Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Arachnid » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:08 am

sk8er wrote:Just for clarification, is every single thread on this here hockey board going to be you peeps trying to out insult each other? It's getting kinda boring.....not much else to talk about I agree, but really??
Oh fuck off you fuckity fuck fuck :evil:

Just kidding, it's an annual right of passage.
We Canuck fans have to watch another team hoist The Cup (yet again :cry: ) so we turn on each other...not really much to talk about right now and if I see another stupid fucking trade post I swear I will go postal on y'all :twisted: .....or maybe just send you some postcards from Spain... :twisted: :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:15 am

micky107 wrote:Five foot 11 and a half, 148 lbs, hit like 220. Speed kills, peaches.
Admit to a little receding, not bad.

Love my team, hate some fans too.. ;)
You shouldn't do speed then, prunes.

Wow, you are impressive, I would say I am a good looking hairy really fast 6'3 210er but I would be lying :D

We should just compare dick sizes (I would win, again :roll: ) and end this as it is pissing off the lesser IQs ('Hi' Beelzeblob) on this here CC.

Come out to play some ball hockey this Summer bro, you can show me all those mad skills and quickness you keep bragging about...y'know...no more internet BS bravado...we can even have or own 3 on 3 teams and play for charity...
Last edited by Arachnid on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:23 am

Arachnid wrote:We should just compare dick sizes (I would win, again :roll: )

sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:59 am

Arachnid wrote:
sk8er wrote:Just for clarification, is every single thread on this here hockey board going to be you peeps trying to out insult each other? It's getting kinda boring.....not much else to talk about I agree, but really??

We Canuck fans have to watch another team hoist The Cup (yet again :cry: ) so we turn on each other...not really much to talk about right now and if I see another stupid fucking trade post I swear I will go postal on y'all :twisted: .....or maybe just send you some postcards from Spain... :twisted: :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
i feel the pain, i guess not enough energy to partake. its all good.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:25 pm

SEDINS SUCCESSION PLAN:

Sign Stamkos.

He's 9 years younger than the Sedins, can lead the pack after they are long gone and in the meantime can help this team win now on the quick rebuild-on-the-fly plan, I'd actually prefer this than trying to sign Lucic/Ladd and Brouwer contracts.

Suts moves over to the Sedin wing for the next 2,3 years.

Then after next season, 2017, more vets move on and in comes Dubois/Tkachuk and Boeser.

And with Stamkos, Sedins, Horvat more UFA of the collegiate variety and others will be more enticed to sign here.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:40 pm

Love to see it! How do we attract him here?
Gotta give him something, other than money, to make him want to come.
But if what you suggest were to happen, we could probably make a run at the playoffs next year and then, who knows... :hmmm:
"evolution"

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:30 pm

micky107 wrote:Love to see it! How do we attract him here?
Gotta give him something, other than money, to make him want to come.
I think it's a good fit here as we got the cash plus cap space and in the next two, three years of having Stamkos, the Canucks can ice the Sedins line, Stamkos line, and Horvat line, we all of a sudden have a forward group that can compete with a lot of the top teams.

Getting to play on a team with the Sedins is probably the most important thing, as other teams can't say that, it enables Stamkos to contend right away, while getting his max type contract in a Canadian city, we fixed up our defense, got some quality young guys on the way, ticks off a lot of check boxes for a mega deal to sign here.

Team needs wants to compete? get younger? faster? more goals? a sedins successor? get the city excited about the team again? -- stamkos does all that, I mean we spent almost $10M on Vrbata and Burrows the last two years, why not give a little bit more for a true superstar player?
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:37 pm

Haven't heard much about Keith Yandle, what's the deal with him?

Good puck mover, true PP quarterback, pure offensive dman. He's the same age as Edler, proven better offensively.

Rangers haven't signed him yet, would he be an upgrade over Edler? Try and trade Sbisa as well.

Yandle - Tanev
Gudbranson - Hutton
Tryamkin - ??
Last edited by vic on Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:54 pm

Yandle would be expensive. Seems that Jimbo will target an impact forward in free agency.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:28 pm

Sign Stamkos, one year 9 million. Leave him unprotected in the expansion draft. Re-sign him July 1, 2017 to a one year 9 million deal. Leave him unprotected in the next expansion draft. Twins contract is up. Re-sign Stamkos 6-7 years 8.5-9 million per. Re-sign the twins at 5 million one year each. Done and done.
The only HW the Canucks need

CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by CrzyCanuck » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:14 am

Hockey Widow wrote:Sign Stamkos, one year 9 million. Leave him unprotected in the expansion draft. Re-sign him July 1, 2017 to a one year 9 million deal. Leave him unprotected in the next expansion draft. Twins contract is up. Re-sign Stamkos 6-7 years 8.5-9 million per. Re-sign the twins at 5 million one year each. Done and done.
Just if, if only the universe revolves around Vancouver Canucks

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wouldn't that be sweet
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:14 am

Arachnid wrote:

We Canuck fans have to watch another team hoist The Cup (yet again :cry: ) so we turn on each other...not really much to talk about right now
True, It's pretty much what we do here, tons of egos and nobody backs down. Especially this time of the year with our team having a horrible season and getting a shitty pick to boot. *LOL*

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:04 am

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

We Canuck fans have to watch another team hoist The Cup (yet again :cry: ) so we turn on each other...not really much to talk about right now
True, It's pretty much what we do here, tons of egos and nobody backs down. Especially this time of the year with our team having a horrible season and getting a shitty pick to boot. *LOL*
So like we would have had to have finished last overall and won the draft to all be in,
(happy, happy, happy) moods, right?..... :devil:
"evolution"

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:28 am

All the important dates coming up quick.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nichols-n ... -calendar/

Key NHL dates
June 22: Awards
June 24-25: Draft
June 25: UFA interview period opens
June 28: RFA interview period opens
July 1: Free agency

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:11 pm

SKYO wrote:All the important dates coming up quick.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nichols-n ... -calendar/

Key NHL dates
June 22: Awards
June 24-25: Draft
June 25: UFA interview period opens
June 28: RFA interview period opens
July 1: Free agency
I think there's one more, even though it's not a particular day.
When play is about to resume and all teams must have their cap in order, Do you think, maybe, just maybe,
there might be a hockey trade, (deal) to be made to upgrade this team?
Hard to wait but have a feeling something could happen then, a very good something....
"evolution"