Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Carl Yagro »

Highly unlikely... THINK ABOUT IT.

"Did you say 30 goals?"
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:31 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:00 pm Ya it will sting if Rodin puts up 30 goals for the Ducks.
highly unlikely this would happen, he was given multiple chances but things got in the way. I wish him the best and glad he is not taking a roster spot on the Canucks.
30 is a stretch, but he has the skill and hockey smarts to become a more than decent NHL player.
Unfortunately he has had a string of freak accidents resulting in injuries, and it seems the first surgery after that severed knee tendon did something to his skating. I think they redid that though.

Barring new freak injuries I think he should be able to reach the 20 goal, 40 points region, which is not superstar territory but neither to be scoffed at. I wish him good fortune, but had rather seen him wearing an orca.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I've translated another article about Elias Pettersson. This one was published yesterday in Aftonbladet:

”Every journalist in Sweden had my number”

Elias Pettersson on the tremendous season, the injury at the World Championships and his decision to turn down all interviews.

VALBO 2018-08-21
Last season can only be described by one word: a thundering success. (Hey, in Swedish it’s one word – dundersuccé )
But it was also a season that ended as Elias Pettersson crashed into the goal cage at the Royal Arena. Since then the puck genius has been surrounded by silence.

“Every journalist in Sweden had my number, so it felt great to switch it and then just relax”, last season’s most talked about player in Sweden says.

It’s hard not to start with a brief summary of Elias Pettersson’s 2017/18 season, when he stacked victories and records one on top of the other.
The Växjö forward scooped in 56 points in the regular season and another 19 in the playoffs. He won the scoring title and obliterated Kent Nilsson’s 42 year old record for a junior player in the SHL. Then add the trophies for SHL MVP, rookie of the year and playoffs MVP, the Stefan Liv Memorial Trophy. On top of that silver at the WJC, winning the regular season with Växjö and two gold medals – first the Swedish Championship gold with Växjö, then World Championship gold with The Three Crowns.

Now he has had a couple of months to sit back and take in all that has happened.
“There was a lot happening in a very short time, things went very fast last season,” Elias Pettersson says and continues:
“Now I’ve had a great summer, I’ve had time to think about what I accomplished last season and digest it. Some of it I’m proud of.”

It was in many ways an incredible season.
“Absolutely… Yes, I really have to say that, even if I don’t like talking about myself. It was a good season.”

With some perspective, what shines the brightest?
“The greatest thing was winning two golds, both the Worlds and the Swedish Championship. I’ve never won anything big before and to win two big titles like that in the same season is fantastic,” and realizes that he almost forgot something:
“And that Timrå got promoted to the SHL, of course. I’d say there were three great things.”

When the Three Crowns secured the World Championship gold Elias Pettersson had to follow the drama from the sidelines. After a slow start in the tournament he played his best game against Switzerland. But on a breakaway, where Pettersson was to just tip in the puck in an open goal, he crashed into the goal cage.
“I agree I was on a roll then. The tournament started out a bit slow, then things got better and better each game and against Switzerland I felt very fresh. I kept creating opportunities and of course… then that injury came, I broke my thumb. Yeah, what can you say? We won the championship, and that’s what matters, but I had rather been able to continue to play. Then again, injuries happen and you just have to roll with it.”

How tough was it to follow the end of the tournament from the sidelines?
“No big deal, it is what it is. For me it was obvious that I should stay with the team and the best possible outcome was that we won the gold. It was fun. BUT: it would of course have been more fun to be on the ice.”

After the unfortunate collision with the goal cage in the Royal Arena it has been more or less silent about Elias Pettersson. At least in Swedish media. A deliberate decision by the 20-year old who has consistently turned down all interviews this summer.
“Every journalist in Sweden had my number, so it felt great to switch it. There’s been so much happening, so it was great to just relax; think about last season and the next one and just focus on summer practice.”

You gave a lot of interviews last season, is that something you regret?
“Not at all. I have no problems with it, but during the summer I want to take a break and just relax.”

It has been three months since the World Championship final in Copenhagen. Five weeks with the thumb in a cast were followed by three weeks of rehab. Now Elias Pettersson assures us that the broken thumb is fully recovered.

Last Friday, in the tiny NickBack Arena in Valbo, he made a rare appearance. He was part of Peter Forsberg’s Icebreakers that played Nicklas Bäckström’s first team, Valbo HC.
“The money is for a good cause, and it’s fun to be able to be part of this,” Pettersson says after the star studded team has swept the ice with Valbo 11-5 and the line with the Pettersson brothers and Jonathan Dahlén has put on a great show.

Yes, apart from Forsberg, Bäckström, Dahlén and Elias Pettersson older brother Emil was also on the team. One of very few occasions that the the brothers from Ånge have had a chance to play hockey together.
“It was really fun to get to play with my brother. It feels like it only happens in this kind of games, when it’s just for fun, but regardless, it’s always fun to play together.”
Emil and Elias have never really played on the same team, neither on the junior or senior level.
“We’ve always been a year apart, both in Timrå and Växjö. But we’re both young and we have a long career in front of us, so hopefully we get to play together some time in the future,” Elias says.

On Monday already Elias Pettersson flies to Vancouver where the first camps are about to start. His goal is to get a roster spot on the NHL team and play a vital role on the Vancouver Canucks in the years to come.

“Yes, I hope to stay in Vancouver and make the team.”

What happens if you don’t?
“If I don’t, it’s not the end of the world. A lot of players have started out in the AHL and gone on to have great NHL careers.”

So the plan is the AHL if there is no NHL play?
“I want to play in the NHL as soon as possible, but that’s not up to me. I can just go there and do my best and then we’ll see what happens,” Elias Pettersson concludes.
Last edited by Per on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Thanks Per!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ya, Per, that's cool.

Thanks to whoever fixed the site too.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I literally want to slap the SHIT out of the people who ask about AHL etc "What happens if you don’t?" for Pettersson.

Sheesh I remember like it was 2 years ago when HF haters like MS etc I mean Blob were trashing the Canucks prospects like they ain't shit.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:49 am I literally want to slap the SHIT out of the people who ask about AHL etc "What happens if you don’t?" for Pettersson.

Sheesh I remember like it was 2 years ago when HF haters like MS etc I mean Blob were trashing the Canucks prospects like they ain't shit.
Glad you got that off your chest.

Is there a point to your incoherent babbling? :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:49 am I literally want to slap the SHIT out of the people who ask about AHL etc "What happens if you don’t?" for Pettersson.

As in complimenting and defending them? ;)

Tzall good skyo...we know MS is a huge fan and will throw down for the stinky whale
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:28 am

Tzall good skyo...we know MS is a huge fan and will throw down for the stinky whale
If I am MS, Skyo must be Etteduag ot Resseob of whatever the fuck that retard calls himself.

Funny shit. MS used to get abused back at canuckscentral in the WCE days. H had a few epic meltdowns after someone slapped him around multiple times in the HT forum.

Thing is I am actually bullish on several of the Canucks prospects so I don’t know what Skyo is snivelling about.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is Booze McKenzie doing his standard usual Saturday morning hair of the dog triple shot Caesar’s after a swill fest night of throwing down local micro brew 7%’er IPA’s?

Petterson will take this city by storm - generational.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think Shopping Cart was painting the town red last night
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:18 am Is Booze McKenzie doing his standard usual Saturday morning hair of the dog triple shot Caesar’s after a swill fest night of throwing down local micro brew 7%’er IPA’s?

Who skates with him?
And the big Q, Do you let him play center?
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:16 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:28 am

If I am MS, Skyo must be Etteduag ot Resseob of whatever the fuck that retard calls himself.

Funny shit. MS used to get abused back at canuckscentral in the WCE days. H had a few epic meltdowns after someone slapped him around multiple times in the HT forum.

Thing is I am actually bullish on several of the Canucks prospects so I don’t know what Skyo is snivelling about.
Lol na just typing MS was shorter than your handle :lol:

Skyo waking up soon with cotton mouth wondering what the fuck happened last night
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

micky107 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:27 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:18 am Is Booze McKenzie doing his standard usual Saturday morning hair of the dog triple shot Caesar’s after a swill fest night of throwing down local micro brew 7%’er IPA’s?

Who skates with him?
And the big Q, Do you let him play center?
The kid is unreal Mick. It wont really matter who lines up with him
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

;)
"evolution"