Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:. but how could one miss "We are all Jim Benning"! :lol:
Yes must admit, it's brilliant, it has legs.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Strangelove wrote:
Coldsteel79 wrote: Hey guys I've lurked on here for awhile, thought I'd start posting, I liked cp's posts on that other crap forum, so figured I better make an account here. Plus this place is so much more colourful and entertaining.
Good choice, you're gonna love it here! :thumbs:
Maybe these two new guys can reach out to some of the other hfboards posters. There's a few guys over there I really want to "debate" with. Since you ran pauser out of here, there aren't any punching bags left. I wonder if MS remembers me from central.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I wonder if MS remembers me from central.
How could he forget?!!

You handed him his ass whilst everyone laughed and cheered!

Could that be why he's a bitter self-loathing shell of a man to this very day? :eh:

But hey we're off topic...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hmmm, a topical salve my be just what the Doctor ordered for the bugger.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Well, since there seems to be a fair amount of interest and the thread title might be changed I will write a little bit more about what happened at HF Boards with the "We are all Jim Benning" issue.

Just to be fair. As far as I know, I was only locked out of one thread. The one where I was accused of both spamming and trolling by repeatedly using the phrase, "We are all Jim Benning." I appear to have access to the other threads. In my profile it showed I was given a red card infraction - not really sure what that means, but I think it involves a time out punishment and a probationary period, so basically a criminal record.

I was definitely explicitly banned from using the phrase, "We are all Jim Benning." And as mentioned, previous evidence of my existence was erased. So when you take away my voice and very existence, it seems like a good time to move on. What's next, banning people from saying, "we are all assholes," "we are all cat lovers," "we are all fallible human beings that are sometimes ridiculed too harshly by haters in public." Which in my mind is the same as saying, "We are all Jim Benning." But in another person's mind, it may mean something completely different.

As I explained to the moderator, the object of the phrase in question, "Jim Benning" has no meaning, except whatever meaning a people gives it from the dark, twisted, recesses of their minds. It is an empty vessel in which a person pours their own meaning and when they look at the image it shows a reflection of their own thoughts. Most people would consider it silly and of little significance. If you said to your grandma, "We are all Jim Benning," she would look at you, smile, pinch your cheeks, which you really hate, and say, "yes dear, we are all Jim Benning."

Secondly, the word "we" doesn't have to include you. It is simply the plural of more than one person. We can simply mean, that person and the people who agree with him. If an Oilers fan hears, "we are all Canucks," it doesn't make them emotional because they don't included themselves in the group. He or she simply thinks, that group of people support the Canucks.

So, the question becomes, why do some people become so upset when they read the words, "We are all Jim Benning." We'll here I can't answer the question because each person creates their own meaning. I suspect they looked at their mental reflections and didn't like what they saw. Maybe they like to call themselves Canuck fans, but the reflections in the empty vessels shows ugly, bitter haters. Obviously the ones who get really upset have some deep seated psychological issues that I was obviously just beginning to help them with. Sometimes when people see themselves too clearly, it causes too much anxiety and causes them to lash out at the ones they should hold dearest - me.

Yes, it was psychological warfare against the haters on the other board. I have to admit it was, and I thought it was working quite well. I understand some people may not like my tactics, But really isn't psychological warfare what these forums are all about.

Anyways, glad to be with you.
We are all Jim Benning.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Que?

Why?

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Maybe the newbies should check out the Bar and Grill forum... just sayin'
2019-20 - Playoff Bound
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

chill cherry don't make me go F A N, VanillaCoke, Scurr on you. :wink:
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

So like you used a company name on like a company forum as your epilog.
Guess some one didn't like that.
You could have had it read "We are all GMs". Too boring I suppose.
Who cares, mow your here, so why worry?
"evolution"
Coldsteel79
AHL Prospect

Post by Coldsteel79 »

Cherry, I ain't gonna lie I thought the we are all Jim Benning line was awesome, I can't believe you got banned for that.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cornuck wrote:Maybe the newbies should check out the Bar and Grill forum... just sayin'
Maybe the bar is too high since they've left their stools here.

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Coldsteel79 wrote:Cherry, I ain't gonna lie I thought the we are all Jim Benning line was awesome, I can't believe you got banned for that.
How bout you do me a solid and invite Verviticus over to this board? I really want to annihilate that ugly bearded mouth breather.
Coldsteel79
AHL Prospect

Post by Coldsteel79 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Coldsteel79 wrote:Cherry, I ain't gonna lie I thought the we are all Jim Benning line was awesome, I can't believe you got banned for that.
How bout you do me a solid and invite Verviticus over to this board? I really want to annihilate that ugly bearded mouth breather.
Sounds good pm him or call him out on the forum? I've just about worn my welcome out on that site.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Coldsteel79 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sounds good pm him or call him out on the forum? I've just about worn my welcome out on that site.
Either or? Both ? It would be amusing to see the piss posse's reaction to one of their elders called out
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Most likely extended for the expansion draft.
Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks

Forward Mike Zalewski & goaltender Richard Bachman sign contract extensions.

READ → http://ow.ly/gWFl302dJku