NHL business

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: NHL business

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:Stupid media and their fake news!!
... unless Aftonbladet is the fake news. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Too bad they don't have a Redden playing along side him.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Dunno where to post this but I’ve thought about it and I’m dead set against expansion into Seattle. Just not interested in years of beat downs by a stacked expansion team on our back door.

Vegas is bad enough after the shit and abuse we’ve been handed since the original 12 expansion.

I’d be pretty fucking bitter having to watch a Seattle team live it up because Bettman is a Kunt
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ukcanuck wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:45 pm Dunno where to post this but I’ve thought about it and I’m dead set against expansion into Seattle. Just not interested in years of beat downs by a stacked expansion team on our back door.

Vegas is bad enough after the shit and abuse we’ve been handed since the original 12 expansion.

I’d be pretty fucking bitter having to watch a Seattle team live it up because Bettman is a Kunt
Even worse if we lose a good young player.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:53 pm
We won't.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:54 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:53 pm
We won't.
We don’t have any :P
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

This whole expansion thing lately...

It was bad enough when Carolina won the cup but at least they used to be Hartford and the Howes played there.

But Tampa bay on the cup beside the names that represent one hundred years of glory?

Even if they did deny the Calgary team a second cup. It still sucks.

If they end up putting Vegas on the cup...

Well might as well start handing out tin medals and participation ribbons
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s all cyclical. One day the Canucks will be competitive again.

Try to focus on 3 - 4 years from now :mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:45 pm Dunno where to post this but I’ve thought about it and I’m dead set against expansion into Seattle. Just not interested in years of beat downs by a stacked expansion team on our back door.

Expansion teams get one player from every other roster. Just one.

One player does not a hockey team make. Just ask Edmonton.

If for some reason the above ceases to hold true, then only a complete moron would not protect said player.

If losing a single skater destroys a team, the said team sucked already.

I would expect to see Benning hand out contract offers and extensions that are tendered with the pending Seattle expansion in mind.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:17 pm It’s all cyclical. One day the Canucks will be competitive again.

Try to focus on 3 - 4 years from now :mex:

I know you’re trying to be sarcastic and all but I actually do focus a few years down the road.

It’s why I remember thinking would it be worth it to surrender the future for a serious crack at the cup in 2011. Turns out it wasn’t.

But have you been paying attention these past 50 odd years of the Bundy curse and our lovable Canucks?

Exhibit A - western backwater redneck central city joins from WHA and rattles off 5 Stanley cups instead of a dozen years in NHL toilet.

Exhibit B - western back water redneck central city moves from hockey hotbed Atlanta and manages at least one Stanley cup and the official capacity to annually mock Vancouver.

Exhibit C - Los Angeles/Anaheim 3 Stanley cups for a city that barely knows it has two hockey teams.

I’m not even going to mention Perrault or our one superstar who decided he wanted out and a trade that broke hearts or losing two Stanley cup final game 7s Or a dozen other heartbreaks.

Anyway....

cycle up or cycle down, you have to know Seattle is going to own Vancouver
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think that most of the league is going to own Vancouver for a few years yet. Similar to the last five seasons with one outlier of a season where they got every bounce and break imaginable
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canucks currently own the worlds best NHL Prospect - Pettersson (See Button list)
Gaudette nominated for the Hobey Baker award is leading the NCAA in scoring. Ranked 26th on Buttons list. A real competitor
Brock Boeser, the All Star Game hero, is in the running for the Calder trophy
Bo Horvat - heart and soul of the team
Demko - Future elite NHL goalie. Ranked 42nd on Buttons list
Lind - ripping it up in the WHL, at a better pace than Glass. Gritty winger with good size, decent speed and beast mode skill
Gadjovich - WJC Team Canada 2018 a massive point producer in the OHL, big bodied winger, skill and toughness
WIll Lockwood - WJC Team USA 2018. A Buzzsaw
Jonathon Dahlen - 2017 WJC star, ripping it up in Sweden and ranked 31st on Buttons list
Tryamkin, twice voted the KHL defenceman of the month, putting up great numbers and leads the KHL in penalty minutes
Juolevi - 2017 WJC star, stud in the 2018 WJC, playing against men and ranked 24th on Button's list
Virtanen - Big bodies winger with a great shot and insane speed. Starting to come into his own.

Yup Bubbles, the future just doesn't look good for your Vancouver Canucks
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

^^^^^^Dats NHL Bidness right der folks ^^^^^^
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:28 pm I think that most of the league is going to own Vancouver for a few years yet. Similar to the last five seasons with one outlier of a season where they got every bounce and break imaginable
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:02 pm ^^^^^^Dats NHL Bidness right der folks ^^^^^^
:hmmm:

So WHO is the one that took us off track?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:27 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:28 pm I think that most of the league is going to own Vancouver for a few years yet. Similar to the last five seasons with one outlier of a season where they got every bounce and break imaginable
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:02 pm ^^^^^^Dats NHL Bidness right der folks ^^^^^^
:hmmm:

So WHO is the one that took us off track?
I was answering ukcanuck who said Seattle will own Vancouver. You’re like the fat ugly girl who follows a guy everywhere :lol: