The Great Jim Benning Debate! (And personal insult thread)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: The Great Jim Benning Debate!

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:04 am Not that kind - like alot of teams this team has had no luck, while some teams have had some good luck lately.

ikd feels like this team is due.
isn't that what HW said?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:04 am Not that kind - like alot of teams this team has had no luck, while some teams have had some good luck lately.

I know what you mean. Drafting Boeser, Gaudette, Demko, Tryamkin outside the lotto zone is genius not luck. I guess we were lucky that no drafted Pettersen ahead of us.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:54 am

I know what you mean. Drafting Boeser, Gaudette, Demko, Tryamkin outside the lotto zone is genius not luck. I guess we were lucky that no drafted Pettersen ahead of us.
do you ever say anything else or is this all you got?

give it a rest for a week or 2 please.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 am

RoyalDude is a must read at this site.

You could learn a lot from him.

You constantly ask him to "give it a rest".

Yeah, perhaps you should give that a rest. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:55 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:34 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:38 pm Hopefully a couple of posters who’ve been bombing the board with bird shit Benning propaganda for the last few years just read that well written post by HW.
Interesting.

What effect do you feel HW's well written post should have had on these alleged spreaders of propaganda?
It probably will have no effect. People will still lick windows in the short bus. It happens. Carry on
Speaking of short bus riders...

it appears you saw the word "will" where the word "should" was written.

Try again good buddy? :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:53 am
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 am

RoyalDude is a must read at this site.

You could learn a lot from him.

You constantly ask him to "give it a rest".

Yeah, perhaps you should give that a rest. :D
Make you a deal, I will “give it a rest” for a week if you do as well?

No?

Didn’t think so.

Also not surprised you jumped to his defence.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

- Matthew 7:5

:D

NOW: Please stop taking us off topic with your personal attacks on poster RoyalDude.

Your cooperation in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:58 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:38 pm Hopefully a couple of posters who’ve been bombing the board with bird shit Benning propaganda for the last few years just read that well written post by HW.
Interesting.

What effect do you feel HW's well written post should have had on these alleged spreaders of propaganda?
It probably will have no effect. People will still lick windows in the short bus. It happens. Carry on

Meh..... ok ? Go back to your seat and apply your tongue to the window Clark Parker.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:43 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:58 am
Interesting.

Meh..... ok ? Go back to your seat and apply your tongue to the window Clark Parker.
Blob are you saying you'd rather not answer the question:

"What effect do you feel HW's well written post should have had on these alleged spreaders of propaganda?"

If so, I completely understand... but it makes your original post completely irrelevant I'm afraid. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I would think a person should have interpreted that there are some in the organization who are not fond of some of the contracts and some of the moves that Elmer has made during his tenure. Not EVERYBODY is stoked to re-sign him to a long term extension at the moment. Specifically noted was the lack of depth and the trade deadline fiasco.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:10 am I would think a person should have interpreted that there are some in the organization who are not fond of some of the contracts and some of the moves that Elmer has made during his tenure. Not EVERYBODY is stoked to re-sign him to a long term extension at the moment. Specifically noted was the lack of depth and the trade deadline fiasco.
Ahh but why would that affect "alleged spreaders of Benning propaganda"?

Wouldn't spreaders of Benning propaganda (real or imaginary) respond that IF that speculation was true

... that those folks "in the organization" (in fact the owners) can't recognize a "genius" when they see one?

And btw that part of her post is speculation.

She said of that particular part: "those are the optics some espouse".

She also speculated as to how much damage the owners "meddling" may have done

... and that the owners may be their “own worst enemy at times”.

Wouldn't your alleged spreaders of Benning propaganda suggest that IF the owners are in fact doubting GMJB

... they are indeed their “own worst enemy"?

Aside from that bit of speculation, she stated that what is proven fact

... is that the owners are "controlling" and "underhanded". ("this is not news")

IF the speculation part of her post turned out to be true

... wouldn't your alleged spreaders of Benning propaganda seize upon that "proven fact"?

Wouldn't they turn on those "controlling and underhanded, own worst enemy" owners?

BTW Blob, I think you lapped up the speculation part of that well written post because you want to believe it's true.

I find it silly that you expect your alleged spreaders of Benning propaganda would do the same.

To put it in your terms, silly in a short-bus-window-licking kind of way? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

It's generally better to have more continuity at the GM level than less. Teams that are constantly turning over their front office are rarely successful. JB has done well enough to get an extension. Offer 2, maybe 3 years and get on with it.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doc I could give two fucks what you and the Dud think to be quite honest. I enjoy the banter for the most part. The reality is the truth about the quality of the job Elmer has done is somewhere between good and shitty. I have given him props for his work for the last 12 months. However he deserves a boot in the teeth for his work in his first 2 1/2 seasons. We will see if he gets re upped or not. If it’s longer than two seasons it’s a mistake. If they can get a guy like Brisebois or Fenton here, give him the boot. If you’re replacing him with Holland , I’m not sure that’s the right move. I’m on the fence regarding Dean Lombardi.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

"BTW Blob, I think you lapped up the speculation part of that well written post because you want to believe it's true.

I find it silly that you expect your alleged spreaders of Benning propaganda would do the same."
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:13 am "BTW Blob, I think you lapped up the speculation part of that well written post because you want to believe it's true.

I find it silly that you expect your alleged spreaders of Benning propaganda would do the same."
Whatever helps you sleep at night. If you honestly think that everyone in the organization is thrilled with the job Elmer is doing , who am I to convince you ? We will know soon enough. As I said I’m generally ok with a maximum 2 year extension. That said if Fenton or Brisebois turn up somewhere else as a GM next season I’ll be fucking pissed off if they weren’t even approached by the Aquilinis.

Now get back on your bus and apply your tongue to the window