Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

If I were GMJB and Eriksson was really on the very top of my FA list, I would probably offer him more annual $, and less term. I would line it up with the duration of the Sedin's contracts. I can't see Eriksson wanting to be here for any other reason than to play with the twins.

If that wouldn't fly (he wants more term, too much $, etc) I would only go after Brouwer, Helm, Boedker, etc. The secondary scoring on the wings.

Additionally, if the Evander Kane rumors are true I would jump all over that.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

rikster wrote:...

Hamhuis game didn't look gone last year after he got healthy ...

Take care....
Sure...for 2 weeks then his suckiness returned and he returned to coughing up the puck and fumbling around his own end.
He was a fantastic player for 3 or 4 years for us but tapered and tapered then just lost it. It happens...it doesnt mean hes not a good guy or anything its just some players games go south earlier than others.
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:If I were GMJB and Eriksson was really on the very top of my FA list, I would probably offer him more annual $, and less term. I would line it up with the duration of the Sedin's contracts. I can't see Eriksson wanting to be here for any other reason than to play with the twins.

If that wouldn't fly (he wants more term, too much $, etc) I would only go after Brouwer, Helm, Boedker, etc. The secondary scoring on the wings.

Additionally, if the Evander Kane rumors are true I would jump all over that.
One guy who has a sneaky good game is Frans Nielsen. Once you get ove the faggy name and watch him play you are pleasantly surprised...
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
One guy who has a sneaky good game is Frans Nielsen. Once you get ove the faggy name and watch him play you are pleasantly surprised...[/quote]

I actually didn't even notice he was UFA. I would put him ahead of Boedker. The only thing is the age, sure ... still a few good years left in him but not sure he fits the rebuild/retool mold. Not too many UFA's do though.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:If we don't trade Sbisa he will be exposed in the expansion draft. If he is really as valuable as Benning feels I'd be looking for a mid-season move, barring injuries of course.
On the eve of an expansion draft it's going to be near impossible getting anyone interested in players they will have to expose in the expansion draft. Why give up something of value like a draft pick when you'll know you will have to expose unless it's a rental player trade for a playoff run
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

rikster wrote:
If we don't trade Sbisa he will be exposed in the expansion draft. If he is really as valuable as Benning feels I'd be looking for a mid-season move, barring injuries of course.
lol, another poster who won't be joining me on the deserted island known as The Land of Sbisa Fans...

We'll see what happens but for me the blue line was a whole lot of vanilla last year which is fitting given that it wasn't very good, but at least with Sbisa he gave the team some bite....

And the team did play better with him in the lineup than when he was out...

Comparable contracts;

http://www.generalfanager.com/contracts ... tract=3446

Take care...

Not the case necessarily. What D would you protect? For me it has to be Tanev, Edler and Gudbranson. Or would you trade/expose one of those three in favour of Sbisa.
The only HW the Canucks need

rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Not the case necessarily. What D would you protect? For me it has to be Tanev, Edler and Gudbranson. Or would you trade/expose one of those three in favour of Sbisa
Teams have to submit their lists June of next year, so are you sure Tanev, Edler and Gudbranson will all be on the team then?

As an example, I don't expect Edler to be on the team next year...

Lets let the season play out before we start pencilling in players for a year from now...

Take care...

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

rikster wrote:
Not the case necessarily. What D would you protect? For me it has to be Tanev, Edler and Gudbranson. Or would you trade/expose one of those three in favour of Sbisa
Teams have to submit their lists June of next year, so are you sure Tanev, Edler and Gudbranson will all be on the team then?

As an example, I don't expect Edler to be on the team next year...

Lets let the season play out before we start pencilling in players for a year from now...

Take care...
So you would trade Edler, but would Benning.

bckev
CC Veteran

Post by bckev »

Very happy with Erikkson, I am ok with them not doing much else and waiting to see what is left over and getting better deals. I really want to see them have cap room for the year.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

bckev wrote:Very happy with Erikkson, I am ok with them not doing much else and waiting to see what is left over and getting better deals. I really want to see them have cap room for the year.

Bennng isn't done

bckev
CC Veteran

Post by bckev »

Any ideas what he is looking at. I read that they are talking to Purcell, I hope they focus on getting good deals. I like how Benning is building the team so I am curious what he is focusing on.

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

We need another second line forward.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

bckev wrote:Any ideas what he is looking at. I read that they are talking to Purcell, I hope they focus on getting good deals. I like how Benning is building the team so I am curious what he is focusing on.
They talked to Jooris and Cracknell yesterday but I have no idea what the mutual interest is, or is not.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hearing Canucks expect to activate and sign Larson soon.

bckev
CC Veteran

Post by bckev »

I am ok with those kind of deals, nothing to big or expensive, fill some holes. Looking forward to seeing Larson and what he brings.