Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:24 am I think MacEwen will take Goldie’s place, he’s showing like power forward with a scoring touch. Lukas Jasek is another one that might surprise people next year.
I, for one, can not wait for goldy to be jettisoned. I really don't care who replaces him at this point. I just don't understand the continued infatuation with the guy, especially amongst many members of the media. Serious question: does anyone know his point totals without Petey? That's about all that matters because we all know he does the square root of jack squat without the puck. Reminds me of Fedor Fedorov who, for a very brief time, this market was also in total love with.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:37 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:14 pm I'll go check out the Woo for everyone tonight!
And on Jan 24th, should see how this dude Brett Leason does for the Prince Albert Raiders, #20.
19th, PA is running away with the West. They have a really strong team! Should be there for that one as well.

Woo had a great game, that being said the Rockets are struggling mightily right now as they look to load up for next year. Dropped all their 20 year olds and are giving a lot of ice time to younger players.

Either way Woo looked really good, great skater and an excellent passer. He and Brook were out 95% of the time on D for MJ it seemed. Woo runs the PP from the point, not a huge cannon but distributes the puck and gets his shot through when needed.

He's only 6' but is really strong, being a RHS is great and he played best on the right side for sure.

Finished the night with a goal and an assist and was named first star! Good performance for the prospect!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Succinct analysis Aaron.

It brings a tear to my eye to think that finally reef has an asian descent role model to think of while bouncing quarters off his gut
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Aaronp18 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:52 am
SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:37 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:14 pm I'll go check out the Woo for everyone tonight!
And on Jan 24th, should see how this dude Brett Leason does for the Prince Albert Raiders, #20.
19th, PA is running away with the West. They have a really strong team! Should be there for that one as well.

Woo had a great game, that being said the Rockets are struggling mightily right now as they look to load up for next year. Dropped all their 20 year olds and are giving a lot of ice time to younger players.

Either way Woo looked really good, great skater and an excellent passer. He and Brook were out 95% of the time on D for MJ it seemed. Woo runs the PP from the point, not a huge cannon but distributes the puck and gets his shot through when needed.

He's only 6' but is really strong, being a RHS is great and he played best on the right side for sure.

Finished the night with a goal and an assist and was named first star! Good performance for the prospect!
Nice thanks AP, WOo could be a good partna for Juolevi in a couple years, a future solid 2nd pairing d pair.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Biech:

Michigan took a big hit as their No. 1C is out for season. They’re under .500 & only so much return of Q. Hughes can do. Highly unlikely they make Regionals so could be Hughes time later this year. Would hope he plays under 11 games to keep him expansion draft exempt.
Q. Hughes team lost their #1C for the season, so they might not go far into the tournament, making Q avail to sign the Canucks earlier, just gotta hope he plays less than 11 NHL games so he can be expansion draft exempt.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:55 am Succinct analysis Aaron.

It brings a tear to my eye to think that finally reef has an asian descent role model to think of while bouncing quarters off his gut
Yellow fever.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

SKYO wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:26 am
Biech:

Michigan took a big hit as their No. 1C is out for season. They’re under .500 & only so much return of Q. Hughes can do. Highly unlikely they make Regionals so could be Hughes time later this year. Would hope he plays under 11 games to keep him expansion draft exempt.
Q. Hughes team lost their #1C for the season, so they might not go far into the tournament, making Q avail to sign the Canucks earlier, just gotta hope he plays less than 11 NHL games so he can be expansion draft exempt.
Is this confirmed? I've hear it both ways from various people on the radio, in print and over twitter and the rest of the interweb - I hope the Canucks do their homework and make 100% for sure whether or not they have to protect him.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

vic wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:35 am
Biech:

Is this confirmed? I've hear it both ways from various people on the radio, in print and over twitter and the rest of the interweb - I hope the Canucks do their homework and make 100% for sure whether or not they have to protect him.
It makes sense, as a rookie can play what 9,10,11 NHL games & it not count as a season or something to that effect? So if Hughes plays 11 or less this season, then his real rookie season will be next season, then those two years or under make him exempt from the 2021 expansion draft.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

vic wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:35 am
Biech:

Yeah, there's a lot of confusion out there.

I checked a few days ago and I can personally guarantee you (FWIW) that if Hughes plays so much as one NHL/AHL game this season

.... we'll have to protect him in the 2021 expansion draft.

It has to do with him turning 20 in the calendar year he signs + playing a professional game by the end of the 2018-19 season.

I remember... when we thought the draft would be in 2020... saying that Dahlen would have to have been protected for the same reason.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Then heres to seeing him next fall. :cheers:
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:56 pm Then heres to seeing him next fall. :cheers:
Well I could foresee us protecting Hughes, Juolevi, and Tryamkin,

I want to extend Edler for 2 years so that he becomes a UFA in 2021.

That way we wouldn't have to use a spot on him

… and though he'd become a UFA, we could still re-sign him because he loves it here.

(I mean if we choose to re-sign him)

Gudbranson is scheduled to be a UFA in 2021, so same deal there (he might split though).

Extend Tanev for ~ 4 years and trade him before the expansion draft??

Trade Smiley Party Boy sooner than later while his value is high.

Woo and Rathbone won’t require protection, and they might be close to the NHL by then.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Would anybody here consider trading joulevi for fabbro? I haven’t watched a lot of fabbro to know if he’ll be a for sure nhl defender like I think joulevi will be, but it would help strengthen the right side while not having to use a protection spot on him.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:46 pm Would anybody here consider trading joulevi for fabbro? I haven’t watched a lot of fabbro to know if he’ll be a for sure nhl defender like I think joulevi will be, but it would help strengthen the right side while not having to use a protection spot on him.
I don't know anything about Fabbro, and I see what you're getting at, but I figure Tree will play on the right side.

(he prefers the right side)
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:55 am Succinct analysis Aaron.

I am an equal opportunity type of guy.

But good to hear about Woo
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:26 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:56 pm Then heres to seeing him next fall. :cheers:
Well I could foresee us protecting Hughes, Juolevi, and Tryamkin
Ryan Biech is an astute hockey fella and reads all the CBA, NHL rules yada yada, he says Hughes will not have to be protected if he plays under 11 games THIS NHL season.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So we will be protecting (new dman), Juolevi and Tryamkin in the 2021 exp draft. :thumbs: