The Great Jim Benning Debate! (And personal insult thread)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Great Jim Benning Debate!

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Every team has Gaudette , Lockwood and Brisebois type prospects. None of these guys has proven a thing. Tryamkin was a good pick but he wants nothing to do with this organization.Elmer will be judged on Boeser, Juolevi, Virtanen, McCann and this years pick.
Gaudette ranked 40th on Craig Buttons Top 50 prospects list. Pierre MaGuire drools over Gaudette but that don't matter, just McCann matters who never made the top 50 list, whom the Panthers are not happy with but we got Gudbranson for? Boeser drafted 23rd overall was ranked 15th if memory serves. How'd you like Boesers play when
We signed him? Demko made the list as well, but that don't matter
If Craig, Pierre and Bob were that great of assessing talent then they would be making a hell of a lot more money being a GM of a NHL team and not siting on the sidelines trying to peddle their ware for key clicks.
So Gaudette, Boeser, Juolevi, Demko no good and undeserving of being selected to anyone's Top 50 list let alone Buttons? Interesting
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

They may turn out to be great players but I do not try to justify how good a GM is by quoting a list that I can do just as good within 30 minutes.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So disregard all positive reportings on any exciting Canuck prospects whom quite a few insiders really like and stay all Chicken Little like you cause it's cool?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote:They may turn out to be great players but I do not try to justify how good a GM is by quoting a list that I can do just as good within 30 minutes.
:look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

On the internet, you can find all the positive you want.
On the internet, you can find all the negative you want.
It surprises me how that can turn so many people into complete, um

Oh ya, really good debaters ! :idea:
"evolution"
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

How about that Erikson tonight eh? Jim got us a 6 million dollar man right there - beauty. Then there's Tkachuk playing his second season in the NHL - scored 2 goals in yesterday's game. But Jim opted for a scrawny Finn instead who wasn't good enough to compete in the NHL this year. I guess seeing Ehlers flying along in his second season in tonight's game, kind of gets my ire re: Jim's so-called 'greatness'. Great at what?? Contracts? First round selections? Acquiring reclamation projects?

(Sigh). Me thinks this could be another long year. Attendance is likely going to take a major shit-kicking - again. The Aqualinis may well have had enough of the 'greatness' by season's end.
cc oldtimer
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

It's game 3 nuckster chill :lol:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

SKYO wrote:It's game 3 nuckster chill :lol:
ok :eh:
cc oldtimer
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol Brandon Sutter just raking in the ice time.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

nuckster wrote:How about that Erikson tonight eh? Jim got us a 6 million dollar man right there - beauty. Then there's Tkachuk playing his second season in the NHL - scored 2 goals in yesterday's game. But Jim opted for a scrawny Finn instead who wasn't good enough to compete in the NHL this year. I guess seeing Ehlers flying along in his second season in tonight's game, kind of gets my ire re: Jim's so-called 'greatness'. Great at what?? Contracts? First round selections? Acquiring reclamation projects?

(Sigh). Me thinks this could be another long year. Attendance is likely going to take a major shit-kicking - again. The Aqualinis may well have had enough of the 'greatness' by season's end.
Nuckster meet Blob Mackenzie

Blob - Nuckster

Nuckster - Blob
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Well we know you know Doc and Dude up close and personal. :lol:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

nuckster wrote:
SKYO wrote:It's game 3 nuckster chill :lol:
ok
atta boy. :thumbs:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

FWIW someone said they heard Gary Mason say on am650 that Elmer’s situation will likely not be resolved until seasons end. The owners are pissed about the empty seats and the loss of revenue. Mason is as plugged in as anyone concerning the Canucks. Funny to hear Geoff Courtnall has been seen with Aquilini a few times recently
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:43 am FWIW someone said they heard Gary Mason say on am650 that Elmer’s situation will likely not be resolved until seasons end. The owners are pissed about the empty seats and the loss of revenue. Mason is as plugged in as anyone concerning the Canucks. Funny to hear Geoff Courtnall has been seen with Aquilini a few times recently
I don't see many ads anymore, anywhere.
Isn't that Trevor's job?
Has his budget been cut?
Going on bike trips? :lol:
"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:43 am FWIW someone said they heard Gary Mason say on am650 that Elmer’s situation will likely not be resolved until seasons end. The owners are pissed about the empty seats and the loss of revenue. Mason is as plugged in as anyone concerning the Canucks. Funny to hear Geoff Courtnall has been seen with Aquilini a few times recently
I'm not really sure what the Aquaboys want. Benning tried it their way. The "rebuild on the fly" was an unmitigated disaster. You can't force people to pay hundreds of dollars to watch a shitty team. Vancouver's an expensive city, and you can watch them lose at home for free.

Nobody is turning this thing around quick. One way to save some money through the lean years: Don't be a cap team. Think we'd miss Loui Eriksson in the standings? There's $5M/year saved.