Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO stopped drinking way back in his shopping cart daze. He’s simply chronic now, video games, east van chillin with Kendrick Lamar is his scene now.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Has the eagle landed yet?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Young Stars roster announced (Penticton Sept 7 to 9)

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canuck ... -299868114
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Per wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:44 am Has the eagle landed yet?
Shouldn’t the question be, has the alien landed yet?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:19 am Young Stars roster announced (Penticton Sept 7 to 9)

According to that list we will only have two centres at the YSC. Gaudette and Petterson. D is pretty light. Is it usually such a small roster?
The only HW the Canucks need
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:15 pm
Cornuck wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:19 am Young Stars roster announced (Penticton Sept 7 to 9)

According to that list we will only have two centres at the YSC. Gaudette and Petterson. D is pretty light. Is it usually such a small roster?
I thought Lind was a centre in junior, guess I was wrong.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:15 pm

It’s 14 forwards, 8 d and 2 goalies. MacEwen played centre in junior and I believe McMaster played there in college. Probably giving both guys a long look there.

I don’t think four healthy scratches is a bad thing. It would be kinda shitty to have 6 or 8 guys sitting around with their fingers in their ass

Fuck Lowe and Burke for being crybabies because the tournament isn’t on a rotation
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

2019/20 Is the year we get really young, can't see Dahlen, Lind, Gaudette not on the club and Hughes will arrive along with Demko.

I think Strategically suppressing the talent and keeping many of the future core in AHL is a frustrating thing to watch as a fan, Gaudette will be 22 this year. However one more year of finishing in the bottom 10 will give us a good chance at getting another star player. This might be the hardest year to endure so far with so much talent ready to get a chance at the big show, but left on the launchpad.

I like Cozens, Byram, Kakko, Krebs, Dach, Robertson, Turcotte, Newhook and obviously JH. Landing another big d like Byram or Robertson would be fantastic or getting a big strong offensive centre like Cozens would be pushing us over the top with high end potential forwards.

I really think this will be the last year for some time that we see the Canucks in a great drafting position, the last year before we see a real changing of the guard and a new core starts to build.

This is all about watching Boeser continue to build on a great year. A potential super star in Elias Pettersson breaking into the league and seeing how Demko, Guadette Dahlen, Juolevi, do when given the chance to play up. Way more interesting story lines this year for our young guns.

For the start of the season Goldobin and Liepsic are the big question marks for me - will they be Canucks in November?

Trading any part of these young guns for a Karelsson is complete insanity- When the leaves signed JT this year it was the perfect timing, they have an established group of young stars with good contracts, this was perfect timing. JT is a player that can push a group like this to the next level of a deep playoff run and very possible Stanley Cup finals birth. If some of our high end prospects hit this could be the Canucks in a few years, oh yeah and the leaves did not have to give up any players to get him!

If the Canucks want to take on salary for picks as a third party this makes sense!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

DHA wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:53 am
If the Canucks want to take on salary for picks as a third party this makes sense!
The team needs to be careful on this part now, only 1 - 2 years can they take on bad salary as they will be needing the space in 3 - 4 years from now to sign our players and go after any FA we need (the next JT).
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:17 pm
The team needs to be careful on this part now, only 1 - 2 years can they take on bad salary as they will be needing the space in 3 - 4 years from now to sign our players and go after any FA we need (the next JT).
I don’t think bad salary for picks is gonna happen, it’s too hard to compete with Arizona, and Carolina in that department.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I really think this will be the last year for some time that we see the Canucks in a great drafting position, the last year before we see a real changing of the guard and a new core starts to build.
I agree with most of the rest of your post, but I disagree with this part - the draft lottery has totally thrown a wrench in tanking for draft position.

Since the new rules came in, each year has seen at least one non-bottom 3 team win the lottery for a top-3 pick. Somebody's going to jump up by 4 to 11 spots in the lottery.

So the reality is, the Canucks can just miss the playoffs and still wind up with great drafting position.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

ESQ wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:25 pm
I agree with most of the rest of your post, but I disagree with this part - the draft lottery has totally thrown a wrench in tanking for draft position.

Since the new rules came in, each year has seen at least one non-bottom 3 team win the lottery for a top-3 pick. Somebody's going to jump up by 4 to 11 spots in the lottery.

So the reality is, the Canucks can just miss the playoffs and still wind up with great drafting position.
A lot of Winnipeg’s success is because of this, Dallas and philly as well.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jett Woo.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=187372
Look at the +/-
Too bad he has to go back.
This kid could play in Utica right now.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Pretty stoked about this kid lining up on our blue line. The team hasnt drafted a hitter since edler or bxa
If you need air...call it in