Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote:Poor guy? His wife was expecting and he didn't want to leave the city. He gave his list. Bottom line, even outside his list, I heard there were no offers.
I liked Lou but that contract, IMO, was and is the single most destructive thing ever to have happened to this franchise. Who didn't it piss-off? I guess maybe one could argue it got us to the finals but what a long term price to pay. GMMG never was as effective and seemed to lose whatever credibility he had with other GMs.
Pissed off Bettman, who is a business man, a business man who holds grudges like forever. And on and on.
I think it's a little better now but it is still the same owner, who was very involved, right to the end.
I guess what I'm saying is; Are we at least getting back to playing on a level field in regards to our reputation?
Hope so...
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Poor guy? His wife was expecting and he didn't want to leave the city. He gave his list. Bottom line, even outside his list, I heard there were no offers.
I liked Lou but that contract, IMO, was and is the single most destructive thing ever to have happened to this franchise. Who didn't it piss-off? I guess maybe one could argue it got us to the finals but what a long term price to pay. GMMG never was as effective and seemed to lose whatever credibility he had with other GMs.
Pissed off Bettman, who is a business man, a business man who holds grudges like forever. And on and on.
I think it's a little better now but it is still the same owner, who was very involved, right to the end.
I guess what I'm saying is; Are we at least getting back to playing on a level field in regards to our reputation?
Hope so...
I was talking about Vrbata.
The only HW the Canucks need
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Tciso wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Pretty sad looking line up when the twins are done. No question we will see more changes between now and then. I'm in the camp that hopes they sign 1-2, one year deals after this contract is up. Would be nice to have a number one centre by then so the twins can play a lesser role for 1-2 years. Would be nice to have a PP that can send them to the second unit. If they could become our secondary scoring it would be a fine ending to the transition.
I hope so, HW. Having 2 great, but inseperateable, and untradeable aging assets means that a whole-sale re-build is impossible. We can't trade them for picks/players ala Iginla, as they have NTC, and very few teams could, or would take them as a package. But, I do think that our young players and prospects are looking good, and if GMJB keeps going as he has, we will be competitive next season.
We are going to the playoffs this year. We have good goaltending, decent defence and a few young guys who are just going to get better. My only real concern is the coach. Willie does not seem to have the right temperament for this level of hockey.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Still no excuse for his attitude and uninspired play for most of the year.
Just about the worst example for young guys to see.
I'll just play like crap if I don't play with who I want to.
If that doesn't work, I'll make my little boo-boo get me some time off..
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

damonberryman wrote:
Tciso wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Pretty sad looking line up when the twins are done. No question we will see more changes between now and then. I'm in the camp that hopes they sign 1-2, one year deals after this contract is up. Would be nice to have a number one centre by then so the twins can play a lesser role for 1-2 years. Would be nice to have a PP that can send them to the second unit. If they could become our secondary scoring it would be a fine ending to the transition.
I hope so, HW. Having 2 great, but inseperateable, and untradeable aging assets means that a whole-sale re-build is impossible. We can't trade them for picks/players ala Iginla, as they have NTC, and very few teams could, or would take them as a package. But, I do think that our young players and prospects are looking good, and if GMJB keeps going as he has, we will be competitive next season.
We are going to the playoffs this year. We have good goaltending, decent defence and a few young guys who are just going to get better. My only real concern is the coach. Willie does not seem to have the right temperament for this level of hockey.
Jarvis will help: A LOT..
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Yeah that thread is a fucking trainwreck.
I plan on being the sole survivor...

To justify your sex life.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Coldsteel79
AHL Prospect

Post by Coldsteel79 »

damonberryman wrote:
Tciso wrote:
That's why they got jarvis
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote:Your more like the Bruce Willis in the movie where he didn't realize he was already dead....,

:lol:
Gotta admit Reef: :lol:

(though you should've just posted an appropriate pic from said movie)

You have learned well my son...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: To justify your sex life.
nobody does it better… Image

:blush:
____