Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

bckev
CC Veteran

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by bckev »

I am wondering if Juolevi doesn't make the club this year if he won't be loaned to finnish team

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So these signings, if true, add just under 8 million to the cap.

They give us more centre depth, more help on offence, help for the PP, and add experience. This certainly buys time for youth development but not with the Canucks. Wonder if any trade protection is involved.
The only HW the Canucks need

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Those 4 (allegedly) will be a massive improvement over Gaunce, Megma and Chaput

Del Zotto/Sbisa is wash, got a backup goalie, improved the forward depth.
Last edited by Madcombinepilot on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

If true, Sam really needs Manny !!!!! 47.6%
"evolution"

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

I wonder if Jim put in a bid to Burm when the Jets put him on waivers last winter.

I have no issue with these signings, provides depth for injuries and pushes the kids to earn their spot. Now Chaput and Megna can play in their rightful roles in Utica.

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Safe to assume Rodin didn't generate much interest throughout the league, given he took a 1/4 mil paycut on a one year show me.

Good signing Jim. :thumbs:

herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Diehard1 wrote:
micky107 wrote:Said it before but I'll say it again; Juolevi is going to come to camp and make it damned difficult.
He'll be busting his ass to make it. Will be harder then people may think to predetermine his fate...
I agree, just no spot for him now. He's a left side guy and there are already 3 left side guys in place. He can't go to the AHL as a callup so not sure what the plan is.
Meh, history shows that this team, for whatever reason, can't go a month without major injury problems on defense. Depth means that potentially guys like Gud, MDZ, Edler and Tanev can be sold off for youth and picks and provides stability for our young goalies and forwards.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/07/01/can ... d-nilsson/

Good summary of today's events for our beloved Canucks, adding depth, short term deals @ relatively affordable contract's. :thumbs:
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Hockey Widow wrote:So these signings, if true, add just under 8 million to the cap.

They give us more centre depth, more help on offence, help for the PP, and add experience. This certainly buys time for youth development but not with the Canucks. Wonder if any trade protection is involved.
Yep exactly - development time elsewhere. I guess we will see.

Colin Wilson for Colorado's 1st in 2019? Holy crap overpayment. Edit - sounds like I heard wrong. It's a 4th, much better.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Diehard1 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:So these signings, if true, add just under 8 million to the cap.

Yep exactly - development time elsewhere. I guess we will see.

Colin Wilson for Colorado's 1st in 2019? Holy crap overpayment. Edit - sounds like I heard wrong. It's a 4th, much better.

No Friedman fucked up and announced Duchene to Preds for Wilson, a first and something else. Then immediatly back tracked and has been appologizing since.

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Avalanche are morons. The Decade long rebuild is heading into a 2nd term
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Confirmed

Nilsson 2 years, 5 million total.

Gagne 3 years 9.45 total.

Del Zotto 2 years 3 million per

Burmistrov confirmed. Canucks 1 year 900k

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Hockey Widow wrote:Confirmed

Nilsson 2 years, 5 million total.

Gagne 3 years 9.45 total.

Del Zotto 2 years 3 million per

Burmistrov confirmed. Canucks 1 year 900k
It sure looks like they're trying to assemble the smallest, least physical roster in the history of the NHL.
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Gagne hinting he will play with twins, or at least given a chance to earn that spot. Very strongly suggesting he will be in the top 6.

Wieroch 1 year 650k with Canucks

Thats 2 Dmen.

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

When you're the 2nd worst team in the league you need to shake things up and the team did that today for sure. They added skill and did it without having to throw term out there so it has to be considered forward progress.
There are quite a few pieces that can put the puck in the net in the line up and only time will tell if ignoring size and truculence will bite them in the ass. I'm pretty sure i can predict the division rivals game plans when they line up against us next fall...
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...