Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Mickey107 »

I just didn't, in retrospect, want to leave Tanev out.
He does have a fragile problem though. Considering the workload on the Canuck defense, he deserves a ton of credit.

Topper, when I do get old and senile maybe some of your vendetta powered posting will make sense.
As it is, you can sound half ass logical at times and like a lil baby at others.
Something spasmodic? Sorry.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Anybody paying attention to Pettersen lately? Wow! Let's just but clear here, Benning is a Genius!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote:Anybody paying attention to Pettersen lately? Wow! Let's just but clear here, Benning is a Genius!
Did you mean be or butt ?
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Anybody paying attention to Pettersen lately? Wow! Let's just but clear here, Benning is a Genius!
Did you mean be or butt ?
Are there too many chickadees circling the inner walls of your cranium to know what word I meant?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

LOL. And I thought you'd just fix it so I would have to delete mine.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

You reply dig hard don’t you. When your not under Doc you are on your knees in front of Benning. How do you have time for work?

Petty hasn’t played an NHL game and success in any other leagues means jack shit, this is something that I find you have tremendous difficulty in understanding.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Reefer2 wrote: Petty hasn’t played an NHL game and success in any other leagues means jack shit, this is something that I find you have tremendous difficulty in understanding.
Well, actually this is opposite of accurate. There is a ton of statistical analysis that shows how success in different leagues translates into success at the NHL level.

Good link to peruse Reef:
http://www.behindthenet.ca/projecting_to_nhl.php

The top leagues in the world that demonstrate translatable success in the NHL are (not taking into account the WHA cause that doesn't exist anymore):
Russian Elite League (KHL) - 0.83 PPG
Swedish Elite League (SHL) - 0.78 PPG
Czech Republic League - 0.74 PPG

And one could assume that the younger the player is putting up these numbers the more translatable the success.

So Elias is scoring at a 1.176 PPG pace right now, using the 0.78 factor that would translate into a 0.92 PPG pace in the NHL.

So success in other leagues does mean something when looking to how successful the player may be at the NHL level. And by all accounts Elias has only been getting better and more comfortable the more he plays against men. Right now he sits 4th in league scoring playing the least amount of games of these top 4. Oh and the ages of the players outscoring him thus far are - 33, 30, and 31 in that order. He's 11 years younger than the closest to his age!

Lets not let facts get in the way of a pessimistic rant though. :mex:

*Had to add that the 2 closest rookies to him in scoring are sitting at 13 points and are 22 and 23 years old.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Anybody paying attention to Pettersen lately? Wow! Let's just but clear here, Benning is a Genius!
You reply dig hard don’t you. When your not under Doc you are on your knees in front of Benning. How do you have time for work?
Attaboy Reef, whenever someone says something positive... launch a homophobic attack! :thumbs:

Bubbles (RIP) would have been so proud...
Reefer2 wrote: Petty hasn’t played an NHL game and success in any other leagues means jack shit, this is something that I find you have tremendous difficulty in understanding.
Riiiight, so the countless millions of fans/experts who follow player development are the morons!

UMMM... perhaps you, Mr NHL stat-watcher, are the one with "tremendous difficulty in understanding".
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Petty with 1 goal and 2 assists today. Now leads the SHL in scoring, lol. This after his 2 goal performance last game. Pure Genius. What's even more genius is that Lind could very well be better than Cody Glass. WTF?!?!

More and more scouts now are saying that Pettersen could be the best player from the 2017 draft class. Incredible draft pick

Boeser drafted 23rd overall. Stop the Geniusness. It's overwhelming. Tryamkin, Demko, Gaudette!!! Too much.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:What's even more genius is that Lind could very well be better than Cody Glass. WTF?!?!
BRUH don't make the benning hater cry like that...........not fair.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Lol Doc,

When you hold others to the same level as you hold the posters that you disagree with then your comments have merit, until then it means little. Benning is not a genius until his picks make the NHL and contribute to the level they drafted.

Then and only then can you call him genius but Dude doesn’t have any filter, he sees one thing and goes on and on and on like a parrot. If you want another Calgary Puck here where posters have their heads up their ass and only see things one way then that’s your prerogative especially since you are the almighty mod.

Of course I want Benning to be successful, I would love his picks to be the 24’ Top D man or the 70 point forward but I have been watching this team and league for several decades to know nothing is certain. Dude’s posts are so one sided that he offers very little to the thread.

Some can say I don’t as well and that is ok with me, I prefer to wait and see and get excited until they produce in this league on this team and with this coach.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Reefer2 wrote: Benning is not a genius until his picks make the NHL and contribute to the level they drafted.
Benning is not proven to be a drafting genius until his picks contribute at a higher level than predicted by their draft position, at a higher than average frequency. 'At the level they are drafted' is merely competent (I concede that, given what Vancouver fans have seen over the years, this could look like genius.)

I would submit that Benning is not proven to be a hockey management genius until he a) turns a losing team around into a solid, long-term contender in a remarkably short time (and I'd say it's already too late for that), or b) puts together a dynasty. (There being other elements to hockey management besides drafting.)

I'm perfectly happy to 'settle' for "b", but it hasn't happened yet.
Last edited by Ronning's Ghost on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Drafting Boeser 23rd overall who points per games played in the NHL by a rookie is second only to McDavid but ahead of Laine, Matthews and Gaudreau

Fookin' Genius La
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:Drafting Boeser 23rd overall who points per games played in the NHL by a rookie is second only to McDavid but ahead of Laine, Matthews and Gaudreau

Fookin' Genius La
Wrong. He was a rookie last season too. 21 points in 25 GP = .84 PPG. Same as Matthews and RNH. Worse than McDavid, Panarin, Laine and Barzal and Colby Armstrong.
Last edited by Island Nucklehead on Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote:Drafting Boeser 23rd overall who points per games played in the NHL by a rookie is second only to McDavid but ahead of Laine, Matthews and Gaudreau

Fookin' Genius La
Then YOU shouldn't be doubting that Jake Virtanen will be a valuable part or YOUR VANCOUVER CANUCKS moving forward.
And please, I have heard the crapolla about the work on the JV draft being done by the previous regime and JB just went with it. That is ROT I tell you, ROT.
He could have done anything he wanted and did. ;)
"evolution"