:
Zhukenov is making things interesting. huge improvement in the playoffs.
He's already 20 years old so pretty sure that's going to be: The NHL Canucks or the KHL. Wagers ?
User avatar
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Postby SKYO » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:47 pm

I think Juolevi played 45 minutes that last game lol.
Now to add some muscle Olli. Image will have over 4 months this year to prepare for camp, same with Virtanen.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7605
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Postby SKYO » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Zhukenov late bloomer, did pretty good in playoffs.

Today last Canucks prospect in QMJHL playoffs saw season end.

In 17GP with Chicoutimi, Dmitry Zhukenov had 6G,15A, tied-3rd in league PTS.


Last I heard he'll be going to Russia to play and will return once he's ready, likely in a couple years.

Probably we get both Russians back Zhuke, Tryamkin in the year 2019 aha, could add A. Svechnikov too? aye.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7605
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Postby SKYO » Thu May 18, 2017 9:11 pm

Adam Gaudette has that goal scorers goal shot...ever lethal, & has some Datsyukian dangles a bit as well.

Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7605
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Fri May 19, 2017 12:05 am

SKYO wrote:Adam Gaudette has that goal scorers goal shot...ever lethal, & has some Datsyukian dangles a bit as well.


One thing I noticed after watching some Gaudette and Goldolbin highlights, they both seem to really luv to score. They do the fist pumping thing a lot. Hopefully it'll be something that carries over to the NHL lvl. :P Chances are Goldolbin will stick with us next season, I'd like to see him get some looks in the shootouts.
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Postby SKYO » Fri May 19, 2017 12:54 am

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
SKYO wrote:Adam Gaudette has that goal scorers goal shot...ever lethal, & has some Datsyukian dangles a bit as well.


One thing I noticed after watching some Gaudette and Goldolbin highlights, they both seem to really luv to score. They do the fist pumping thing a lot. Hopefully it'll be something that carries over to the NHL lvl. :P Chances are Goldolbin will stick with us next season, I'd like to see him get some looks in the shootouts.


Yup they love to score just like that guy in my avi.

Gaudette I can't wait till he signs hopefully next year!

I'm hoping we acquire someone to play with Goldy like another Russian, how about we sign Yakupov for cheap? A one year $800k performance laden contract should suffice if the Blues let him walk.

Yakupov - Sutter - Goldy.

What do the Canucks have to lose? Team can afford to experiment at this point. & Yak would probably love to stick it to edmonton, so there's some motivation ha.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7605
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Fri May 19, 2017 4:25 pm

SKYO wrote:I'm hoping we acquire someone to play with Goldy like another Russian, how about we sign Yakupov for cheap? A one year $800k performance laden contract should suffice if the Blues let him walk.


Yeah, I wouldn't mind giving Yakupov a shot. JB should just stay away from high priced free agents that have high salary + term (ie: Erikkson). Just go for guys who had a bad year, are cheap, low term and are young enough to have a bounce back year, so we can potentially flip them for a pick at the deadline. A guy like Yakupov would fit the bill if he's available for cheap.
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Postby RoyalDude » Sat May 20, 2017 8:24 am

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
SKYO wrote:I'm hoping we acquire someone to play with Goldy like another Russian, how about we sign Yakupov for cheap? A one year $800k performance laden contract should suffice if the Blues let him walk.


Yeah, I wouldn't mind giving Yakupov a shot. JB should just stay away from high priced free agents that have high salary + term (ie: Erikkson). Just go for guys who had a bad year, are cheap, low term and are young enough to have a bounce back year, so we can potentially flip them for a pick at the deadline. A guy like Yakupov would fit the bill if he's available for cheap.


You wanna talk about a brainless player. Would love to see Yakupov and Booth play chess against each other, the comedy would be top notch
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 9282
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], RoyalDude and 5 guests