Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19476
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hamonic brings way more value to a hockey team than Hall when it comes to winning. You don't win with the Taylor Hall Stat padders of the world. Hamonic is a warrior in big games, Hall folds like a cheap tent not too mention that he is apparently a dressing room pouter. Halls biggest problem is his play away from the puck, and lack of a 200' game, terrible defensively and puts the David Booth blinders on when skating with the puck. I think he's one of the most overrated players in the game. The Oilers would be far better hockey team if that trade were to happen
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
User avatar
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5081
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: On wide shoulders...

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Carl Yagro »

I'd like to see this again before that trade happens :mrgreen:

Try to focus on THIS year...
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16138
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Hockey Widow »

Has anyone told Chiarelli that Sbisa is a top 4? We'll help him out and give him a deal.

Sbisa for

Yakupov and Edmonton's 2nd next year. I mean it wasn't enough to get Gudbranson but we're neighbours right, sort of.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16138
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hank wrote:I'd like to see this again before that trade happens :mrgreen:


Nice hit. Problem is if he does that in a Canucks uniform he'd get suspended.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5081
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: On wide shoulders...

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Carl Yagro »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Hank wrote:I'd like to see this again before that trade happens :mrgreen:

Nice hit. Problem is if he does that in a Canucks uniform he'd get suspended.
Not Guddy :(
Try to focus on THIS year...
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8363
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:Hamonic brings way more value to a hockey team than Hall when it comes to winning. You don't win with the Taylor Hall Stat padders of the world. Hamonic is a warrior in big games, Hall folds like a cheap tent not too mention that he is apparently a dressing room pouter. Halls biggest problem is his play away from the puck, and lack of a 200' game, terrible defensively and puts the David Booth blinders on when skating with the puck. I think he's one of the most overrated players in the game. The Oilers would be far better hockey team if that trade were to happen
I don't disagree about Hall's questionable defensive play, but he's been a top-5 LW producer pretty much since he came into the league. In terms of PPG over the past 5 years he's better than Daniel, Gaudreau, Zetterberg, Parise etc. Basically he's only bested by Benn and OV over that stretch. Tough to argue with that kind of production.
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19476
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Hamonic brings way more value to a hockey team than Hall when it comes to winning. You don't win with the Taylor Hall Stat padders of the world. Hamonic is a warrior in big games, Hall folds like a cheap tent not too mention that he is apparently a dressing room pouter. Halls biggest problem is his play away from the puck, and lack of a 200' game, terrible defensively and puts the David Booth blinders on when skating with the puck. I think he's one of the most overrated players in the game. The Oilers would be far better hockey team if that trade were to happen
I don't disagree about Hall's questionable defensive play, but he's been a top-5 LW producer pretty much since he came into the league. In terms of PPG over the past 5 years he's better than Daniel, Gaudreau, Zetterberg, Parise etc. Basically he's only bested by Benn and OV over that stretch. Tough to argue with that kind of production.
Like I said, he's a stat padder, in the mean time how has his team done all the while he's been putting up those wonderful stats? I mean it's about wining isn't it? I remember when Tony Tanti used to put up great numbers during the losing years of Canuck hockey, but I don't see anyone quickly ushering him to the ring of honour.

Hamonic is the kind of player you want in games that count. The Oilers would be insane to not make the trade
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 12053
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by SKYO »

Oilers fans would probably riot if they make that trade aha.

They don't want to trade for Shattenkirk without some kind of guarantee he re-signs, as he's a eastcoaster and will sign with NYR asap.

Cam Fowler will need a huge contract as soon as you trade say Eberle for him as CF is a UFA in two years.

But alas there is a bidding war for those two guys.

Probably the easiest dman for the oil to get is Spurgeon who has 4 years left on his contract.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2389
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Riga, Latvia

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Lancer »

Jovocop wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Just think, we could have had Girardi and still kept McCann.
Girardi is 32 and Gudbranson is 24. I will take Gudbranson over Girardi and McCann any day.
Age notwithstanding, I'd take Gudbranson over Girardi any day. Add Gudbranson's youth, and I'm glad Benning made the deal.

That said, if Girardi is available, I wonder why Chiarelli hasn't kicked the tires on him yet? Probably cheaper than Hamonic.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4262
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I thought I heard Hamonic recinded his trade request??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8363
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Madcombinepilot wrote:I thought I heard Hamonic recinded his trade request??
He did. But when you get a chance to add a 24 year old top-5 player at his position, signed to a nice contract for 4 more years, you probably look at all options.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4262
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:I thought I heard Hamonic recinded his trade request??
He did. But when you get a chance to add a 24 year old top-5 player at his position, signed to a nice contract for 4 more years, you probably look at all options.

But with him not up for trade, wouldn't this be more 'speculation/fantasy' than 'option'??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
herb
CC Legend
Posts: 3014
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by herb »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:I thought I heard Hamonic recinded his trade request??
He did. But when you get a chance to add a 24 year old top-5 player at his position, signed to a nice contract for 4 more years, you probably look at all options.

But with him not up for trade, wouldn't this be more 'speculation/fantasy' than 'option'??
Well, Hamonic does not have a NTC, so he could still be moved.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Diehard1 »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:I thought I heard Hamonic recinded his trade request??
He did. But when you get a chance to add a 24 year old top-5 player at his position, signed to a nice contract for 4 more years, you probably look at all options.
Hamonic is Chris Tanev, slightly worse defensively and slightly better offensively. He's becoming so overrated it's nauseating.

If the Isles could somehow add Hall for him they make out like bandits.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP
Posts: 999
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Diehard1 wrote:Hamonic is Chris Tanev, slightly worse defensively and slightly better offensively. He's becoming so overrated it's nauseating.
Many believe that Chris Tanev is substantially underrated. Probably a consequence of playing a quiet game.

Would you trade Tanev for Hall ? I wouldn't want Benning to do that.
Post Reply