Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:15 am

micky107 wrote:Poll the players........... :hmmm:
Shhhh... Arachnid is little more than a crotch watching fan. Never played a sport in his life other than ball hockey and that was only so he could see the other guys in the shower. He'd be like a new born foal if he ever put the blades on.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:20 am

Topper wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Guy is an AHL or junior coach. He's out of his element in the NHL. Hopefully we retain Green and fire Twitch partway through next year.
What makes you think Green would be any different? I hope they retain Green as well, but I really doubt he'd be able to do more with this roster then Willie.
That is exactly it. Blob stands on his ulcerated colon that Green is the Man......and that is all Blob has. Willie got a poor roster to a 100pt season and a playoff birth.

Willie was widely criticised for not wanting a bunch of 19 year olds on the team. He was forced to have them...then forced to play them over their heads when injuries hit.

Now management has acknowledged that last season's development roster was a mistake and won't be repeated next year.

Willie won the debate with Trev and Benning.
Obviously I'm not on the team so I don't know how bad of a coach the guy is. What I do know is that he got schooled by Bob Hartley in the playoffs. I also know that he played Linden Vey 2nd line minutes and copious amounts of pp time for the better part of two seasons despite the fact the guy is a borderline NHL player. I have no idea what is going on in that dressing room any more than you do.The shitshow with Andrey Pedan, The Sbieksa pairing and the deployment of goalies was also ridiculous. How bout letting Brandon Prust play when he had a hissy fit ?

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:53 am

Poll the players what? Do you want WmD or go Green?

What kinda plan is that?

Like that's Trump like populism right there Fredrickaka
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:56 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Topper wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Guy is an AHL or junior coach. He's out of his element in the NHL. Hopefully we retain Green and fire Twitch partway through next year.
What makes you think Green would be any different? I hope they retain Green as well, but I really doubt he'd be able to do more with this roster then Willie.
That is exactly it. Blob stands on his ulcerated colon that Green is the Man......and that is all Blob has. Willie got a poor roster to a 100pt season and a playoff birth.

Willie was widely criticised for not wanting a bunch of 19 year olds on the team. He was forced to have them...then forced to play them over their heads when injuries hit.

Now management has acknowledged that last season's development roster was a mistake and won't be repeated next year.

Willie won the debate with Trev and Benning.
Obviously I'm not on the team so I don't know how bad of a coach the guy is. What I do know is that he got schooled by Bob Hartley in the playoffs. I also know that he played Linden Vey 2nd line minutes and copious amounts of pp time for the better part of two seasons despite the fact the guy is a borderline NHL player. I have no idea what is going on in that dressing room any more than you do.The shitshow with Andrey Pedan, The Sbieksa pairing and the deployment of goalies was also ridiculous. How bout letting Brandon Prust play when he had a hissy fit ?
Thank the Hockey Gods you ain't in that room....cancer....

Funny that Hartley is gone and WmD is still around...I guess they polled the players :lol: :roll:

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:02 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Shhhh... Arachnid is little more than a crotch watching fan. Never played a sport in his life other than ball hockey and that was only so he could see the other guys in the shower. He'd be like a new born foal if he ever put the blades on.
8 years of Premiere Baseball (not to mention 2 years of soccer and 2 years of football in that time period too) yeah BileB, keep making yourself the village idjit, fit's your fat frame well :D
You forgot to mention Ultimate. You know, the co-ed frisbee football game you have to run fast throw a disc. Been doing that for the last 15 years too. We won the Championship last Summer :thumbs:

BTW Homophobia is not welcome here as it offends people like IN.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:18 am

Willie the placeholder.

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:43 am

Arachnid wrote:

What kinda plan is that?

If TL and, or, JB, are doing their due diligence having talks in the offseason with the players they think their moving forward with, it is only logical to ask, candidly, what they think of the coach and his system. I think any reasonably intelligent hockey mind would see the sense in that, HELLO ? like, KNOCK KNOCK anyone home?
guess not.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"evolution"

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:38 am

micky107 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

What kinda plan is that?

If TL and, or, JB, are doing their due diligence having talks in the offseason with the players they think their moving forward with, it is only logical to ask, candidly, what they think of the coach and his system. I think any reasonably intelligent hockey mind would see the sense in that, HELLO ? like, KNOCK KNOCK anyone home?
Good teams don't let the players/pawns run the team, they let management make the decisions based on the big picture (and they certain don't listen to lazy whiny impatient guzzler fans).
If you were a playa as you claim, you should know that, unless you just like to bitch about how the coach used you as a bench warmer :oops:

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:48 am

Hi Battle Axe

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:13 am

micky107 wrote:
I would want the opinion of guys like Henrik and Daniel about the coach, I wouldn't want to ask Jared McCann what he thinks about the coach, because I wouldn't want a teenage rookie thinking that he gets input into personnel decisions.

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:37 am

ESQ wrote:
micky107 wrote:
I would want the opinion of guys like Henrik and Daniel about the coach, I wouldn't want to ask Jared McCann what he thinks about the coach, because I wouldn't want a teenage rookie thinking that he gets input into personnel decisions.
Players they think their moving forward with.. :idea:
"evolution"

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:54 am

Arachnid wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

What kinda plan is that?

Good teams don't let the players/pawns run the team, they let management make the decisions based on the big picture (and they certain don't listen to lazy whiny impatient guzzler fans).
If you were a playa as you claim, you should know that, unless you just like to bitch about how the coach used you as a bench warmer :oops:
FFS! Did I say run the team? No! Read the freakin post and try, (I know it's hard for you), to comprehend it.
Good teams (organizations) always ask for player imput, duh!
For all your bragging about all the supposed sports you play, You don't really seem to have a handle on what really happens on a pro team.
Give ya this though. You do toot your own horn a lot about your impressive athletic abilities.
I don't talk that much about my past in sports but I've been around it long enough to learn that guys that brag about themselves, probably have something to hide.
Kinda like the guys that are always heard talking about the size of their D**K, their ashamed of their big 3.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"evolution"

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:17 am

Again Micky, you are talking to a guy whose life experience is as a ball hockey player or male cheerleading. He was the kid picked last in intramurals regardless of his great escapades posted above. Consider the source.

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:27 pm

micky107 wrote: FFS! Did I say run the team? No! Read the freakin post and try, (I know it's hard for you), to comprehend it.
I think you'll eventually find that if you want to avoid some pointless discussion sidetracks, on this board you have to follow the advice of William Taft and "Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood." Many of your potential readers will deliberately distort your ideas if you leave them the opportunity.

If I were in Linden or Benning's position, I would be interested in the opinions on Willie of all the veterans with the experience and smarts to know the difference between good coaching and bad (if I thought I could get candid opinions), so that would include Hamhuis, even if I weren't sure I could sign him. On the other hand, Linden and Benning have hockey knowledge and experience that I don't, so they might be able to infer from other sources anything they could hope to learn from such input.

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:30 pm

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
micky107 wrote: FFS! Did I say run the team? No! Read the freakin post and try, (I know it's hard for you), to comprehend it.
I think you'll eventually find that if you want to avoid some pointless discussion sidetracks, on this board you have to follow the advice of William Taft and "Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood." Many of your potential readers will deliberately distort your ideas if you leave them the opportunity.

If I were in Linden or Benning's position, I would be interested in the opinions on Willie of all the veterans with the experience and smarts to know the difference between good coaching and bad (if I thought I could get candid opinions), so that would include Hamhuis, even if I weren't sure I could sign him. On the other hand, Linden and Benning have hockey knowledge and experience that I don't, so they might be able to infer from other sources anything they could hope to learn from such input.
So....what are you saying RG? :wink:
Getting old is not for the young...