Canucks trade MCCann for Gudbranson

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Canucks trade MCCann for Gudbranson

Post by Arachnid » Tue May 31, 2016 5:54 am

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
micky107 wrote:It really is all in good fun, but don't tell him that. ;)
Yeah, boyz will be boyz. :D
Dullsville™ Daddio 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

micky107
CC Legend

Post by micky107 » Tue May 31, 2016 7:23 am

Arachnid wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
micky107 wrote:It really is all in good fun, but don't tell him that. ;)
Yeah, boyz will be boyz. :D
Dullsville™ Daddio 8-)
Wait for it... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"evolution"

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman » Tue May 31, 2016 9:48 am

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Word is the trade was made quickly over 48 hours which was sparked by Florida casually bringing up McCanns name. Canucks wanted to get the deal done quickly before other teams like the Oilers were made aware as both the oilers and Canucks have been kicking the tires on Barrie lately. Just find it odd you say that the Oilers offered Yak and a 2nd when no other team was bidding on Gudbranson but the Canucks.
How about this.

Benning was trying all over the league to trade McCann+ for a top-4 RHD.

Meanwhile Florida had been in secret talks with Oilers/Leaves in regards to Gudbranson.

Florida hears about Benning's efforts and they like McCann (for the reasons HW says).

Florida tells Benning that if he wants to beat offers from Oilers/Leaves

... it's gonna hafta be McCann + 33rd as the basis of a trade.

48 hours later.... :mex:

Seriously Dude... HW has proven herself to be THE BEST inside source on Canucks for over a decade!

Are you jelly or wut??

Talk to me Dude, what's going on big feller.
Totally agree with Strange on this one. The Widow's posts are a part of what keeps me on this board. She tells us a trade is brewing and then....voila! Dude is not acting like the Dude. Also, does anyone know anymore about the report on Sportsnet that Brower is looking to come West to Van?

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman » Tue May 31, 2016 10:19 am

I smell blood between Strange and the Mouse. Taking on Doc is a risky move Mouse but go for it. I am not real sure about 'all in good fun' part but WTF? At the very least it will replace Blob and Dude, or if not replace, at least add to the chum and stir up other frustrated fish. Life is getting interesting on the Chuk. Rather watch than play frankly. I will grab me some popcorn as well.

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Tue May 31, 2016 1:44 pm

damonberryman wrote: Totally agree with Strange on this one. The Widow's posts are a part of what keeps me on this board. She tells us a trade is brewing and then....voila! Dude is not acting like the Dude. Also, does anyone know anymore about the report on Sportsnet that Brower is looking to come West to Van?
Yeah, I just read that.....interesting.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/troy ... r-canucks/

I don't think it's a smart move by Benning if he pursues Brouwer though. The guy is 30 years old and made $3.6M last season, he will want the same salary at the very least, but he's not a top-6 forward, though he might be on our team I suppose.

I've always liked Brouwer, he has decent speed, a good physical game, above average hands, and zero fear of the crease. and if we could somehow unload Burrows, then I see a place for him here as his skillset would probably lend itself to riding shotgun with the Sedins or shoring up a wing on a line with Horvat and Baertschi.

The downside is that no matter what, if you sign Brouwer you are going to be getting a player that will see his foot speed begin to drop off in a year or two and we could ultimately end up with just another vet who is eating up cap space we need for kids like Virtanen and Horvat.

That being said, if you trade Hansen, and also manage to unload Higgins, without any salary coming back, I would say take Brouwer on a 2-3 year deal.....he would make Dorsett expendable too.

Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tciso » Tue May 31, 2016 2:48 pm

Meds wrote:
The downside is that no matter what, if you sign Brouwer you are going to be getting a player that will see his foot speed begin to drop off in a year or two and we could ultimately end up with just another vet who is eating up cap space we need for kids like Virtanen and Horvat.

That being said, if you trade Hansen, and also manage to unload Higgins, without any salary coming back, I would say take Brouwer on a 2-3 year deal.....he would make Dorsett expendable too.
Dorsett's contract makes Dorsett expendable :) I like what he brings to the 4th line, but we are paying him an easy $500k too much. And, I agree that Brower is going to be slowing down. If we get him, I hope we learned from Higgin's and Burrow's 4 year contract to aging vets, and get him for 3 years or less.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue May 31, 2016 4:56 pm

damonberryman wrote:I smell blood between Strange and the Mouse. Taking on Doc is a risky move Mouse but go for it. I am not real sure about 'all in good fun' part but WTF? At the very least it will replace Blob and Dude, or if not replace, at least add to the chum and stir up other frustrated fish. Life is getting interesting on the Chuk. Rather watch than play frankly. I will grab me some popcorn as well.
I don't smell blood , I smell urine. Doc had a river of piss running down his leg when Mickey Mouse was unloading on him.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop » Tue May 31, 2016 5:05 pm

Tciso wrote:
Dorsett's contract makes Dorsett expendable :) I like what he brings to the 4th line, but we are paying him an easy $500k too much. And, I agree that Brower is going to be slowing down. If we get him, I hope we learned from Higgin's and Burrow's 4 year contract to aging vets, and get him for 3 years or less.
Isn't that one of the main reasons why Dorsett got $500k more per season? Unlike Higgins and Burrows, Dorsett does not have a NTC and his contract expires before he hits 33 years old.

Unfortunately, veteran players like Brouwer will want either longer term with less money or shorter term with more money.

Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:51 am

Has Gudbranson spoke to the media yet?
I gotta admit I respect a man that respects his own vacation time. Two tweets and no interviews, to the best of my knowledge. I like the kid so far.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:15 am

Mr.Miyagi wrote:Has Gudbranson spoke to the media yet?
I gotta admit I respect a man that respects his own vacation time. Two tweets and no interviews, to the best of my knowledge. I like the kid so far.
He seems too nice...I miss the asshole we traded for him :roll:

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2016/05/canu ... -comments/

Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:27 am

Arachnid wrote:

"It is what it is" was the first thing that came out of McCann's mouth after drafted by the Canucks. I always believe that a person's first reaction is usually the most genuine. McCann might not be an asshole but he certainly sounds like an arrogant kid.

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:09 am

Jovocop wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

"It is what it is" was the first thing that came out of McCann's mouth after drafted by the Canucks. I always believe that a person's first reaction is usually the most genuine. McCann might not be an asshole but he certainly sounds like an arrogant kid.
Well the road to assholeville is paved with arrogance...that's why I destroyed GM, ODB, Rumsfeld, Thinker... :mex:

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:14 am

On Gudbranson, he is in Africa with all of its limited connectivity. I'm sure we will hear from him once he's back in North America.
The only HW the Canucks need

Puck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Puck » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:58 am

Mr.Miyagi wrote:Has Gudbranson spoke to the media yet?
How can a person relax with that missing apostrophe? It's quite unsettling.

sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:06 pm

Gudbranson: "I'm there to make the game as miserable as possible for top players on the other team".

From interview on TSN 1040 today.