NHL business

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: NHL business

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Lol. I started spreading my whiskey purchases around town to hide the fact I am drinking too much!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 am When i walk into the local dispensary they all cheer my name like Norm
:lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:08 pm Lol. I started spreading my whiskey purchases around town to hide the fact I am drinking too much!
I just wear a mask.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:39 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:54 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:16 pm .... so, it’s offseason, and I don’t read here much.
Its good you came back...
To clarify, I didn’t leave, just don’t comment or read it all...
Welcome back brotha :D
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

NHL Likely To Approve Helmet Ads Soon
By Mark J. Burns
Thursday, December 17, 2020
The NHL’s Board of Governors could approve helmet ads for the '20-21 season as early as today, sources tell SBJ. These people said it’s “likely” that the asset will be approved. A Board of Governors call is scheduled for today.

Sources said that the helmet ads for the upcoming season are primarily designed as a make good for naming rights sponsors and founding-level type partners, subject to league approval. The sticker placement of sponsors would be located on both sides of a player’s helmet, sources said, and only one brand would be allowed at a time on the helmet.

Sources said that teams will likely have the option of selecting one brand for all home games and one brand for all away games, but they won’t be able to swap different sponsors throughout the season. It’s currently unclear what the exact size of the sponsor stickers will look like.

Beyond being a make good for significant sponsors, sources characterized the one-year initiative as an opportunity for teams and the league to gather media impression data, on-air screen time and other metrics before potentially taking the new asset to market as part of a larger sponsorship package.

At this time, conversations are ongoing for what helmet ads could look like beyond the '20-21 season, sources said, with one individual referring to the possibility of selling helmet ad sponsorships in the future as a significant revenue opportunity. Chicago-based consulting and analytics firm Navigate estimated that NHL helmet ads would be worth “roughly $2.5 million in fair market value for an average team.”

The American Hockey League, the AAA equivalent of minor pro hockey in North America, has had helmet ads dating back to the mid-1990s, according to a league spokesperson. Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman first reported a week ago the possibility of ads on NHL players’ helmets.
LINK.And so it begins. Be the whole shootin works before too long. :( Inevitable. wth, if it helps pay the bills, so be it.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:44 am LINK.And so it begins. Be the whole shootin works before too long. :( Inevitable. wth, if it helps pay the bills, so be it.
"the whole shooting match"

Hey Micky, how much would you charge me to place a Strangelove tat on your forehead? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:38 pm
Hey Micky, how much would you charge me to place a Strangelove tat on your forehead? :mrgreen:
Been a while since I've bought shells. I'll let ya know.. :idea:

:mrgreen:
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Micky wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:44 am NHL Likely To Approve Helmet Ads Soon
I'd like to see a condom ad on Loui's helmet. Someone's gotta try to f$%k some sense into his head. Maybe the Target logo on Brad Marchant's forehead? Customized ads for each player could be a lot of fun.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

NHL could play all games in U.S. if all-Canadian division can't work
Chris Johnston@reporterchris
December 17, 2020, 4:33 PM
As the NHL continues to work through discussions with five different provincial health authorities about its plans to stage the upcoming season, a fallback option looms in the background.

The possibility of playing entirely in the United States.

Sources say that’s the likely outcome if agreements can’t be reached to make the all-Canadian Division a reality for 2020-21.
More.....LINK......

No comment from me at this point. Like to hear what fans reactions are here and across the country.

I will say; Well Duh on the Jays and Raptors.. :roll:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:04 pm No comment from me at this point.
Say it ain't so!!! :(

Tell us what to think Micky... TELL US WHAT TO THINK!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Statement from the Public Health Agency of Canada: Statement.Terse and to the point.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Sporting teams are prohibited from travelling from and to BC. So Vancouver would have to find a home rink elsewhere in Canada. Quebec? Saskatchewan? Hamilton?
The only HW the Canucks need
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Micky wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:44 am NHL Likely To Approve Helmet Ads Soon
By Mark J. Burns
Thursday, December 17, 2020
The NHL’s Board of Governors could approve helmet ads for the '20-21 season as early as today, sources tell SBJ. These people said it’s “likely” that the asset will be approved. A Board of Governors call is scheduled for today.

Sources said that the helmet ads for the upcoming season are primarily designed as a make good for naming rights sponsors and founding-level type partners, subject to league approval. The sticker placement of sponsors would be located on both sides of a player’s helmet, sources said, and only one brand would be allowed at a time on the helmet.

Sources said that teams will likely have the option of selecting one brand for all home games and one brand for all away games, but they won’t be able to swap different sponsors throughout the season. It’s currently unclear what the exact size of the sponsor stickers will look like.

Beyond being a make good for significant sponsors, sources characterized the one-year initiative as an opportunity for teams and the league to gather media impression data, on-air screen time and other metrics before potentially taking the new asset to market as part of a larger sponsorship package.

At this time, conversations are ongoing for what helmet ads could look like beyond the '20-21 season, sources said, with one individual referring to the possibility of selling helmet ad sponsorships in the future as a significant revenue opportunity. Chicago-based consulting and analytics firm Navigate estimated that NHL helmet ads would be worth “roughly $2.5 million in fair market value for an average team.”

The American Hockey League, the AAA equivalent of minor pro hockey in North America, has had helmet ads dating back to the mid-1990s, according to a league spokesperson. Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman first reported a week ago the possibility of ads on NHL players’ helmets.
LINK.And so it begins. Be the whole shootin works before too long. :( Inevitable. wth, if it helps pay the bills, so be it.
Naked fucking greed.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hopefully its not too long before the whole shooting works though
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP