2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Topper »

theman wrote:I can stomach Hamhius not being traded as he had a NTC and could have vetoed a potential good trade for us, but Vrbata? A 5th or 6th would have been better than nothing. Very, very poor asset management from this group. They better have an awesome draft or all their support will be gone.

Apparently Benning will be on the radio in a few hours, bet they won't be accepting any call ins.
theman wrote:short sighted is not getting assets back from a valuable playoff performer. we are not making the players and even if everybody knew that Hamhuis was going to pull a Vermette, we still could have gotten a conditional pick for him. Even that, has value. Now we risk losing him and Vrbata for nothing in the off season.

Benning better hope that the radio program he will be on later today is not going to be a phone in one.
LOL

You are confused.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

We could re-sign Hamhuis anyway. I have a feeling this is gonna look really bad for Elmer once details on offers start to leak out.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: You're happy with this deadline then, are you Doc?
Yes because it tells me we are re-signing Hamhuis and trading Edler at the draft for a high 1st.

(I also like the Granlund and Larsen pickups)
I'm with ya Doc. UrineNation will slowly come around.'
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
Yes because it tells me we are re-signing Hamhuis and trading Edler at the draft for a high 1st.

LOL with Benning at the helm there's no way in hell Edler fetches a top 10 first rounder. Thanks for the gut buster.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
givemeda411
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by givemeda411 »

TSN was just talking about Hamhuis was good with going to Dallas, we had a deal. Then Benning changed it and Dallas backed out.

No details, if this was before or after Russell deal. I'm guessing before.
Last edited by givemeda411 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:How is everyone feeling right now? Lol. Can't believe I was the only one who saw this coming.
Hey.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Strangelove wrote:
That is the only outcome which promises a happy ending. Really, you can only keep one of them long-term and given the choice, let it be Edler. Sign Hamhuis to retire with the Sedins.

Otherwise, Benning has utterly shat in his hands this TDD. Wake me at the draft. This season's team is no longer worth watching after last night's charade.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Diehard1 wrote:I don't care if he has a NMC - you play hardball and tell him if he doesn't move he won't be re-signed in the off-season and will be playing limited minutes the rest of this year.
Hamuis's response...

Go ahead, now I can sit back and wait until July 1 or longer to have more in depth conversations with my family of where we want to go next.

Future FA response...

If they want to treat someone who clearly wants to do everything he can to be in Vancouver, and the team treats him like shit, why would I want to go there?
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

LOL with Benning at the helm there's no way in hell Edler fetches a top 10 first rounder. Thanks for the gut buster.
Not to mention that the draft is the worst time to trade for high picks. The GMs are all in prospect mode and picks are expensive as fuck.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lmao the leaves are blatantly tanking for the Matthews. They are icing an AHL lineup there next game. The NHL has to do something
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:

Don't forget Etem!
The only HW the Canucks need
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

vic wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:I don't care if he has a NMC - you play hardball and tell him if he doesn't move he won't be re-signed in the off-season and will be playing limited minutes the rest of this year.
Hamuis's response...

Go ahead, now I can sit back and wait until July 1 or longer to have more in depth conversations with my family of where we want to go next.

Future FA response...

If they want to treat someone who clearly wants to do everything he can to be in Vancouver, and the team treats him like shit, why would I want to go there?
You know he agreed to waive, right? :hmmm:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:How is everyone feeling right now? Lol. Can't believe I was the only one who saw this coming.
Hey.
Sorry Topper, you too
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote: We could re-sign Hamhuis anyway.
We couldn't have re-signed Hamhuis before the draft (if we had dealt him today).
Rumsfeld wrote: I have a feeling this is gonna look really bad for Elmer once details on offers start to leak out.

Feelings... WO-O-O FEELINGS... WO-O-O FEELINGS...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote:The Canucks are clearing the decks with expiring contracts. Cap space heading into the off season.

I am glad Benning did nothing rather than take back contracts.

I said it a month ago and no one believed it. LOL at the pandemic of short sightedness.

Shrinkwrap and Larsen was the deadline.

Benning is a genius!
LOL! If Dallas was in on Hamhuis before they traded for Russell, then Benning is as obtuse, and that opinion regarding taking back contracts is as short-sighted as it gets.

The Flames got a draft pick and 2 younger players back. The pick is a 2nd that could become a 1st if the Stars get to the SCF. The salary that they took back totals up to $1.6M, almost half of which is on an ELC and can be buried in the minors without touching the cap. I'm not sure about Jokipakka's deal, but based his age and games played, chances are it's a 2-way contract that could also be buried in the AHL. Regardless, it's $900K, who cares.