Lineup Predictions 2016-17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Lineup Predictions 2016-17

Post by Topper » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:07 pm

You mean 31 year old fourth line role player Richardson vs 27 year old foundation player Brandon Sutter?

Does that mean you regret the Bonino trade?

You mean can't crack an NHL lineup Ryan Stanton vs Stalwart NHL defender Luca Sbisa?

LOL Blobby you not only haven't watched the standing (cough, cough, CHOKE, CHOKE) in years, I doubt you have watched hockey in years.

What did SportsNet tell you this morning? Did it agree with your buddies at HF?

And what is this Errorhoff deal you speak of. Is like TO acquiring the bloated contract of Horton as the Canucks did with taking Lukowich's contract off the Sharks?

Nowhere in Benning's plan is loading up on overpriced old guys with extended contracts.

Further on up the road.........
Last edited by Topper on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:15 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:I thought Benning's plan included competing on a nightly basis?
A healthy Canuck lineup does and was chasing down a wildcard spot.

Your point.......other than your pinhead.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:27 pm

I remember times like this through parts of the 70s and 80s
We didn't have computers to vent our frustrations then.
I do remember a few bar fights.
Something good is going to happen by next year.
Don't for the life of me know what the fuck it will be,
But something
"evolution"

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:52 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote: the team is just as good with Brad Richardson and Ryan Stanton as they are with Brandon Sutter and Luca Sbisa.
Now see, this is why no one takes you seriously anymore Batman....

____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:10 pm

Topper wrote:Blobby went off the rails here when he started reporting on the anti Benning sentiment at HF...soaked into his every pore.
This is seriously actually how I see it as well.

It's what he... and IN... get for swimming in piss infected waters.

A foreign substance introduced into their precious bodily fluids

... without the knowledge of the individual.

Certainly without any choice.

That's the way your hard-core sack-less Canuck-hater works!

Canuck-hater infiltration, Canuck-hater indoctrination, Canuck-hater subversion

... and the international Canuck-hater conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:17 pm

Strangelove wrote: Sedin – Sedin – Okposo
Baertschi – Horvat – Virtanen
Lucic – Granlund – Sutter
Etem – Gaunce – Dorsett
Rodin

(Luongo retained $800K, buyout Higgins $800K, send McCann down, trade Burrows + Hansen for pick)
Upon further reflection...

Sedin – Sedin – Okposo
Baertschi – Horvat – Rodin
Lucic – McCann – Sutter
Dorsett – Gaunce – Virtanen
Granlund

:thumbs:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:23 pm

micky107 wrote: Something good is going to happen by next year.
Don't for the life of me know what the fuck it will be,
But something
A couple of the kids will step up, who knows who.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:57 pm

Topper wrote:A plan was stated and kept to.
According to the best explanation of the plan I could get
Hockey Widow wrote: He has said you need to be big, strong, tough down the middle. Still looking to get that in the line up. But he has Horvat going, he added Sutter and Granlund. Far from where we need to be in this regard but he's working on it.
Benning has added Vey, Granlund, Sutter, and McCann, none of whom fit this model (I can't fault him for Bonino because he did not have much in the way of options).
Hockey Widow wrote:4) he wants to stay competitive while transition ( rebuilding). He brought in vet players like Miller, Vrbata, Sutter, Dorsett, Prust to help achieve that goal.

7) said the goal will always be to make the playoffs and be competitive every night. There will be no "tank". Will foster a winning attitude.
If that's the real plan, it has not been successfully executed this season. I make allowances for the possibility that, for a variety of reasons, he might not want to share the real plan. If he's a genius, we should really expect him to be more subtle than this, anyway.

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:47 am

Topper wrote:You mean 31 year old fourth line role player Richardson vs 27 year old foundation player Brandon Sutter?

Does that mean you regret the Bonino trade?

You mean can't crack an NHL lineup Ryan Stanton vs Stalwart NHL defender Luca Sbisa?

LOL Blobby you not only haven't watched the standing (cough, cough, CHOKE, CHOKE) in years, I doubt you have watched hockey in years.

What did SportsNet tell you this morning? Did it agree with your buddies at HF?

And what is this Errorhoff deal you speak of. Is like TO acquiring the bloated contract of Horton as the Canucks did with taking Lukowich's contract off the Sharks?

Nowhere in Benning's plan is loading up on overpriced old guys with extended contracts.

Further on up the road.........
Benning called Sutter a foundational player , so it must be true. Trevor called Dorsett a foundational player as well.LOL
Bonino trade was fine. Sutters new contract is horrific for a third line player.
Stanton outplayed Sbisa at a fraction of the cost. He's on the best team in the league. Sbisa couldn't crack that defence no matter how many times you call him a stalwart.
I think you need to trim that beard as it has grown over your eyes. If I haven't watched the games, I'm wondering if you have even listened to them for the past few years considering your analysis.Watch by Braille I guess ??

You lose all credibility comparing a 2009-2011 Ehrhoff to Nathan Horton. He was 28 and making less money than Sbisa.Overpriced old guy my ass.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:03 am

Topper wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:I thought Benning's plan included competing on a nightly basis?
A healthy Canuck lineup does and was chasing down a wildcard spot.

Your point.......other than your pinhead.
You mean the team that was outshot and outchanced on a nightly basis. Injuries are a fact of life and nothing more than an excuse. The Canucks don't have the leagues worst goal differential by accident. The stat continues to be the best indicator of how well a team is actually playing. The playoff chase was a mirage and little more than smoke and mirrors.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:07 am

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Benning has added Vey, Granlund, Sutter, and McCann, none of whom fit this model (I can't fault him for Bonino because he did not have much in the way of options).

If that's the real plan, it has not been successfully executed this season. I make allowances for the possibility that, for a variety of reasons, he might not want to share the real plan. If he's a genius, we should really expect him to be more subtle than this, anyway.
Careful, lest yet be known as a pisser.

According to some of the orally-attached, Benning's plan is to be everything to everyone. Much like a Liberal, he will promise a rebuild one day, and a competitive team the next. But who knows, the way this season is going it might not matter who's in charge at the top, we'll get our high draft pick no thanks to Benning (notice Topper already using the injury excuse), and in 2-3 years the guzzlers will be saying how this was planned all along.

Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Post by Uncle dans leg » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:01 am

Island Nucklehead wrote: the guzzlers
:lol:
nobody focks...with the jesus

Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Post by Uncle dans leg » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:05 am

In fairness, what the team really needed was a shit season or 2 with a top 5 pick or 2 to set up the next core group. Well that's exactly what it looks like we're going to get.
It's a tank alright. The question is whether it's via intelligent design or devolution
nobody focks...with the jesus

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:35 am

Hockey Widow wrote:
Topper wrote:Blobby went off the rails here when he started reporting on the anti Benning sentiment at HF...soaked into his every poor.

I don't look there and I keep a level headed long term outlook.
Blob actually started out as a moderate. Ok with Benning's drafting. Accepting of what he got back for Kesler. Ok with the addition of Dorsett. Critical of leaching draft picks in making trades and pissed at some contract extensions.

He went from bashing on the Kassian deal to back tracking once Kassian's problems were revealed, and supporting the move.

He turned fanatical after being "attacked" and often misquoted by some other fanatics on the other side.

WTF is up with me defending Blob this past week or so? I gotta stop speaking for this guy. I just like him I guess :oops: :oops:
I was moderate and the discussion about management became so polarized because of the get along gang praising every single thing Elmer does good or bad. These idiots think the guy could walk across the Fraser River. I happen to think he would need hip waders to navigate a six inch deep mud puddle.

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:57 am

I would like to wait a year before saying Sutter's contract is bad, 9 points in 20 games with a 52% FO.

If he was healthy and had some wingers I don't see why he couldn't be a 40 - 50 point guy? Maybe again his salary is a little high and he can move up and down the line as needed. Sbisa to me is just a bad contract and only because of massive injuries does he play as much as he does, right now he is 5th on the D as Hutton has passed him and provides more future opportunities.

Anyway, I am all for making the playoffs next season. This year of not even being in the playoff hunt really sucks and not something that I would look forward to for 10 years such as the Oilers. Not sure how that team even has any fans? I can really see how some teams have trouble drawing fans if year after year they are bottom 10, no hope to make the playoffs.