Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

All the other Pacific Division teams farm teams are out West, mostly California area so it makes sense to be out here as well.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:55 am All the other Pacific Division teams farm teams are out West, mostly California area so it makes sense to be out here as well.
But away from the microscope.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Pettersson scores in overtime to make it a clean sweep against Malmö in the semi final.
He definitely has some slick moves!

He also assisted on Växjö's first goal.

https://www.shl.se/play/video/27037198

The question now is whether they will face Djurgården or Skellefteå in the final.
Either way, I will root for Växjö as I hate both possible opponents. :evil:

Also, I would like Elias to win as much as possible. 8-)

And thirdly, Rahimi, who started his career in Björklöven, may finally get to win something... :lol:
Last edited by Per on Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Next year is going to be exciting, Pettersson is the real deal, let's get that out of the way. Juolevi and Virtanen closing their seasons strong. Dahlen looks very promising. Demko, Brock and Bo and a Hobey Baker guy! 2018 top 10 pick! Let's get the party started!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Man that kid has some crazy skills. Wow!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Yes great skill, and yet another big ice goal. I know he'll get stronger and handle the small ice, but I'm not sure how quickly he transitions to the small ice.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:48 pm Yes great skill, and yet another big ice goal. I know he'll get stronger and handle the small ice, but I'm not sure how quickly he transitions to the small ice.
His timing will be off for sure. He seems to play a very heady game as well, sees the ice and makes some great passes. So it’s not simply about his speed!

He did perform well at the WJC, especially as the tournament progressed. Yes it was against boys but he did seem to adjust well.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ESQ wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:47 am Beauty big-time goal from Elias!

https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/983015169675546626
Yup. Most goals he scores come from his lethal top shelf shots, often one timers, but he does have some sick moves as well.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

How soon will we see Jonathan in Utica?

Pettersson still has the SHL final left, and after that most people assume he will get to play at the World Championships.

Speaking of which.....

The snake-bitten Anton Rödin, who broke his ancle after playing just six games for Davos in Switzerland, healed up in time to play six playoff games for them as well, scoring three goals and four assists.

This gave him a chance to prove himself as the Swedish national team, the Three Crowns, faced Slovakia in two practice games ahead of the world championships. After 0.58 minutes of ice time he injured his hand. :(

I really feel sorry for this guy.

He is tremendously gifted, but the injuries just keep coming, and he never gets a chance to really establish himself.
SHL MVP in 2015/16, after that - injuries, injuries, injuries.

Keeping my fingers crossed it's nothing serious with his hand and that he will get to play at the world championships to showcase himself.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Thanks for the updates, Per

Tough luck for Rodin, again.

Word out of Van yesterday from Dhaliwal was that Dahlen would take a few days off before traveling to Utica. :thumbs:

Playoffs start next week for the Comets, and they're about to receive a handful of top reinforcements in the coming days.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

BladesofSteel wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:33 amPlayoffs start next week for the Comets, and they're about to receive a handful of top reinforcements in the coming days.
Goldobin, Boucher, Sautner were call-ups so they'll go back. Motte was papered, so he can go as well. Is Leipsic papered? Haven't seen anything to say that he is. Archibald may need waivers iirc.

Gaudette is going back to school. Nothing wrong with that. Lind and Jasek are there. Dahlen will eventually make it there. Wonder if Gadjovich or Brassard get the offer?

I daresay Pettersson, and perhaps Juolevi, will most likely head to the World Championships than Utica. Wonder if Palmu is an option?

It could create a logjam in Utica, but after seeing Ryan Johnson jump through his own sphincter scrounging live bodies to form a roster in Utica this season, it will be good to see him have some options courtesy of the prospect pipeline.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Boucher has a broken hand and Gadjovich is still in the OHL playoffs. Brett McKenzie is also an option, who also plays for Owen Sound.

Sautner will also be re-assigned.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Topper wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:48 pm Yes great skill, and yet another big ice goal. I know he'll get stronger and handle the small ice, but I'm not sure how quickly he transitions to the small ice.
I agree there’ll be an adjustment period for him, however he should still be pretty deadly on the power play.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:40 am
I agree there’ll be an adjustment period for him, however he should still be pretty deadly on the power play.
I don't consider that ot wrap around to be a "big ice" goal. He's got hands and speed which may be elite enough to keep him safe on the small ice.