2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

:lol:
DonCherry4PM wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Something tells me Jimbo's not the best negotiator.
Wherever would you get an idea like that?

From what I read in the comments of RD, Topper and Strange, this guy has the Midas touch. It's just that the materials with which he is working are still in their raw form and haven't yet been fully refined. But once refined, we will see a true golden dynasty heralded by our great and wise leader - Genius Jim.
:lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Blob will never forgive me for slagging his favourite GM of all time - the professor, hence the poster the poster he has become
Yes I have such a cross to bare.
We know, however good luck with your journey, fwiw
Ok Arachnid
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

rikster wrote:
My problem is that Benning, who knew he had two teams to work with, failed to get a deal done..
On the other hand, the Stars and Hawks who both need a Hamhuis type player failed to get a deal done to get Hamhuis....

The assumption is that Hamhuis will re sign in Vancouver, but no guarantees that after he's had a taste of life in Dallas and Chicago on teams competing for the Cup this season and into the future that he wouldn't change his mind and stay with his new team...

If that were to happen, is it better to keep and re sign him or take the weak packages those teams offered?

Still hopeful that Edler gets dealt at the June draft for that blue chip prospect on defense and picks, and Hamhuis is around to mentor the number of young players who will be on the blue line.

Take care...
Hey Rikster,

For me the big issue is Dallas made another offer, if so you have a chance to get something for nothing. You can still re-sign Hamhuis in the summer and if he doesn't want to be here? You still have Edler, Hutton, Sbisa, Pedan all on the left side so it's a relative strength. The right side has Tanev, maybe Larsen and a bunch of garbage. There's a big need there, but Hamhuis can't play that side. As you said, if you want to you can always re-sign him, trade Edler to recoup some assets at the draft, but that still doesn't mean you don't trade him today. I don't really care if Dallas offered a 7th rounder, it's still better than nothing which is what you have now.

What is the direction of this team? They now finally admitted they are rebuilding, yet Jim trades a young player on an ELC for Granlund, who is a couple of years older. He trades Eddie Lack, a young goalie, while keeping an older goalie in Miller. He trades a 2nd rounder from the Bieksa deal as part of the package for Brandon Sutter, along with a much less expensive player in Bonino. He trades a 5th (potentially 4th) for 26 year old Larsen. He trades a 5th along with Kassian to get Prust, who was a disaster here. For a guy who likes drafting he sure doesn't like to keep a lot of picks!

Now we get nothing for Hamhuis, Vrbata or any other UFA and he says it's because of the market - yet Toronto got good value for Winnik and Polak, Calgary for Russell, Carolina for Liles and Staal, Buffalo for McGinn, Jersey for Stempniak, etc - I think he just overplayed his hand and was left with nothing.

As a Canucks fan this is a very frustrating time, the team on the ice is as bad as it's been in almost 20 years and the management upstairs seems to be doing little to nothing about it. They seem to be good at drafting but can't trade for picks while trading them away.

Aside from a good pick at the draft I'm not expecting a lot, especially since it's the most expensive time of the year to obtain draft picks. Hopefully we'll see them do something but given the recent track record I'm not holding my breath.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: Strangelove's expectations before the deadline:

1st for Hamhuis
2nd for Vrbata
5th for Bart
5th for Prust
(Or something to that effect)

Deadline day picks and assets received: 0 (actually lost our best and most affordable 4th liner on waivers)

Strangelove insists he is thrilled with what happened on deadline day.
I recall Doc a couple months ago saying Benning would be doing okay if he traded Hamhuis (retained) and Vrbata (retained) for a 1st and a 2nd. Well, I guess we didn't do okay...
LOL about how far IN has his head up Rummy's backside! :lol:

Yes, I was hoping for a 1st /2nd for Hamhuis/Vrbata.

But that was before we found out how badly Hammer wants to finish his career here (read: discount).

It was also before Vrbata managed just 2 points in his last 11 games... and then got injured (stick w fork).

It was also before anyone knew what the TDD market would be like (deadest one yet).

It was also before Benning picked up Granlund + Larsen + Etem (I'm happy with those pickups).

Rummy you've got it assbackwards: I was the one saying we wouldn't get anything for Prust/Bart:

viewtopic.php?p=248449#p248449

:scowl:

As a matter of fact, I was arguing against your other girlfriend Blob ...
____
Try to focus on someday.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

So, sounds like Benning completely misread the market. Man do I wish I could be there for that town hall meeting on Friday. Boy has he fucked up over the past week.

only thing there is to cheer for now are the young guys and loses for a better draft position.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

You've quoted the same post three times Mr Overtime
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:Benning was willing to take the Dallas deal but in the end Dallas picked Russell. It was Dallas choice. They did circle back at the end but their offer was not worth considering. Never got a concrete off er from Chicago.

Got no offers at all on Vrbata from his list of 8.
Two words can pretty much sum up the whole Canucks season, "bad luck".

Vrbata
If he can score anything close to what he did last season, the Canucks would definitely get something for him. Unfortunately, he only managed 12 goals and 12 assists for in 57 games, a 0.42 ppg which is worse than freaking Linden Vey 2 goals and 9 assists for 25 games, a 0.44 ppg. If Vrbata can't score, he is just as useless as Vey. Why would any GMs give up anything significant for him? Also, it didn't help when he injured himself just right before the trading deadline.

Hamhuis
His value is not as high as he once was six years ago. A severe injury further reduced his value. With a NTC clause and his intention to stay in the West, it made the numbers of suitors very limited. The media did not help much by setting him up to publicly admit that he might be the next Vermette.

If Bennings had a crystal ball, he would have traded Vrbata last offseason. At the very least, the Canucks should be able to sign Hamhuis to a reasonable extension and can also gain $5 million cap space by losing Vrbata this offseason.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Rumsfeld wrote:Strangelove's expectations before the deadline:

1st for Hamhuis
2nd for Vrbata
5th for Bart
5th for Prust

Deadline day picks and assets received: 0 (actually lost our best and most affordable 4th liner on waivers)

Because the season and GMJBs career hinged on today.

:roll:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

1st for Hamhuis
2nd for Vrbata
5th for Bart
5th for Prust

I recall Doc a couple months ago saying Benning would be doing okay if he traded Hamhuis (retained) and Vrbata (retained) for a 1st and a 2nd. Well, I guess we didn't do okay...

But that was before we found out how badly Hammer wants to finish his career here (read: discount).

It was also before Vrbata managed just 2 points in his last 11 games... and then got injured (stick w fork).

It was also before anyone knew what the TDD market would be like (deadest one yet).

It was also before Benning picked up Granlund + Larsen + Etem (I'm happy with those pickups).

Rummy you've got it assbackwards: I was the one saying we wouldn't get anything for Prust/Bart:

viewtopic.php?p=248449#p248449

:scowl:

As a matter of fact, I was arguing against your other girlfriend Blob ...
Picking up Granlund and Larsen changed your mind about wanting picks back for our veterans? :lol:

Hamhuis always wanted to re-sign here, who cares. He was willing to go and Jim shit the bed again.

The market for defensemen doesn't seem too dead to me.

Polak for two 2nds
Justin Shultz for a 3rd
Mike Weber for a 3rd
Kris Russell for a 1st/2nd and two prospects
JM Liles for a 3rd, 5th, prospect
Eric Gelinas for a 3rd

You guys are starting to sound as desperate as your fearless bleater.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Arachnid wrote:

1st for Hamhuis
2nd for Vrbata
5th for Bart
5th for Prust

It's hilarious watching you suck up to Strangelove [mod edit: No need for this crap]

I miss those days, what a whipped dog you've become.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

1st for Hamhuis
2nd for Vrbata
5th for Bart
5th for Prust

Yeah, Rummy beat me by about a minute. Point still stands.

Seems like you, just like your Wizard, completely misread the chicken bones.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:You've quoted the same post three times Mr Overtime
My apologies Mr. Blob. I was cleaning my gun and it accidentally discharged.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

1st for Hamhuis
2nd for Vrbata
5th for Bart
5th for Prust

It's hilarious watching you suck up to Strangelove [mod edit]

I miss those days, what a whipped dog you've become.
How is this even a hockey post?

Stop being a fucktard and attacking me personally and talk hockey or [mod edit: No need for this crap].

Thank the Hockey Gods Benning doesn't read the knee-jerk posts on here. This team would look like New Jersey in the early Eighties.

Stand Pat Jimbo!

Reward Dan the Man for his loyalty and professionalism and take the cap space VR will give you to sign a top 6 D.

I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Listening to Benning presser on TSN, loved the part when he says he 'values draft picks', why the hell does he keep throwing picks into trades then?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Overtime wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:You've quoted the same post three times Mr Overtime
My apologies Mr. Blob. I was cleaning my gun and it accidentally discharged.
No worries I wasn't angry. Were you planning to confront a man with that gun ?