Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Postby Puck » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:10 pm

Regarding FO%... Perhaps losing Brad Richardson off the fourth line has had more of an impact than expected?
User avatar
Puck
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Postby Rayxor » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:59 pm

Puck wrote:Regarding FO%... Perhaps losing Brad Richardson off the fourth line has had more of an impact than expected?

Only in hindsight. A healthy Sutter would have limited the need to have Cracknell, Vey and Mccann take so many FOs
User avatar
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:05 am
Location: Tiger country

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Postby Topper » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:05 pm

Rayxor wrote:
Puck wrote:Regarding FO%... Perhaps losing Brad Richardson off the fourth line has had more of an impact than expected?

Only in hindsight. A healthy Sutter would have limited the need to have Cracknell, Vey and Mccann take so many FOs

It limits many of them having to take FO's on their weak side.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8746
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 pm

Rayxor wrote:
Puck wrote:Regarding FO%... Perhaps losing Brad Richardson off the fourth line has had more of an impact than expected?

Only in hindsight. A healthy Sutter would have limited the need to have Cracknell, Vey and Mccann take so many FOs

He may have even gotten us two points closer to a playoff spot .

Oh yeah ..... He's also tall so that shit makes the whole team stand a bit taller .

Benning is a wizard.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7876
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Postby Topper » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Blob, are these the sort of things you make up like your October forecast of Benning trading Horvat before Christmas......

Cary on making yourself look silly. You are very good at it.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8746
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Topper wrote:Blob, are these the sort of things you make up like your October forecast of Benning trading Horvat before Christmas......

Cary on making yourself look silly. You are very good at it.

If Benning dealt Bo he would recoup the second he dealt for Vey.

Benning is a wizard.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7876
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Postby Overtime » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:04 pm

Arbour wrote:From knowledgeable Utica watchers: Shinkaruk has the innate natural ability to get into the open and find the puck from a rebound or a pass as he arrives and can convert in those situations which is generally how he gets his points, however, his passing is not particularly good, nor is his ability to carry the puck, his defensive game needs work and he is easily pushed off the puck. He can disappear for whole periods, but will score if left open. Consensus from the above is that he is still a work in progress and will need more time in the AHL, since the deficiencies in his game at this time, in spite of his point production, would not translate well at the next level.

Green seems to have a handle on his players and I would be surprised if he didn't have input into this deal. While Benning has the final say he certainly didn't ignore Green's input when acquiring Baertschi. Granlund's AHL point production is somewhat similar to Shinkaruk's ie 25 goals and 21 assists in 52 games in 2013/14 as a 20 year old.

That sounds a lot like Brett Hull. I am not sure I like this trade.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Postby Overtime » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:11 pm

Overtime wrote:
Arbour wrote:From knowledgeable Utica watchers: Shinkaruk has the innate natural ability to get into the open and find the puck from a rebound or a pass as he arrives and can convert in those situations which is generally how he gets his points, however, his passing is not particularly good, nor is his ability to carry the puck, his defensive game needs work and he is easily pushed off the puck. He can disappear for whole periods, but will score if left open. Consensus from the above is that he is still a work in progress and will need more time in the AHL, since the deficiencies in his game at this time, in spite of his point production, would not translate well at the next level.

Green seems to have a handle on his players and I would be surprised if he didn't have input into this deal. While Benning has the final say he certainly didn't ignore Green's input when acquiring Baertschi. Granlund's AHL point production is somewhat similar to Shinkaruk's ie 25 goals and 21 assists in 52 games in 2013/14 as a 20 year old.

That sounds a lot like Brett Hull. I am not sure I like this trade.
In fact; I now officially state I hate this trade.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Postby Rumsfeld » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:21 pm

There is a pretty decent chance that this trade will blow up in our faces down the road.

Or it could be looked back on as a meaningless swap between two fringe players.

Either way, Elmer is a wizard.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Postby SKYO » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:22 pm

Shinkaruk as Brett Hull now?? lol just when you think you've heard it all. :hmmm:
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7985
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Postby Jovocop » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:32 pm

SKYO wrote:Shinkaruk as Brett Hull now?? lol just when you think you've heard it all. :hmmm:


Didn't people say the same thing about Dane Fox when he scored 64 goals in 67 games?
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2644
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Postby Meds » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Jovocop wrote:
SKYO wrote:Shinkaruk as Brett Hull now?? lol just when you think you've heard it all. :hmmm:


Didn't people say the same thing about Dane Fox when he scored 64 goals in 67 games?


And bear in mind that in today's NHL Hull would not have been nearly as effective.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5391
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Postby Strangelove » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:25 pm

damonberryman wrote:incest is becoming a problem here


Wait… Blobby and Nucklehead are related?!!! :shock:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 14147
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Postby Topper » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:45 am

SKYO wrote:Shinkaruk as Brett Hull now?? lol just when you think you've heard it all. :hmmm:

That's just plain silly, everyone can see he is more like Jari Kurri. :drink:
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8746
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Postby Reefer2 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:14 am

Strangelove wrote:
damonberryman wrote:incest is becoming a problem here


Wait… Blobby and Nucklehead are related?!!! :shock:


Now THAT is funny, good thing I was not drinking coffee or I would need a new keyboard.
User avatar
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2682
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron