Co-Eds That Can Score!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Co-Eds That Can Score!

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote:Apparently Caggiula was impressed with the city, the new arena, management and the way he was treated. But the new arena really caught his eye. Said it was a hard choice. Really liked Vancouver and the opportunity.
Seriously, though, I knew a year ago that for a time, that new building will create some good times for them.
Maybe not a long time though...........
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a .....
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote:
@FriedgeHNIC

Hearing word that VAN & OTT have been told they will not be Drake Caggiula's destination. That puts the spotlight on EDM.
Oilers got em.
Glad we didn't get him. We have enuff skilled, but undersized, dinky, shrimps on our team.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Glad we didn't get him. We have enuff skilled, but undersized, dinky, shrimps on our team.
That's kind of like saying I'm glad we didn't use our 2nd or 3rd round pick...

You always take a chance on skilled prospects when you don't have to give up assets.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cornuck wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Glad we didn't get him. We have enuff skilled, but undersized, dinky, shrimps on our team.
That's kind of like saying I'm glad we didn't use our 2nd or 3rd round pick...

You always take a chance on skilled prospects when you don't have to give up assets.
yo cornuck that's just all our ways of making ourselves feel better that we didn't land caggilia :)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
SKYO wrote:
@FriedgeHNIC

Hearing word that VAN & OTT have been told they will not be Drake Caggiula's destination. That puts the spotlight on EDM.
Oilers got em.
Glad we didn't get him. We have enuff skilled, but undersized, dinky, shrimps on our team.
Don't be glad, be mad! It's ok to be mad.
He would have been a huge step up from guys like Vey, plays with an edge that we needed.
We took our best shot but Edmonton used the aid of iconic hockey legends to help sway him and "his people".
The positive is that JB is trying to add team toughness and that shows me, for one, that he's on the right track so he'll keep looking.... 8-)
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Cornuck wrote: That's kind of like saying I'm glad we didn't use our 2nd or 3rd round pick...

Yeah, I guess. We already have Bearcheese and we're probably going to work in Rodin who are similar type players though. I think u can only have so many of those kind of guys on the roster. Look at a guy like Vey. He had a pretty good year the season prior. He's young, cheap and showed he could be a very good player in the AHL. Yet when he was on waiver, nobody picked him up. Just kind of speaks of the value of those kind of guys.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The problem with Vey isn't his hockey skills, in fact, they're pretty good.
The lack of willingness to compete in the dirty areas is and every team has him pegged, hence, very little value.
No one is suggesting he start dropping the gloves, just don't skate away from every scrum and be more willing to battle one on one for puck possession...More grit.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

micky107 wrote:The problem with Vey isn't his hockey skills, in fact, they're pretty good.
The lack of willingness to compete in the dirty areas is and every team has him pegged, hence, very little value.
No one is suggesting he start dropping the gloves, just don't skate away from every scrum and be more willing to battle one on one for puck possession...More grit.
Vey is really not that type of player though. It's like asking a cow to fly. *hehe*
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: The negative ninnies on here have no idea of what it takes to be a True Canuck Fan™. :evil:
____
Try to focus on someday.