E2016 Playoffs Round One

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: E2016 Playoffs Round One

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Drouin with three assists tonight, played 20 minutes. I think they keep Drouin now especially if Stamkos leaves.
Didn't we have some -cough- -cough- posters here who wouldn't make a trade for him????
The kid has some sick talent. Not a goal scorer per say but more an assist guy. Big too.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote:More offside stuff again to night.
Ever since I was a kid I always thought of the blueline as being vertical as well in regards to crossing it.
Now they're reviewing if a guy's back leg was raised.
I guess I don't know the new rules, if any, on offsides :?

It's always been that way. Lift your leg to pee and you're offside. But it does seem like more goals have been called off in the playoffs than the last half the regular season. How the frig did the Blues manage to go offside on a 2-1 one break, shooting on an open net?

If anything this is making the linesmen look bad.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Wondering if the Hawks wish they had opted for Hamhuis instead of Ladd? They need defensive help. And I guess Weise is liking the press box. I won't be crying when they are done.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Andrew Shaw being nvestigated for using homophobic slur.

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/nhl ... ouis-blues

If you watched the game you saw how upset he was when he was penalized late in the game. He was gesturing wildly and really giving it to the ref. He probably said something like you f'ing fa&&ot. Wonder how far the league will take it. I suspect a fine.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote:Andrew Shaw being nvestigated for using homophobic slur.

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/nhl ... ouis-blues

If you watched the game you saw how upset he was when he was penalized late in the game. He was gesturing wildly and really giving it to the ref. He probably said something like you f'ing fa&&ot. Wonder how far the league will take it. I suspect a fine.
It's Chicago. A fine is the max. He may just get a 'talking-to' over the phone from the league.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Andrew Shaw

“I am sincerely sorry for the insensitive remarks that I made last night while in the penalty box. When I got home and saw the video, it was evident that what I did was wrong, no matter the circumstances. I apologize to many people, including the gay and lesbian community, the Chicago Blackhawks organization, Blackhawks fans and anyone else I may have offended. I know my words were hurtful and I will learn from my mistake."

Chicago Blackhawks

“We are extremely disappointed in Andrew Shaw's actions last night. His comments do not reflect what we stand for as an organization. We are proud to have an inclusive and respectful environment, and to support various initiatives such as the You Can Play Project and the Chicago Gay Hockey Association. We will use this opportunity to further educate our players and organization moving forward, so that we all may learn from it."
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

I guess I was lucky. For whatever reason, going all the back to the 70s, When I lost my temper and had to blurt something out, I said "F**king moron!" I still say that now whether it's hockey or at another driver out the window. It's not perfect cause I guess it too could be taken out of context, but I'll live with it.
You'll never, never get the F-bomb out of hockey and really, who cares, it's so widely used.
In most, not all but most cases, nothing is meant, it happens so fast.
I guess just stand in front of a mirror and swear your head off till you come up with something that won't terribly offend anyone, keep saying it till it sticks.. :?
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Andrew Shaw

“I am sincerely sorry for the insensitive remarks that I made last night while in the penalty box. When I got home and saw the video, it was evident that what I did was wrong, no matter the circumstances. I apologize to many people, including the gay and lesbian community, the Chicago Blackhawks organization, Blackhawks fans and anyone else I may have offended. I know my words were hurtful and I will learn from my mistake."

Chicago Blackhawks

“We are extremely disappointed in Andrew Shaw's actions last night. His comments do not reflect what we stand for as an organization. We are proud to have an inclusive and respectful environment, and to support various initiatives such as the You Can Play Project and the Chicago Gay Hockey Association. We will use this opportunity to further educate our players and organization moving forward, so that we all may learn from it."
so gay
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I can understand Shaw's frustration, the playoffs are hard when you're not getting literally every call :lol: :lol:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ESQ wrote:I can understand Shaw's frustration, the playoffs are hard when you're not getting literally every call :lol: :lol:

That's so true!! I've been enjoying watching the Hawks get all the calls, well most of them. LA and Anaheim too in their first two games.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote:I guess I was lucky. For whatever reason, going all the back to the 70s, When I lost my temper and had to blurt something out, I said "F**king moron!" I still say that now whether it's hockey or at another driver out the window. It's not perfect cause I guess it too could be taken out of context, but I'll live with it.
You’re safe Micky, morons are definitely not a minority group.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Shaw fined $5000 and suspended one game for using a homophobic slur directed at the refs. Sorry, but this is a bad time for the NHL to try and make an example. I mean really! A fine and a warning would have sufficed. Too bad Shaw didn't take a two handed to someone's head.

I don't feel sorry for the Hawks but in context with how discipline is handled I just don't get this one.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

SKYO wrote:Philadelphia fans looking bad tonight.
When have they looked good?

Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Puck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Puck »

What I don't like about this is, would they have suspended Keith? Kane?

Not likely. :hmmm:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Puck wrote:What I don't like about this is, would they have suspended Keith? Kane?

Not likely. :hmmm:
Not likely at all. Burke must have sent an email :mrgreen: