Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It would be great if one of or both Lind and Gadjovich could make the Canadian team. It sounds like Dipietro is a lock and Lockwood also seems to be as well. Could be a fun tournament with a half dozen prospects to watch.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:Good nights from Lind, Gaudette and Gadjovich. Damn is JimBro slaying with the "later" draft picks. Why he was hired. The previous regime was a tire fire at the draft table, nuff said.
Yup even with Sedins re-signed for years on end by the former regime - awesome work by JB/scouts.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Good nights from Lind, Gaudette and Gadjovich. Damn is JimBro slaying with the "later" draft picks. Why he was hired. The previous regime was a tire fire at the draft table, nuff said.
Yup even with Sedins re-signed for years on end by the former regime - awesome work by JB/scouts.
What the hell do the Sedins contracts have to do with Gadjovich , Lind or Gaudette having good seasons ?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bubbles I know you keep harping on about the Nucks lack of grit - Gaudette, Lind, Gadjovich and Lockwood all play with an edge. Lots of sandpaper there
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Per wrote:Anton Rödin's bad luck continues.

After a good start for Davos in the Swiss league with four points in three games, in game four he crashed into the boards feet first and broke his ancle.
Wow, he sounds like Salo (a glass man) except worst. Probably best he left, his body won't handle the physicality of the NHL.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Bubbles I know you keep harping on about the Nucks lack of grit - Gaudette, Lind, Gadjovich and Lockwood all play with an edge. Lots of sandpaper there
Yeah there is no edge that’s for sure. I see it in a couple of guys you mentioned. Also Macewan is s big strong kid with decent hands apparently. I just see a pretty soft , timid group with no Dorsett and Gudbranson. FTR I think Virtanen is playing decent but I’d like him to play with a bit more tenacity. Pin his ears back and let him punish the opposing D

Still wondering what the Sedins contracts ( which are far from the worst on the team) have yo do with Elmer making a couple decent draft picks. Skyo’s world I guess
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I don't know,but wouldn't this look good on the Canuck powerplay? :|

(And yes, I know this wasn't a powerplay, but it kind of looks like one...)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Scratch one Canuck prospect off the World Jr. tourney roster.

Kole Lind cut from team Canada camp. Cody Glass also cut.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Thank you to a GM who possesses the Geniusness to pick a player - Peterson much to the chagrin of a fan base who was crazed in the head for Cody Glass
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Thank you to a GM who possesses the Geniusness to pick a player - Peterson much to the chagrin of a fan base who was crazed in the head for Cody Glass
By that rationale he should have selected Drake Batherson or Maxime Comtois ahead of Kole Lind as well.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Kole Lind is beast mode, Bubble Tea. Don't you worry, however Pettersen is generational, Cody Glass is Chad Kilger, that's the genius. Lind could very well be a better player than Meh Glass
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

And Kole Lind just getting over mono, obviously not 100% yet - poor kid.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Adam Gaudette will likely join the Canucks if not by the end of this season, absolutely for the start of next season, AG will be 22 by the time the 2018/19 regular NHL season starts.
November 2017 - The 2015 fifth round pick has wasted no time in picking up right where he left off as a sophomore - wracking up bushels of points. The third year player has jumped out of the gates with six goals and 13 points in seven contests - good for third most in the nation. His shot volume has dipped a tad from last season when he peppered 4.4 shots on net per contest while converting on 16 percent of those attmepts. This season, he's putting 3.85 shots per contest while clicking on 22 percent. It'd be nice to see his volume improve and that personal shooting percentage slide down to a more sustainable rate, but we're absolutely nitpicking on early season play. Thus far, Gaudette appears to be the steal of the 2015 crop and will all but asuredly turn pro at the completion of Northeastern's campaign. - Cam Robinson

Two-way type with NHL size, strong character, outstanding work ethic and on-ice tenacity who can put up some decent points.

http://www.dobberprospects.com/adam-gaudette/
He'd be a perfect fit on the 3rd line next year, probably will be a Travis Green fave.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

We need sunglasses...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Dipietro released today.

4 prospects left
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.