Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:53 pm Lol little troll says I should be ecstatic about a fifth coming back with Real Dud when a 1st, a 2nd and 4th went to Florida. But the 5th is the most valuable piece.

WHAT AN IDIOT !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !! :lol: :lol:
Bubble Tea, I have witnessed copious amounts of vitriol postings from you regarding your disgust for having to give up the 5th for Prust. Just find it peculiar that you always fail to mention the 5th we got back in the Gudbranson trade when you are constantly breaking down the trade to ad nauseam.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Similar to yourself saying the trade was just McCann for Real Dud ? You rarely if ever bring up the 2nd and 4th and when you do bring up the 2nd you say well JimBlow got Dahlen for Burrows so that’s the 2nd.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:10 pm Similar to yourself saying the trade was just McCann for Real Dud ? You rarely if ever bring up the 2nd and 4th and when you do bring up the 2nd you say well JimBlow got Dahlen for Burrows so that’s the 2nd.
No you keep going on about what we could have had with the 2nd but Jimbro more than made up for that in the Dahlen trade in which for some reason hardly ever gets mentioned by you. I know, stay on topic right? The agenda doesn't work that way if we all look at the big picture. Snippets, yeah baby, snippets, cut and paste, edit. Small sample sizes says all
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Bro Burrows is on waivers right now, so Pettersson should just wear #14 if he wants with the Canucks.
Jul 2017 EP on the #14:
I wore 14 in Sweden, but Burrows wore that for #Canucks. I'll find another number. Any suggestions?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Excerpt from an article by Fredrik Jonsson in Kvällsposten (my translation):
”Elias Pettersson has the propensities to become a really really good hockey player by NHL standards,” says C-More hockey expert Arto Blomsten.
The Växjö Lakers are charging ahead toward finishing first in the regular season for the second year running.

But it’s just not the team that is impressing. In their 5-0 victory against Rögle this Tuesday Elias Pettersson scored his 48th point this season to tie Peter Forsberg’s best season as a junior in 1992/93.

Kenta Nilsson’s record of 54 points in 1975/76 is within reach.

“An awfully good player with lots of tools. It’s not just his hands or technique but above all his understanding of the game. Finding areas and team mates, that’s what impresses the most,” says Arto Blomsten of the 19-year old, who was in the discussion for a place on the Olympic team.

Elias Pettersson was picked by the Vancouver Canucks as fifth overall in the first round of the NHL draft last summer. His contract with Växjö is for two more seasons and Arto Blomsten thinks that Pettersson – despite the thundering success – would do wisely to stay in the SHL for at least one more year.
“I think they are smart enough to let him play one more season in Växjö before heading over.”

Does he need that?
“Yeah, I think so. I think he physically needs to reach another level before he can do the same things in the NHL that he does here.”

How good can he get?
“What do I know of injuries and other shit, but he has the propensities to be a really really good hockey player by NHL standards. But where it ends up is impossible to say. All the pieces need to fall into place, but he has the propensity.”
https://www.expressen.se/kvallsposten/s ... toppa-dem/
Last edited by Per on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

And another little notice, this one from Sundsvalls Tidning:
SHL | 27 feb
Two new points against Rögle – Now Elias Pettersson is side by side with Foppa: ”Amazing, he was my idol”

Elias Pettersson, 19, already had the points record for a junior player in the SHL in the 21st century.
Tonight he also caught up with the legend Peter Forsberg.

Only Kent Nilsson’s 54 points still overshadow the Växjö star’s amazing 48 points record.

Elias Pettersson was recorded for a goal and an assist when the league leading Växjö crushed Rögle 5-0 in the SHL last night.

In the same instant the super talent reached a shared second place for points scored in one season by a junior player in the highest Swedish league.
Djurgården’s Kent Nilsson is still in the lead with his 54 points in 1975/76, but is trailed by Elias Pettersson and Peter Forsberg (1992/93) with 48 points each.

“It’s amazing, he was my first idol, to tie his record is huge for me. I’m really happy about this,” Elias Pettersson tells Sportexpressen.
Tonight the Växjö star passed Henrik Sedin’s 47 points from the 1999/2000 season.

The Ånge native’s 19 goals and 29 assists are also enough for a tied second place in the current SHL points league. Only Ryan Lasch of Frölunda is ahead of him with 51 points (14+37).

It should be noted that Kent Nilsson scored his 54 points (28+26) in just 36 games. Thus a much higher PPG average than the others on the list.

Petter Öhrling
mittmedia.se
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Looking good Per, will he be on the team next season or need a year down in Utica.

on one hand I want him up on the big team to jump start the rebuild but the other part of me thinks "do we want him to be part of this current mess"?
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Per wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:24 am “What do I know of injuries and other shit”
God, I love Swedish journalism!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Thanks Per. From the little I've seen of Elias, I'd prefer him in Utica or Vancouver next season. He needs to play on small ice where his time and space will be limited.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

After watching this, he is still the skinniest pro hockey player I've ever seen.

At the end of the video, he says he hasn't decided yet what he'll do next year, which makes me think he's cautious about his physical development - as he should be.

Foppa spent 3 years in the SHL post- draft, coming over when he was 22, I wouldn't have a problem with Elias following that development path. Is far prefer that to Elias getting run by some AHL scrub.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

If you got the high skill level with good IQ, it doesn't matter what size/weight you are, you can be 6'5 230lbs and play like shit in the NHL getting smoked, or you can be 5'9 170lbs and be an elite scoring forward.

Hell I've said this before but one of the highest scoring dmen this year is 6'2 180lbs in Klingberg.

Even Tampa is littered with small skinny guys up front Gourde, Johnson, Kuch, Brayden Point - all playing well with their skills and knowledge of the game. However just like LA, TBL's defense has the big size and mass - Hedman, Dotchin, Coburn, Sergachev, Sustr, McDonagh is 216lbs. So take note of that mgmt, need more size on D with a few high caliber QB's.

That said I think the Canucks sign and bring Pettersson over and see what he can do this preseason/training camp, but typically high scoring players have a better/quicker transition to the pro's, so all EP has to do is stay in tip top shape over the summer, add some lean muscle, core training, skating yadayada.
Last edited by SKYO on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah he has legs like pool cues and arms like buggy whips. Kid needs 20-25 lbs and that could take 2-3 years. Makes Sutter look like a gorilla. I wouldn’t be in a rush to get him over here until he’s at least 180 lbs.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Topper wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:04 am Thanks Per. From the little I've seen of Elias, I'd prefer him in Utica or Vancouver next season. He needs to play on small ice where his time and space will be limited.
I agree that he should start learning the smaller ice game, but
ESQ wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:20 am After watching this, he is still the skinniest pro hockey player I've ever seen.

At the end of the video, he says he hasn't decided yet what he'll do next year, which makes me think he's cautious about his physical development - as he should be.

Foppa spent 3 years in the SHL post- draft, coming over when he was 22, I wouldn't have a problem with Elias following that development path. Is far prefer that to Elias getting run by some AHL scrub.
is also an important concern.

If the Canucks decide to bring him over to North America, they have to be aware that neither league would show much interest in protecting him.
I think they would be well-advised to deploy a thermonuclear deterrent crazy goon on his line, whether said goon can play hockey or not. Heck, I'm starting to worry about Beoser.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:20 amFoppa spent 3 years in the SHL post- draft, coming over when he was 22, I wouldn't have a problem with Elias following that development path. Is far prefer that to Elias getting run by some AHL scrub.
Except Foppa played a much different game than Pettersson, Forsberg played like an elite power forward, powering his way to score and creating his setups. Whereas Pettersson plays a finesse game and thinks the game at a high level, an on ice chess master, his agility and skills should help him be a pro quicker than you imagine.

Plus he'll have half a year about to get more muscle/speed before Canucks camp.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

SKYO wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:59 pm
Except Foppa played a much different game than Pettersson, Forsberg played like an elite power forward, powering his way to score and creating his setups. Whereas Pettersson plays a finesse game and thinks the game at a high level, an on ice chess master, his agility and skills should help him be a pro quicker than you imagine.

Plus he'll have half a year about to get more muscle/speed before Canucks camp.
I always considered Foppa more of an elite set-up guy - he never got more than 30 goals, but was always good for 50-70 assists.

There's no doubt that Elias's skill (or apparent skill, since I haven't seen him play) will equalize things a bit, but he's currently built like a 15-year old. From what I could see in that video, he hasn't gained an ounce since the draft.