Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Mickey107 »

Sorry IN, same time... :oops:
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Drafting Boeser 23rd overall who points per games played in the NHL by a rookie is second only to McDavid but ahead of Laine, Matthews and Gaudreau

Fookin' Genius La
Wrong. He was a rookie last season too. 21 points in 25 GP = .84 PPG. Same as Matthews and RNH. Worse than McDavid, Panarin, Laine and Barzal and Colby Armstrong.
I'm sure I saw it presented the same way as Dude. This version of the rookie points list was on Sportsnet between periods.

But either way, Brock is a very good young player for us and it's impressive he is even comparable to some of the best after his first 25 NHL games.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

Won't join the genius debate, but leading the SEL in scoring at the age of 19... that puts you in rather good company, no matter how you look at it. I'd say that will translate into success also at NHL level. Not saying generational talent, but success.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Bret H wrote:Won't join the genius debate, but leading the SEL in scoring at the age of 19... that puts you in rather good company, no matter how you look at it. I'd say that will translate into success also at NHL level. Not saying generational talent, but success.
For sure. :D
http://www.eliteprospects.com/league_ho ... leagueid=1
"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hank wrote: But either way, Brock is a very good young player for us and it's impressive he is even comparable to some of the best after his first 25 NHL games.
No doubt.

Looking at the top-20 rookie ppg since 2000 and he's in some pretty impressive company at T-13 (with Toews, Matthews and Backstrom.

Only a little bit premature, given the sample size.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Anybody paying attention to Pettersen lately? Wow! Let's just but clear here, Benning is a Genius!
You reply dig hard don’t you. When your not under Doc you are on your knees in front of Benning. How do you have time for work?
Attaboy Reef, whenever someone says something positive... launch a homophobic attack! :thumbs:

Bubbles (RIP) would have been so proud...
Reefer2 wrote: Petty hasn’t played an NHL game and success in any other leagues means jack shit, this is something that I find you have tremendous difficulty in understanding.
Riiiight, so the countless millions of fans/experts who follow player development are the morons!

UMMM... perhaps you, Mr NHL stat-watcher, are the one with "tremendous difficulty in understanding".
Reefer2 wrote: Lol Doc,

When you hold others to the same level as you hold the posters that you disagree with then your comments have merit, until then it means little.
UMMM.... wut?
Reefer2 wrote: Benning is not a genius until his picks make the NHL and contribute to the level they drafted.
Benning is either a genius today or he is not.

He doesn't magically turn into one based upon your ever-changing criteria.

Many times have I given my reasons as to why Lord Benning should be considered a genius.

Today.

No, you don't have to agree...
Reefer2 wrote: Then and only then can you call him genius but Dude doesn’t have any filter, he sees one thing and goes on and on and on like a parrot. If you want another Calgary Puck here where posters have their heads up their ass and only see things one way then that’s your prerogative especially since you are the almighty mod.
KNEEL BEFORE THE ALMIGHTY MOD!! :lol:

You are implying that I am somehow using my mod powers to control opinions posted here. :eh:

Would you mind explaining yourself?

This reminds me of the time you posted about mods editing your posts.

When informed that there is proof this was not happening (mod logs)

... you, in rather weaselly fashion, backed off on your claims.

Please look into the mirror and see that YOU put pressure on people to "only see things one way".

Please think about your constant attacks on the Dude (and others) in this regard.

BTW, I doubt Calpuke allows your brand of homophobic attacks...
Reefer2 wrote: Dude’s posts are so one sided that he offers very little to the thread.

Some can say I don’t as well and that is ok with me
Yes but YOU are the one launching the constant homophobic attacks of late.

YOU are the one implying those who follow player development in other leagues are morons.

(these are the things we are discussing at the moment)

But nice to see you admit that you are a "Polly" who "only see things one way"...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Glad your back Doc, things are boring without you here.

Still dont read your full posts because you can Enron any comment the way you want.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Wrong
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Strangelove wrote:Benning is either a genius today or he is not.
I must agree. You probably noticed that I phrased it more carefully.
Strangelove wrote: Many times have I given my reasons as to why Lord Benning should be considered a genius.

Today.

No, you don't have to agree...
Would you say that your own criteria for genius-level hockey executive function are more process-driven, or results driven ?
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

HNIC panel just talked again about Brock being just behind McDavid re: first 25 games in NHL.

Not in the same league skating-wise in comparison with the others on the list, but hockey IQ is off the charts.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Hank wrote:HNIC panel just talked again about Brock being just behind McDavid re: first 25 games in NHL.

Not in the same league skating-wise in comparison with the others on the list, but hockey IQ is off the charts.
Never will in CM's league, who is?

But there definitely is room for 15-20% improvement, at least.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Nuckles is high on the McDavid Oilers, low on the Boeser Canucks
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Reefer2 wrote: If you want another Calgary Puck here where posters have their heads up their ass and only see things one way then that’s your prerogative especially since you are the almighty mod.
You are implying that I am somehow using my mod powers to control opinions posted here.

Would you mind explaining yourself?

This reminds me of the time you posted about mods editing your posts.

When informed that there is proof this was not happening (mod logs)

... you, in rather weaselly fashion, backed off on your claims.
Glad your back Doc, things are boring without you here.

Still dont read your full posts because you can Enron any comment the way you want.
Some say poster Reefer sometimes plays dumb... but he doesn't play much.

Many simply state that poster Reefer represents the idiocy of today.

But the "Almighty" Strangelove refuses to comment on these things...
____
Try to focus on someday.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Benning is not proven to be a drafting genius until his picks contribute at a higher level than predicted by their draft position, at a higher than average frequency. 'At the level they are drafted' is merely competent (I concede that, given what Vancouver fans have seen over the years, this could look like genius.)

I would submit that Benning is not proven to be a hockey management genius until the team he a) turns a losing team around into a solid, long-term contender in a remarkably short time (and I'd say it's already too late for that), or b) puts together a dynasty. (There being other elements to hockey management besides drafting.)

I'm perfectly happy to 'settle' for "b", but is hasn't happened yet.
I am a little late to the show, but this is a great post. A solid piece of critical thinking. +1
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

DonCherry4PM wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Benning is not proven to be a drafting genius...

I'm perfectly happy to 'settle' for "b", but is hasn't happened yet.
I am a little late to the show, but this is a great post. A solid piece of critical thinking. +1
Thank you, sir.