2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22181
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Strangelove » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:25 pm

Rumsfeld wrote: Picking up Granlund and Larsen changed your mind about wanting picks back for our veterans? :lol:
No, the Granlund/Larsen/Etem pickups made me happy about deadline season.

(you implied I wasn't happy)
Rumsfeld wrote: The market for defensemen doesn't seem too dead to me.

Polak for two 2nds
Justin Shultz for a 3rd
Mike Weber for a 3rd
Kris Russell for a 1st/2nd and two prospects
JM Liles for a 3rd, 5th, prospect
Eric Gelinas for a 3rd
If you're not offered at least a 1st rounder for Hamhuis, you don't do the deal.

Where's the apology for completely misquoting me about expectations for Bart/Prust? :scowl:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22181
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Strangelove » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:32 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote: Seems like you, just like your Wizard, completely misread the chicken bones.
No one could foretell what the TDD market would be.

Did you? :roll:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8246
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Cornuck » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:34 pm

Ok - let's dial it back a little here. This is still a hockey thread, so you can move extra-curricular activities to the B&G or PMs.
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Arachnid » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Us True Canuck Believers™ have to stick together and have faith that Ol' Jimbo and Cap Trev are the Or(a)ca(cle) prophets we all thought they were and we will once again rein supreme in 2020.....

The Negative Nancy's never post any hockey knowledge...just taking out their sad pathetic lives on our beloved hockey team.

I am really going to sit back and enjoy the last push for the playoffs without fear of reading how bad we will suck forever.

Yours,
SpiderGuy
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Overtime » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:36 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Overtime wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:You've quoted the same post three times Mr Overtime
My apologies Mr. Blob. I was cleaning my gun and it accidentally discharged.
No worries I wasn't angry. Were you planning to confront a man with that gun ?
I was simply trying to multi-task; my Desktop received the wrong end of it. Oh well. My apologies Sir.

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8354
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Island Nucklehead » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:37 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Seems like you, just like your Wizard, completely misread the chicken bones.
No one could foretell what the TDD market would be.

Did you? :roll:
No, but unlike you I'm not pretending to be happy with how we did.

You'd think a genius would've made something happen.

User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4176
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Rumsfeld » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:38 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: Picking up Granlund and Larsen changed your mind about wanting picks back for our veterans? :lol:
No, the Granlund/Larsen/Etem pickups made me happy about deadline season.

(you implied I wasn't happy)
Rumsfeld wrote: The market for defensemen doesn't seem too dead to me.

Polak for two 2nds
Justin Shultz for a 3rd
Mike Weber for a 3rd
Kris Russell for a 1st/2nd and two prospects
JM Liles for a 3rd, 5th, prospect
Eric Gelinas for a 3rd
If you're not offered at least a 1st rounder for Hamhuis, you don't do the deal.

Where's the apology for completely misquoting me about expectations for Bart/Prust? :scowl:
I didn't completely misquote you, you said something about maybe getting 5ths and sevenths for Bart, Prust, Weber and the gang. Nothing wrong with those expectations.

Anyway whatever, I've completely abandoned any hope of getting an honest response from you or Topper about anything Jim Benning. You guys have heavily invested in him being a genius and now you're being made to look like fools (by him).

Your rage should be directed at Elmer, not the wise friends who tried to steer you clear of the precipice you currently dangle over. :D
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

User avatar
rikster
MVP
MVP
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:41 am

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by rikster » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:44 pm

For me the big issue is Dallas made another offer, if so you have a chance to get something for nothing. You can still re-sign Hamhuis in the summer and if he doesn't want to be here?
Hey DieHard...

If it were me and the offer was a late 3rd or 4th rounder, I wouldn't do the deal...

I wouldn't risk the Benn brothers and the quality of that hockey team luring Hamhuis into resigning there, not for that return....

Dallas has just 2 NHL defensemen signed for next season and a boatload of quality young blue liners in their system which makes Hamhuis an ideal fit there for the same reasons the team needs him here next season....Over paying him to resign there wouldn't be an issue...

The direction the team is going was set during those Presidents Trophy teams when the future was decimated in order to win now....

And as much as I am not a Gillis fan, its pretty shortsighted to blame him for some of the clauses he inserted into player contracts that have hand cuffed the team today, at the time him and Gillman were praised for their salary cap management skills...

This day will likely turn out to be like most UFA day's where the most active teams are considered winners and over time that turns out not to be the case....

I'm still holding out hope that the team can turn Edler into something significant at the draft and now that he's not dealt re sign Hamhuis before July 1st.

Take care....

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22181
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Strangelove » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:45 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Seems like you, just like your Wizard, completely misread the chicken bones.
No one could foretell what the TDD market would be.

Did you? :roll:
No, but unlike you I'm not pretending to be happy with how we did.
It's too bad that the market would not provide a 1st for Hamhuis, but it's not the end of the world.

I am very happy with Granlund, Larsen, and Etem pickups.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4176
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Rumsfeld » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:46 pm

Larsen. Etem. Granlund. LOL.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Arachnid » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:48 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Seems like you, just like your Wizard, completely misread the chicken bones.
No one could foretell what the TDD market would be.

Did you? :roll:
No, but unlike you I'm not pretending to be happy with how we did.
It's too bad that the market would not provide a 1st for Hamhuis, but it's not the end of the world.

I am very happy with Granlund, Larsen, and Etem pickups.
Not to mention Sven. :thumbs:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22181
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Strangelove » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:48 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Where's the apology for completely misquoting me about expectations for Bart/Prust? :scowl:
I didn't completely misquote you, you said something about maybe getting 5ths and sevenths for Bart, Prust, Weber and the gang. Nothing wrong with those expectations.
UMMMmmm... I said the exact opposite. :scowl:

I even gave you a link, what part of this did you not understand:
Strangelove wrote: You think Prust, Bartkowski, and Weber have trade value?? :shock:
Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22181
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Strangelove » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:49 pm

Arachnid wrote: Not to mention Sven. :thumbs:
:thumbs:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:52 pm

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Zedlee » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:54 pm

theman wrote:Listening to Benning presser on TSN, loved the part when he says he 'values draft picks', why the hell does he keep throwing picks into trades then?
Because they have a "plan".

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16253
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Rumsfeld wrote: Anyway whatever, I've completely abandoned any hope of getting an honest response from you or Topper about anything Jim Benning. You guys have heavily invested in him being a genius and now you're being made to look like fools (by him).

Your rage should be directed at Elmer, not the wise friends who tried to steer you clear of the precipice you currently dangle over. :D
Yeah it's impossible to get much more than a spew of drivel about Sbisa being a stalwart or Elmer being a genius , placeholders , three years out blah blah blah. The dude and shopping cart could also be tossed into that mix
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Post Reply