Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Woo is having s good season, really liking what I’m hearing about his game especially coming from Tim Hunter - “Jett is a real unique kind of player nowadays. You don’t see the guys who play that old school, smash mouth, run over people style. Not a lot of guys are willing to do that anymore, but I think there’s still room for that in the game”

You know this city loves those kind of players, think he will be a fan favourite in short order, will look good on the right side of Hughes. He will energize by running through people while his D partner Hughes is cleared to shake n bake with Petty

Good times cometh for Canuck Nation
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Apparently John Madden’s kid is looking real good in his first year at Northeastern. Another late round steal by the Genius? Woo, Hughes, Lockwood, Madden, DiPietro etc., etc., etc. Too much to comprehend!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

rats19 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:04 am
ukcanuck wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:45 am
rats19 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:26 am
ukcanuck wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:58 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:57 pm
rats19 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:42 pm What do you mean swap?
Nikolay on dee, Nikita on Eli's wing?

Sounds like something the blob would wanna give a whirl. :mrgreen:
Trade both in response to your pump and dump suggestion ?
No no no no no no no. Ono nonononono
Why not? If we dump goldfinger that’s just gonna piss of tryamkyn even more.

And to be honest he seems kinda flakey to anyway. Apparently he’s been stripped of the C in the K, can’t say I know why but that’s gotta raise a red flag.

Do we really want this guy back when maybe we can package these two for more building material?

I dunno just chewing the spit here ...
Spit has no substance..... 8-)
If it is a pump and dump, it ain't spit you are chewing,
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:25 am Apparently John Madden’s kid is looking real good in his first year at Northeastern. Another late round steal by the Genius? Woo, Hughes, Lockwood, Madden, DiPietro etc., etc., etc. Too much to comprehend!
Hughes was a late round steal?

Not one of those guys has played a game in the NHL. Too much to comprehend indeed.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:26 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:25 am Apparently John Madden’s kid is looking real good in his first year at Northeastern. Another late round steal by the Genius? Woo, Hughes, Lockwood, Madden, DiPietro etc., etc., etc. Too much to comprehend!

Not one of those guys has played a game in the NHL. Too much to comprehend indeed.
Put yer head back in the clouds and shut yer mouth
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:04 pm

You go to the Legion today Pacific Blue?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:45 am And to be honest he seems kinda flakey to anyway. Apparently he’s been stripped of the C in the K, can’t say I know why but that’s gotta raise a red flag.
I could be wrong but in the K they seem to fork the C over to the latest big signing.

They gave NT the C after signing him, and now they wanted this season's big signing to have it.

Tree still wears the A though and the owner said Tree is a top candidate for the C down the road.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nikita openly talking about a return to the NHL might have cost him the C

... and if he re-signs over there they may very well give the C back to him.

The reasons he seems to have left were:

(1) Weird Wille and his crazy benchings + non-trust of rookies leading to unfairly low icetime.

(2) Culture shock.

(3) The money being offered was similar (he makes less than $1M in the KHL but it is tax-free I believe)

But now Willie the Weirdo is gone, he's had time to study Van + English from afar, and there's a higher ceiling for future NHL contract$ vs K.

I'd say he's coming back whether Goldie is still here or not.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Listen Booze, I don’t need to pay my respects by gunning it up at the local legion, today is just another excuse for you to tie one on
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:58 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:57 pm
rats19 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:42 pm What do you mean swap?
Nikolay on dee, Nikita on Eli's wing?

Sounds like something the blob would wanna give a whirl. :mrgreen:
Trade both in response to your pump and dump suggestion ?
Yes I know, just having a little fun with my good buddy Blobert McK. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:21 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:45 am And to be honest he seems kinda flakey to anyway. Apparently he’s been stripped of the C in the K, can’t say I know why but that’s gotta raise a red flag.
I could be wrong but in the K they seem to fork the C over to the latest big signing.

They gave NT the C after signing, and now they wanted this season's big signing to have it.

Tree still wears the A though and the owner said Tree is a top candidate for the C down the road.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nikita openly talking about a return to the NHL might have cost him the C

... and if he re-signs over there they may very well give the C back to him.

The reasons he seems to have left were:

(1) Weird Wille and his crazy benchings + non-trust of rookies leading to unfairly low icetime.

(2) Culture shock.

(3) The money being offered was similar (he makes less than $1M in the KHL but it is tax-free I believe)

But now Willie the Weirdo is gone, he's had time to study Van + English from afar, and a there is a higher ceiling for future NHL contract$ vs K.

I'd say he's coming back whether Goldie is still here or not.
The Russkies are a little different and are the worst at a adapting to a new culture. Tree seems to fall into this category. Hopefully he’s just really immature cause there is way too much raw talent there to give up. The sky is the limit for this kid if he’d just realize it, hopefully he doesn’t throw that away due to a bad Russian attitude
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Listen Booze, I don’t need to pay my respects by gunning it up at the local legion, today is just another excuse for you to tie one on
I thought you’d be gowed up at the Legion pounding on a table for the waitress to refill your pitcher of draft and deciding on chicken tenders or the double burger for lunch. Salad or fries? Your wife is giving you the stink eye and wonders why you’ve gone to the bathroom four times in the last hour. The sniffling and snorting along with the white residue around your nostrils speak of a long night and a lot of boozing in the hours ahead. As you approach your mid 50s you are oblivious to how bulbous and veiny your Abe Vigoda snout has become. The skullett under the touque looks greasy and matted. Another call to Sketchy Pete to reload and obviously another trip to the beer store is in your future. Mix in some food my friend as it makes the trip down somewhat easier.

Try to stop pounding sweat at room temperature in November
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hahahaha holy fuck man thats such a burn.

Dude are you sweating about how accurate that is or...
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:50 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:21 pm

I thought you’d be gowed up at the Legion pounding on a table for the waitress to refill your pitcher of draft and deciding on chicken tenders or the double burger for lunch. Salad or fries? Your wife is giving you the stink eye and wonders why you’ve gone to the bathroom four times in the last hour. The sniffling and snorting along with the white residue around your nostrils speak of a long night and a lot of boozing in the hours ahead. As you approach your mid 50s you are oblivious to how bulbous and veiny your Abe Vigoda snout has become. The skullett under the touque looks greasy and matted. Another call to Sketchy Pete to reload and obviously another trip to the beer store is in your future. Mix in some food my friend as it makes the trip down somewhat easier.

Try to stop pounding sweat at room temperature in November
Nobody could write something like this without experiencing it for themselves routinely
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

It does sound like the voice of experience :D
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:50 pm
I thought you’d be gowed up at the Legion pounding on a table for the waitress to refill your pitcher of draft and deciding on chicken tenders or the double burger for lunch.
Waitress?

At the Legion?

You must really be a regular to get that kind of service!