Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefers conclusions are drawn by the opinions of others. “It’s popular to hate Edler. So I must hate Edler” there is zero independent thought within Reefers construct.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:44 pm Reefers conclusions are drawn by the opinions of others. “It’s popular to hate Edler. So I must hate Edler” there is zero independent thought within Reefers construct.
Sure
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:44 pm Reefers conclusions are drawn by the opinions of others. “It’s popular to hate Edler. So I must hate Edler” there is zero independent thought within Reefers construct.
You also hated Edler’s contract and thought the Eriksson deal, the Gudbranson contract and Sutter contract were awesome.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:33 pm
You also hated Edler’s contract and thought the Eriksson deal, the Gudbranson contract and Sutter contract were awesome.
We were talking about reefers inability to form an opinion of his own design, he’s the classic, tag-along
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:43 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:33 pm
We were talking about reefers inability to form an opinion of his own design, he’s the classic, tag-along
Lol coming from you that is rich.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:28 pm
Sure
I'm glad you agree.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I'm just amazed that people are discussing Edler under the heading "Young Guns".

But, sure, he's younger than me. It's all relative. :mex:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:09 am I'm just amazed that people are discussing Edler under the heading "Young Guns".

But, sure, he's younger than me. It's all relative. :mex:
And that his knowledge of the league and how to come back from serious injury, surgery can be beneficial to the young defense men.
Not to mention the fact he's still better than all of them at this juncture in time, so they can learn from him.

So you see; we're not derailing a thread at all. ARE WE PER? :devil:
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:20 pm Edler was a freaking fire drill for so many years. He was never a true #1 regardless of others hopes and dreams. Cannot wait for him to leave, then this team has really moved on.
I'd agree Edler's not really a #1 guy, but at the same time, I think he's easily our best D-man. Well, him and Tanev are pretty close. Without Eagle back there, we'd just have Del Zots, Hutty and Pooalot on that left side. Now that is scary, scary bad. :oops:
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

is anyone going to the Young Guns tourney in Pentiction? (sure be nice to have a first hand account of our prospects)

…. and also does anyone know where they are live streaming the games??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:23 pm is anyone going to the Young Guns tourney in Pentiction? (sure be nice to have a first hand account of our prospects)

Blob will be playing a mixed, slow pitch tourney up there around the same time. They call Blob the white man Cecil Fielder for trying to go yard every time at bat and for his massive beer belly
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:32 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:23 pm is anyone going to the Young Guns tourney in Pentiction? (sure be nice to have a first hand account of our prospects)

Blob will be playing a mixed, slow pitch tourney up there around the same time. They call Blob the white man Cecil Fielder for trying to go yard every time at bat and for his massive beer belly
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob is more like Mike Trout

Pack B is a little like Foghorn Leghorn with the shitbag and the tiny bird legs
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Just checked, and it's in freaking September! :evil:

I need my fix now! :cry:

If I were in Umeå I'd go watch Björklöven play Skellefteå tonight.
Fierce rivalry, and since they don't play in the same league anymore, pre-season is the only time they can fight it out.

Maybe I can find a live stream somewhere..... :oops:
Last edited by Per on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Alex Edler's skills emanate a Stanley Cup championship play:

- big, Eddie is a Rob Blake sized 6'3 - 215lbs after a pound of spaghetti.

- bruiser and can score 30+ points, it's a reason why Yzerman 'allegedly' wanted him...but likely wanted to pay like a cheap asshole.

Eagle is the epitome of a top 4 dman, and we can thank Green/Baumer/Brown on this as they really wanted him back at his 2011 workhorse play.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.