E2016 Playoffs Round One

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Micky
MVP
MVP

Re: E2016 Playoffs Round One

Post by Micky »

Now I'm wondering if the "reviews" are maybe having an effect on some officials?
M.L.B. has had the reviews longer and I've heard some baseball people say it really burns some umps when he has to reverse his own call, just a thought...
"evolution"
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Topper wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:There was what, two charging calls in the Washington/Philly game 1? If that standard was applied to the Canucks/Flames last year Ferklund would've been in the box the whole series.
Comparing 2016 game to game using/whining about a 2015 series as an example. No wonder no one but Blobby listens to you.
Yeah, I totally missed all the rule changes they brought in concerning charging.

micky107 wrote: Agreed, gets worse every year,(consistency),. How do you fix it, meaning a more level playing field ?
Do you open up the CBA and give the PA more say in the way officiating is put forth ?
How do you take bias out of the whole thing ?
I don't get it because the NHL represents the owners and yet the owners get so mad at said officiating sometimes, their ready to put a hit squad on someone.
Maybe it's as simple as an I.Q. minimum requirement level for all zebras, I don't freakin know, wrecks the game.
I don't think it's some big conspiracy, but they need to do a better job of getting their officials on the same page. It's way too much to ask them to move away from a "game management" style of officiating, but the way standards are applied by each ref is so vastly different it is like watching different leagues sometimes.
Each of the games is different in every way. Each game has its own feel, each team different players, different refs, different crowds. You guys are wanting consistency in reffing then go to T ball games. Part of what makes these playoffs so intense is the emotion and day to day changes in moods, abilities and who got up on what side of the bed. They are human and it is that inconsistent day to day for each player and ref and crowd that creates the drama. There is no fucking conspiracy. Maybe the Hawks are big shots on the NHL Board like the Bruin's owner was in 2011 and they get a bit of slack compared to us out West. Who knows? The only series I have seen definitely decided by a blown call was Hull with his skate in the crease and that fucked the Flames. How many of you on this board give a shit about the tards in Alberta getting screwed? The only time any of us want it to go consistent is when it goes against what we want
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

ARE YOU SURE ?
"evolution"
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Boy, I would not like to make the call on the 2nd Rangers goal this afternoon. That's the most boarder line offside I've seen in awhile. They ruled it good.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Gee, wonder where Bonino learned that dish... Sedinery.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

BurningBeard wrote:Boy, I would not like to make the call on the 2nd Rangers goal this afternoon. That's the most boarder line offside I've seen in awhile. They ruled it good.
GM's gonna talk about this offside rule before draft.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

SKYO wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:Boy, I would not like to make the call on the 2nd Rangers goal this afternoon. That's the most boarder line offside I've seen in awhile. They ruled it good.
GM's gonna talk about this offside rule before draft.
They ruled it good based on possession - which looked like the right call to me, but it's debatable.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
dangler
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dangler »

The only series I have seen definitely decided by a blown call was Hull with his skate in the crease and that fucked the Flames. How many of you on this board give a shit about the tards in Alberta getting screwed? The only time any of us want it to go consistent is when it goes against what we want
That was Buffalo ( '99 SCF)
Lowered expectations
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Steve Mason - cue the beach ball jokes

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/statu ... 5868881920
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote:Steve Mason - cue the beach ball jokes

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/statu ... 5868881920
At least Lidstrom actually shot the puck...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mason really isn't that good is he.
The only HW the Canucks need
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

dangler wrote:
The only series I have seen definitely decided by a blown call was Hull with his skate in the crease and that fucked the Flames. How many of you on this board give a shit about the tards in Alberta getting screwed? The only time any of us want it to go consistent is when it goes against what we want
That was Buffalo ( '99 SCF)

Otto still kicked it in.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SJS up 2 games to none. We've seen this movie before!
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Lucic with a Virtanen moment
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

woohoo! Preds. 8-)