Henrik Sedin vs Brett Burns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Henrik Sedin vs Brett Burns

Postby micky107 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:55 am

You know, I get the first little rough up, that's just spirited hokey to me but that second take out was way out there! I wonder if Henrik chirped something or was it a total lack of control or respect on Burn's part. Does anyone have a giant big screen T.V. and maybe saw something that I didn't?
"evolution"
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Henrik Sedin vs Brett Burns

Postby rats19 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:31 am

No it was at least an interference penalty the puck was 30+ ft away at the time of impact.

We are hated by the league....learn to accept it.
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Topper » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:47 am

Aaaaaah poor wittle Henrik doesn't get any respect.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby rats19 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:49 am

We have zero deterrent.... Zero I tells ya..
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Lancer » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:50 am

The more I looked at the replay, the more I shook my head, but Rats is right - the league doesn't give a shit about the safety of Vancouver's players and the Sedins still don't get any respect.

With the amount of games left, why not just shut him down for the season as well as Edler, Sutter and Hansen? Give them time to fully heal from the reported and un-reported injuries and get them ready for next year.

Give th kids some opportunity to show what they got, and improve our draft odds - until the league catches on and give them every chance to win the rest of the way. ;)
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Topper » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:59 am

That hit and the fist to Burrows face show why the Sharks are playoff bound and Vancouver isn't.

........but Marchand is an asshole.

LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby rats19 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:01 am

Lancer wrote:The more I looked at the replay, the more I shook my head, but Rats is right - the league doesn't give a shit about the safety of Vancouver's players and the Sedins still don't get any respect.

With the amount of games left, why not just shut him down for the season as well as Edler, Sutter and Hansen? Give them time to fully heal from the reported and un-reported injuries and get them ready for next year.

Give th kids some opportunity to show what they got, and improve our draft odds - until the league catches on and give them every chance to win the rest of the way. ;)

Ha-ha that'd be something to see....exquisite penalties called again opponents at exquisite times...lol it would be palpable.....

I know we are in the top of the league for overall penalties called for. But I also believe there is a more detailed set of stats within this one.. Mostly around the timing of the calls, the offsetting calls...that kind of thing that destroys the original stat and what it should bring....

Well, that and a horrible power play... :drink:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby micky107 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:08 am

Well, maybe the six, six Russian, who seems to be on his way to play this year and I don't mean in Utica, will do something. Now if Benning can talk both Demko and Boeser into contracts for next year, here! (education is over rated), I might get interested! Demko can play, he'll just need the right peeps around him to get use to the mega travel. If that can happen, Ta-Ta to six million for Miller next year and I can live with that!
"evolution"
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Hockey Widow » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:01 pm

micky107 wrote:Well, maybe the six, six Russian, who seems to be on his way to play this year and I don't mean in Utica, will do something. Now if Benning can talk both Demko and Boeser into contracts for next year, here! (education is over rated), I might get interested! Demko can play, he'll just need the right peeps around him to get use to the mega travel. If that can happen, Ta-Ta to six million for Miller next year and I can live with that!

I think Demko turns pro. Benning has already said they want Boeser to return to college for at least one more season. They plan to talk to him after next season and make an assessment then. So I doubt we see Boeser before then. If he has a strong second year then perhaps they get him to turn pro then but it won't be this summer. They don't really have room for him in Vancouver right now. And they want him to get at least one more year to mature before he turns pro and go to Utica.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Jovocop » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:12 pm

Topper wrote:That hit and the fist to Burrows face show why the Sharks are playoff bound and Vancouver isn't.

........but Marchand is an asshole.

LOL

At the same time, it is the same reason why the Sharks can never make it to the Finals, stupid penalties at the wrong time.
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby damonberryman » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:23 pm

micky107 wrote:Well, maybe the six, six Russian, who seems to be on his way to play this year and I don't mean in Utica, will do something. Now if Benning can talk both Demko and Boeser into contracts for next year, here! (education is over rated), I might get interested! Demko can play, he'll just need the right peeps around him to get use to the mega travel. If that can happen, Ta-Ta to six million for Miller next year and I can live with that!

Welcome to the board. DO NOT USE THAT FUCKING SHITBAG WORD "PEEPS"!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Please.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Island Nucklehead » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:26 pm

Would love to have Brent Burns on my team.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby Jovocop » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:40 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:Would love to have Brent Burns on my team.

Burns might be great during regular seasons but he has won absolutely nothing when it matters. If you have a choice, would you rather have Doughty or Burns?
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby SKYO » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:54 pm

We should thank Burns, as Henrik was playing in pain all this time, Burns said nah bruh you out for this season cuz, I'll help your team get a better pick for your future, and I'll join your team in 2017... BLAMO! hank out.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby rats19 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:07 pm

SKYO wrote:We should thank Burns, as Henrik was playing in pain all this time, Burns said nah bruh you out for this season cuz, I'll help your team get a better pick for your future, and I'll join your team in 2017... BLAMO! hank out.

Thnx chewy....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Next

Return to Canucks Corner Chat