Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Thanks for bolding my points ! Sutter DEFINITELY isn’t a building block. He’s an overpaid checker but at least this season he is in a proper role instead of killing offensive lines. He is finally coming a bit closer to earning his keep. Not there by any stretch but he looks a bit better. Ideally he would be getting 11-13 min of ES toi and 3-4 min of pk toi but the centre depth here is a bit lacking atm.

As has been said Sbisa had had a good 12 games or so. It doesn’t excuse the rest of the abortion of his career which you conveniently ignore.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

...Bubbles goal posts are continually moving^^^^
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:...Bubbles goal posts are continually moving^^^^
Not really but I give you guys an A for effort. I got a sore foot from all the ass I’ve been kicking
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
As has been said Sbisa had had a good 12 games or so. It doesn’t excuse the rest of the abortion of his career which you conveniently ignore.
Conveniently ignored....... how convenient
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Topper wrote: Stalwart Luca Sbisa has the second highest ATOI for the Au Nights
:lol: not sure what the point is here. Are you saying Benning is a moron for exposing him?

Garrison vs. Sbisa:
Garrison had 49 pts (15G) and was +13 in 128 GP for Vancouver playing 21 mins/game and was turned into a 2nd round pick.
Sbisa had 32 pts (7G) and was -4 in 199 GP, playing 18 mins/night and was given away for nothing.

lol it's okay to crawl out of Jimbo's ass for air once in a while.
And now back to the future - Garrison and his $5.5 million is waived and Sbisa is having a stellar year in the final year of $3.6 million per contract

Didn't Yzerman have to throw in picks for LV to take that tire fire off their hands. Garrison - another Gillis beauty. Right up there with Buyout Booith and Buyout Ballard
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:the picks I didn’t like pissed away were the two gifted 2nds in the Sutter and Gudbranson trades. The Vey and Pedan trades and the Forsling blunder. That’s three seconds, a third and a high end young d man.
For the 20th time, the Sutter trade involved a 9-spot pick upgrade. :scowl:

McCann + 2nd for Gudbranson = fair trade.

The Vey trade was actually Garrison for Vey.

(LA wanted a 2nd for Vey so GMJB got one from TB and immediately sent it to LA for Vey)

Pedan was worth a 3rd at the time and helped us get Pouliot.

If Forsling was still here you'd be whining about yet another weeny on the team.

An "offensive" weeny who hasn't done anything in an extremely sheltered role...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:...Bubbles goal posts are continually moving^^^^
OMG so true...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Think this actually belongs in this thread:
Hockey Widow wrote:Pettersson out of the U20 with an injury.
According to Växjö Lakers coach Sam Hallam, Elias is sore and needs to rest. It's nothing serious. They just feel it would be unwise to play the U20 tournament this weekend, as it would have him play several consecutive days, and that might aggravate things.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Per wrote:Think this actually belongs in this thread:
Hockey Widow wrote:Pettersson out of the U20 with an injury.
According to Växjö Lakers coach Sam Hallam, Elias is sore and needs to rest. It's nothing serious. They just feel it would be unwise to play the U20 tournament this weekend, as it would have him play several consecutive days, and that might aggravate things.
Thanks Per. For the update and the correct thread!
The only HW the Canucks need
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Salo has some interesting comments on Juolevi.
Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports

Talked with Sami Salo about Olli Juolevi's development in Finland. Juolevi has 8 points in 10 games for TPS Turku. #Canucks

Salo on Juolevi : "Olli has a lot of puck skills and see's the ice well but still needs to improve his defensive awareness but over-all we are happy with his play." #Canucks

Salo : "He is calm with the puck, he makes those easy quick smart passes and stays away from those difficult passes." #Canucks

Salo on Juolevi's play in his own end : "He's had more ups and downs in that area. He needs to be tougher on loose pucks and being physical in those areas." #Canucks

Salo : "We are working with Olli on his play on his own end, he needs to improve on that for sure if he wants to be a regular NHL defenseman and he has been better in that area. ." #Canucks

Salo can see the potentional in Juolevi to be an NHL defenseman, "Absolutely, especially with his puck skills but it's early to say if he's a top 2 defenseman or a top 3 defenseman." #Canucks
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

When is the last time the Canucks had a defense man that was truly excellent and consistent is his own end?
Ohlund before the eye injury?
Jovonoski ?
Maybe Bieksa was getting there before the first leg cut.
It really has been a while.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote:When is the last time the Canucks had a defense man that was truly excellent and consistent is his own end?
Jovonoski ?
Juolevi is finding out that the upward transition gets harder each level. This should be a great learning year for him. He is a huge Sami Salo fan, has a ton of respect for him. I think he will take to heart these lessons.

Salmi's job is to get him ready for the AHL.
The only HW the Canucks need
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

micky107 wrote:When is the last time the Canucks had a defense man that was truly excellent and consistent is his own end?
Jovonoski ?
Tanev
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Jovonoski ?
Tanev
Ya, point taken.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Jovonoski ?
Tanev
You'll have to forgive Fred. His mind isn't what it was 23 years ago, when he hit retirement age. It is now as sharp as the jello he's served each afternoon at the 3:30 sitting.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.