Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by BladesofSteel » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Yes, please stop.

At the very least, take this nonsense to Creepers and quit pissin on the Canuck threads

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Arachnid » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:42 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:I think I speak for the majority.

STOP
It's all your fault for not giving us enough to talk about....go out to dinner with someone already :look:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15181
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Hockey Widow » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:24 pm

Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I think I speak for the majority.

STOP
It's all your fault for not giving us enough to talk about....go out to dinner with someone already :look:

LOL

I'll work on it and see if I can get any rumours going before the draft!
The only HW the Canucks need

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by BladesofSteel » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:49 pm

The sooner the better.

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5027
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Reefer2 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:41 am

Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I think I speak for the majority.

STOP
It's all your fault for not giving us enough to talk about....go out to dinner with someone already :look:
I agree it is all HW fault 8-)

Still think moving a couple vets for more picks is needed, really like to see Edler moved, have wanted him gone for years. Out with the old and in with the new.

User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2327
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Riga, Latvia

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Lancer » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:29 am

Reefer2 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I think I speak for the majority.

STOP
It's all your fault for not giving us enough to talk about....go out to dinner with someone already :look:
I agree it is all HW fault 8-)

Still think moving a couple vets for more picks is needed, really like to see Edler moved, have wanted him gone for years. Out with the old and in with the new.
We've beat the 'vets for picks' horse beyond recognition. We'll see what Benning can recoup but I'm prepared to be underwhelmed on that score.

As for Edler, if we trade him there's no replacing him for even close to his salary via free agency. Replacing his puck-moving via trade would be exorbitant. Hutton may one day replace what Edler can do in transition, but not next year or even the year after that.

Say what you will, but he's the closest the team has to a #1 defenceman. I know that's not saying much, but no other GM is going to give up someone with potential #1 Dman potential for anything less than a king's ransom. Benning doesn't have enough to write that kind of cheque.

Trade Edler and watch the team be in the same situation this time next year. Hands up who wants a repeat (c'mon you tankers...)?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Arachnid » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:10 am

Lancer wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I think I speak for the majority.

STOP
It's all your fault for not giving us enough to talk about....go out to dinner with someone already :look:
I agree it is all HW fault 8-)

Still think moving a couple vets for more picks is needed, really like to see Edler moved, have wanted him gone for years. Out with the old and in with the new.
We've beat the 'vets for picks' horse beyond recognition. We'll see what Benning can recoup but I'm prepared to be underwhelmed on that score.

As for Edler, if we trade him there's no replacing him for even close to his salary via free agency. Replacing his puck-moving via trade would be exorbitant. Hutton may one day replace what Edler can do in transition, but not next year or even the year after that.

Say what you will, but he's the closest the team has to a #1 defenceman. I know that's not saying much, but no other GM is going to give up someone with potential #1 Dman potential for anything less than a king's ransom. Benning doesn't have enough to write that kind of cheque.

Trade Edler and watch the team be in the same situation this time next year. Hands up who wants a repeat (c'mon you tankers...)?
Careful Sloboboob will git you for that heresy (he actually thinks Tanev is #1 with his smaller body and minutes :lol: :lol: :lol: ).
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5027
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Reefer2 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:23 am

Arachnid wrote:
Lancer wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I think I speak for the majority.

STOP
It's all your fault for not giving us enough to talk about....go out to dinner with someone already :look:
I agree it is all HW fault 8-)

Still think moving a couple vets for more picks is needed, really like to see Edler moved, have wanted him gone for years. Out with the old and in with the new.
We've beat the 'vets for picks' horse beyond recognition. We'll see what Benning can recoup but I'm prepared to be underwhelmed on that score.

As for Edler, if we trade him there's no replacing him for even close to his salary via free agency. Replacing his puck-moving via trade would be exorbitant. Hutton may one day replace what Edler can do in transition, but not next year or even the year after that.

Say what you will, but he's the closest the team has to a #1 defenceman. I know that's not saying much, but no other GM is going to give up someone with potential #1 Dman potential for anything less than a king's ransom. Benning doesn't have enough to write that kind of cheque.

Trade Edler and watch the team be in the same situation this time next year. Hands up who wants a repeat (c'mon you tankers...)?
Careful Sloboboob will git you for that heresy (he actually thinks Tanev is #1 with his smaller body and minutes :lol: :lol: :lol: ).
Where did I say that Pratt- sorry Arch?

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 am

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by damonberryman » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:09 am

Hockey Widow wrote:I think I speak for the majority.

STOP
Amen. Don't take the bait and become this threads kick can Micky. You sound reasonably intelligent at times and other times, like most of us, you sound like a bullied kid in the school yard. I know it is fun to pretend it is all fun but I guarantee fucking double damn true it is not at times. Not with you anyway. You take shit serious and so do I. Rats intervened on me years ago and I am grateful for his advice.

Keep chill and be macking dude or keep a supply of band aids close at hand as you will need them. The sharks in these waters smell blood from a mile away and will keep biting as long as you thrash. I was the entertainment for a while. Now I am not. I like the last part better. No offense meant. If I want to offend you will know it.

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9754
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by micky107 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:24 pm

Seriously, Edler and Tanev are top 4 D-men in pretty much any team in the world.
I hope Edler has a good offseason and comes out of the gait well.
Tanev is working on his shot, which frankly, is the only thing missing.
Tanev is not a softy. He is mean in his own way and very hard to play against along the boards and in front of the net. Wins a lot of battles as does Edler.
No, they don't drop-em much but that doesn't mean they're not tough as nails.
Both well respected around the league too... ;)
"evolution"

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15181
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Hockey Widow » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:22 pm

The buyout window opens Wednesday and goes until June 30th. Not coincidentally overlapping with the draft and with the FA and RFA speak week.

Of course we have a couple of buyout candidates of our own in Higgins and Burrows. No rush for Jim to buy anyone out this week but it will be interesting to watch this unfold. Will also be interesting to see who other teams choose to buyout.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15775
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Chef Boi RD » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:08 pm

Will Aquamarine be buying out another Shite Contract thanks to the wonderful workings of Mike Gilleye?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Rocky Dennis » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:25 pm

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/repo ... ead-coach/

If current reports are accurate, it Looks like the team may be safe from losing Green, at least for the time being. Carlyle back in ANH and last I saw it was Gulutzan, and not Green, remaining in the final three candidates for CGY.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10995
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by SKYO » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:26 pm

Rocky Dennis wrote:http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/repo ... ead-coach/

If current reports are accurate, it Looks like the team may be safe from losing Green, at least for the time being. Carlyle back in ANH and last I saw it was Gulutzan, and not Green, remaining in the final three candidates for CGY.
If true, Kesler got his coach after all.
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hocke ... um=twitter

Gulutzan in Calgary if so, wonder why kind of assistant coach we should replace him with?
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8353
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Island Nucklehead » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:01 pm

SKYO wrote: Gulutzan in Calgary if so, wonder why kind of assistant coach we should replace him with?
Travis Green.

Post Reply